ZenRooms

ZenRooms Employee Reviews

Philippines14 reviews

Collaborative work environment

Working in Zen helped me develop my skills in collaborating with teams and individuals from different countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam). This experience has been a great opportunity for me to improve my confidence in communicating with people in higher positions in the organization/company.

Pros

Free lunch on Friday

Managers were very selective and always played favourites

Like all good start-up companies it was good in the beginning but there were just some heads that grew to big and began to show their lack of concern for their people..

Pros

You can use your phone while working

Cons

Salary is low, and same with job advancement chances they are slim

Everything is excellent!

I had a very short stay at ZenRooms but until the end of my employment, I was well taken care of. I hope after this pandemic, I can come back to this company and start over again.

Good

Very nice experience working here on zenrooms, i have alot memorable experience, to the team staff and also the management... a lot of challenge but you will learned...

Many opportunities for growth

At ZEN, while the work was difficult and the hours were long, I was given so many opportunities to grow the skill sets that I wanted and those that I didn't even know I needed to further enhance. Upper management truly knows how to value people whose potential they see can really help grow the company. I was also given autonomy on the projects I handled. There was no micromanagement and was more of a lead by example kind of management style.

Fun and collaborative work environment

If you're looking for challenges and room for growth, ZEN Rooms is the place for you. Upper management has high expectations so you must give your best efforts. Regardless of the pressure, they have a very welcoming and relaxed working environment. Everyone in the office is friendly which makes it a fun place to work in. They have free lunch Fridays too!

Great people, great environment

Here at ZEN Rooms, you won't be doing the same thing over and over again for 35 years. There's always something new to do every day, week, month, etc. when it comes to your every day responsibilities to your special projects. Youll get to grow, both as an individual and as a person because of the culture and environment they have. From an intern to a full-time employee, so far, it has been a blast working with these people and I'm excited to see the business grow and nurture.

Solution-oriented company! Perfect for people who loves challenges

I started with a very high level training and I was sent out right after to the field. They will let you do your own "diskarte" or approach which promotes creativity but still is there to guide you. It's pretty fast here. Expect a steep learning curve and make sure you are able to adapt fast to changes. An action-oriented and productive company. I find company communication both between employees and inter-departments effective, open and fast. I like how open the culture of the company is, they are open to new ideas, they listen to suggestions and observations. You can really feel that there is an engagement between you and the company and that your output has high impact and is important to the company.

Fast paced environment with a fun culture

Zen Rooms is results-driven. You're given the space to work on your own ideas and initiatives (on top of your business as usual) as long as they add value to the company. This comes with a lot of pressure as delays, failures, and set backs can always be traced back to the source. Though this also means that high fliers are rewarded well. Overall, the company keeps you on your toes and challenges common business practices while successfully retaining a young and lively environment.

Pros

Free fruit and coffee every morning

Cons

Work does not necessarily end after your shift

A place for challenges and growth

Over the course of my time in ZEN Rooms, I was pushed to limits that I didn't know I could be pushed in a good way. I was given many opportunities for growth and was given full accountability in my own work. I was expected to be independent and proactive which worked in my favor as I had control over how my work-life balance would be. Management is very friendly and warm and expects a lot from you which can make the environment one with high pressure but you thrive, learn, and grow from the experience of it. I would say that working for ZEN isn't for those who are weak hearted and aren't prepared to give their 110%. It's a performance driven work place so take from that what you will.

Challenging workplace but salary packages should be improved

Management: Better alignment among departments and increased transparency with the employees is needed. Having moved operations to the Philippines entail trusting the Filipino employees they hire and not just hiring them because labor is cheap here. We have several expats who do not trust the judgement of our agents simply because they think as a person who is tasked a simple task, they can't think better. Policies: Policies considerate of the work culture and the overall status of the company should be adopted. The company should understand that highly bureaucratic policies from corporate companies do not fit the environment in a startup as it only hinders efficient escalation and delays the resolution of issues. Tech: As a tech company, we should invest in better tech instead of only relying on manual work and bandaid solutions. Putting all the resources on hiring more people to do too manual tasks do not fit a tech company at all. Our tech team is not something we can be proud of. Salary Packages: The company needs to improve on the overall salary package. It is hard to refer friends given that it lags behind other Startup companies' benefits. Low HMO allocation, no dependents, no OT pay Overall, if you want a challenge and a good amount of stress, you can come here, but if you're someone who needs a good pay and proper benefits on top of the exciting work, this isn't really the place for you.

nice

good working place. Recommended to all job seekers around. Very relaxed working place. All heads are so cool even the country manager. I really loved working with zen rooms. As a hotel operations manager i used to handle 5 properties around bonifacio global center.

Its happy to work in zenrooms

The manager and the supervisor is so nice and kind. they will help you to gain your skills and knowledge about my position. They will help you if i didnt handle the situation or the complaint

Fast Phase Industry

Very competitive company when it comes to result and employee performance. They always attend to employee needs and very fast promotion when they see potential to staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZenRooms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • ZenRooms
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?