Werner Enterprises

Werner Enterprises Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,728 reviews

Average

Average. Rude fleet managers, average pay, checks are up and down each month. Home time is so hard to get. I’ve been asking to change acct. from OTR to Local for 3 months and each time I call they tell me nothing is available.

Don't Do It!!

I had a horrible experience here. They will run you like a dog. You might not get home time when requested and God forbid you get sick on the road. I had to do several loads before getting home when I was severely sick. The pay is horrible for a new trucker.

Pros

Newer trucks

Cons

Pay, home time, everything else

Great for a single person

Hard to make it home a lot of sitting waiting on loads spend more time waiting for dispatch to figure out what they are doing than you spend actually hauling the load

Okay place to start

Werner is an okay to place to start your driving career if you're going over the road (OTR), but don't stay too long. Get your experience and then change accounts, or companies if necessary. I can't express the following point strongly enough.OTR AT WERNER IS NOT LONGHAUL TRUCKING!!!!!!You will NOT be pulling loads from CA to NY. A "long haul" at Werner is 500-600 miles. Think Cleveland, OH to Charlotte, NC. *** Many hauls are shorter than that. 600 miles is a long haul at Werner, not an average. ***You will NOT drive 48-states. In fact, if your home address is east of I-35, you might only see that half of the country. Get used to the East Coast. OTR at Werner is a start, nothing more, nothing less. The company itself is not bad. You'll get experience driving and a paycheck while doing so. If that's all you need, there are worse companies out there.

No fun very stressful, poor management

Manager ignores calls, puts you on hold but hangs up. Does not return calls. No home time, when hired told I would be home weekends they changed to over the road (OTR) without asking me. Refused to repair semi truck, brake service light was on for several months. Didn’t want to fix the air conditioner while temps were 112 in Az and southern Cal where I worked. Numerous other issues with the truck took over 10 days to fix most of them I sat unable to work equals no pay!

Pros

Cons

No communication, poor equipment up keep, no home time

Great starter company

Just starting out? Great beginning! They will help you get started in trucking. If you're experienced, you might be able to negotiate a better wage

Unproductive

They don’t care to give you miles , lack of communication, a lot of waiting, low pay, force you to work even if tired or sick. Send you home 3 days earlier then expect you to be back early

Bad pay

Sit and wait 3-4 hours a night barely clearing 900 some weeks very fluctuating pay Werner seems less then average opposed to the motto average is for others also they lied about how much time off I would get Werner does not seem for the family or seem to care at the location I work

Great starter company

The company is great to start off at. I was there for a little over a year and decided to leave for better pay. Obviously you will have times where you get bad dispatchers but that’s anywhere. I went to a smaller company and honestly I miss the luxury that Werner brought. For example, the terminals with showers and workout equipment and equipment that was maintained very well.

Never home on time

No clear power chart. Dont know who's falt it is when something bad happens. Spent all day one day driving around Dallas and fort worth looking for an empty trailer, 4 different locations I was sent for a trailer that they have GPS on and they weren't there. I you break down on the road lord have mercy. You'll usually be 4th or 5th on hold. Bad equipment

Lots of calling

It's basically a broker job with logistics words attached to it. Expect a lot of cold calling and managing your way into a broker with either trucks or Customers

Not beneficial

Bad company low mileage and low pay and want you to work long hours not worth it at all and the management is the worst part don’t waste your time here

Good but understaffed fleet management

Been a mostly frictionless working environment for the last 5 years. Plenty of good fleet managers but it can be difficult to get help during night and weekends. Equipment is maintained to a pretty high standard and they make a good effort to make sure you get home on time. I recommend them, especially for newer drivers.

Bad dispatch

Dispatch is terrible. You will be sitting in your truck waiting for over 2 hours for them just to send you an empty trailer which might not even be there. Unless you're getting paid by the hour it's not worth it at all

I felt like part of the team at Werner

Werner demands long hours, but has fair compensation and straightforward work goals. Management is working just as many hours as those at the operations level often responding to inquiries after hours and on weekends.

Get to See the Country

I really enjoyed working at Wener. I had a great trainer who helped me become better and confident before I was out on my on. The money was decent, yet the home time was what took me away. I got to see a lot of the western states.

Good equipment

Willing to listen and help,Willing to help your advantage to make your goals. Give different opportunities to advance in the company, award for safe miles.

Below average

A good company to start with being fresh out of trucking school pay is decent depending on preference barely get home time dispatchers don’t understand you until you get aggressive with them

Great Company, just be careful driving, the safety department will be able to detect unsafe driving and will come down on you about it. Great benefits also and will work with you to get you home when needed.

Good people great company in the trucking industry

Werner enterprises Is a really good trucking company if you want to feel a part of the Company they give you many chances and really put in work to help you succeed really great for any new truck driver out of school.Always picked up the phone great people and always worked with me. Warner I appreciate you.

Pros

Good people good company the best truckingSuper hard work company I have experience so far

Cons

Super hard work not flexible like most CDL jobs pay could be a little better

They only care about what you can do for them.

It's all about Werner. You are easily replaced. You do not get paid for actual miles driven it is company estimated. The trucks are garbage.. Maintenance of trucks is minimal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Werner Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Werner Enterprises
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?