Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 239,131 reviews matching the searchSee all 239,135 reviews

I want to be productive at work and be able to work from home

In a typical day at work I provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues. What I have learned in my current company is that we need to value customers and give them satisfaction. Working in the company for 8 years and 8 months to be exact made me realize that I need to look forward for a better opportunity especially having a children of four to provide them a better future ahead. The hardest part of my job is that when it comes to decision making because during our shift (4PM-12 AM EST) most of our project managers were already off and we need to do some decision making especially getting additional technicians onsite. The most enjoyable part of my job when someone appreciate your work that could motivate you to work hard.

Management was horrible

Working overnight was no problem but the mangers would rush us to hurry up and finish stocking. They expected me to do my workload plus 2nd shifts workload because the people on 2nd shift were so lazy and knew if they didn’t finish their work then 3rd shift would have to whereas if 3rd shift didn’t finish we had to stay until we completely finished. On top of that, they wouldn’t even approve me to be off for my final exams even though they knew way in advance and upon interviewing me, I let them know I was in college and would need days off for exams. I even mentioned it again during orientation and they act like I would be guaranteed that time off since it was school related.

Work day

The job itself is easy, despite being shorthanded. Management has unrealistic expectations and think that the impossible can be achieved with just a few people, with no support. Would not recommend, also don't get sick unless u have enough PTO to cover the days that u will unexpectedly be out. Awful work environment

Pros

2 15’s and a hour lunch break

Cons

Managers

What I learned

Cool workplace

Workplace was pretty cool.. just stock product where it’s suppose to go. I never got yelled at or bothered.. I really just did my own thing and never seen the supervisors when I was working. Great for people who don’t like their bosses on their backs 24/7

Don’t work here

They don’t pay you enough .. over a decade with the company and I get paid a little over minimum wage .. the yearly raise is about .30-.40 cent .. which is garbage . Managers treat you bad.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Everything else

fun workplace

I was promoted pretty quickly. I would go back. Management is always changing. People are nice there. I worked at a good store with good people. Would recommend for a young person or retired. Just a job, not a career.

Productive and Somewhat Fun Place

I worked at a Walmart warehouse for about 5 months back in 2021. Had the opportunity to have cool coworkers, learn how to drive 2 different kinds of forklifts, and my manager and supervisor gave me some gifts when I left to job to pursue my self-employed endeavors.

Awful

Walmart is the worst corporation ever but i guess thats what you should expect from big corporations like this now they dont care about entry level people

Ok Workplace

It was a job. The pay was decent. The managers were a mixed bag. Some were really great and others… not so much. I learned how to work with money transactions.

Walmart isn’t a fair workplace in my opinion

To me , Walmart is just like the Illuminati. It’s almost like you have to sell your soul to get in. The point system is unreasonable . Especially for parents. And the fact that they don’t take doctors excuses, they don’t do holiday pay but will point you double when calling out (when you only get 4) is unpredictable! You have to know someone that knows the right person to still be employed and have so many points against you.

Don’t work there

If you think u would like working at Walmart think again. They are not there for u unless u are popular there. They make u work really hard which I didn’t mind cause it made the day go by faster. But if someone was out they will move u to another department.

Management is terrible

Management and the corporate people are the worst they don’t care at all if you have family emergency they have the most heartless people in management positions

Great people Steady hours

You'll get a lot of hours and promotions are easy to get and most of your managers and coworkers will be easy to work with. The job is simple but it can become repetitive.

Come to Walmart and try it for your self.Great benefits, the pay is good they have different pay role from 14 dollars to 20 dollars an hour it depends on you and the the type of job you want.

Distribution Center #7036 I wouldn’t recommend it

Personally I don’t think anyone should undergo as much stress like you do at this job, the pay doesn’t match up to the production you have to make which in order to make it you have to bust your butt the whole 12 hour shift. They really don’t care about you all they care about is hitting their numbers. The managers themselves undergo so much stress from the upper management that they have to treat their employees bad because of it. They really expect everyone to work like robots. But if doing an intense 12 hour workout is what you wanna do then you may like it. However there are positions there that are definitely manageable to do like DA receiving or power equipment positions are the only thing that I would recommend mostly DA, and also they have very few desk positions that you don’t have a production but they are extremely hard to get because you have to know people to get them.

Fast Paced

They always expect you to go above and beyond what you are expected to do. They change shifts without any notice and tell you that you need to work those hours no matter what your availability is.

Fun place to work

The environment is like a typical store but the people are very nice. Management is always a available for questions and are very helpful. It’s a laid back environment.

Pretty meh

Management can really suck, the 5 point system can be hard to work with, the pay was pretty good, breaks are good, they've made skeleton crews the new norm and refuse to hire more people but complain that stuff isn't getting done

Alright place

It was alright I guess. I mean it's walmart. Nothing special. Supervisors are not all that organized with breaks. It was a few year ago so they may be better now

Could’ve been better

Started good as first job. But the progression system isn’t good. They don’t care about your personal life at all. Will over work you. Doctors notes and all that doesn’t matter, if you don’t show up to work They are mad. They have fired people I know while they were off of work. The associates are nice to eachother but have no problem stepping on people to get to the top and kissing butt

Pros

Occasionally they cook for us

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about Walmart in popular locations

• Walmart
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?