University of Cebu Medical Center

University of Cebu Medical Center Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
since you are handling lives, you have to be cautious and extra care or utmost care. you have to extend your abilities, capabilities, apply what you have learned. i have learned to extend my patience to its highest peak in handling patients who nurse called just to turn off their lights. at workplace you have to play as collaborative. unite as one with the doctors, aides, significant others and other healthcare team members. the hardest part i that you are asked to worked for 16 hours due to its understaff. what i enjoyed the most despite how stressful the work is still manages to go out with workmates at the end of the shift.
Pros
health benefit
Salary / Benefits
I've had my fair share of ups and downs in my entire nursing career, and all those experiences honed me to be the person I am now. I am passionate and my goals are to help others, share what I know and what I have.
Salary / Benefits
You will learn to extend yourself for your work. You can also appreciate the personal development opportunities and be able to contribute also to others' personal development.
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot of things during my work days in the company. One thing for sure is how you handle different situations you'll come across in your daily work, specially with co-staffs, staffs from other departments and the Doctors. In this line of work, focus, specificity and communication is the key to avoid mistakes. Focus on a specific task that you're working on, and communication from other Departments, specially from Operating Room Staff to CSSD Staff, because we're much focused on OR other than any departments.
Salary / Benefits
I have the best workmates. All you need is patience and hardwork to get over with stress. It opened an opportunity for me to choose what I really want to have in life.
Salary / Benefits
Considers the welfare of others. Enhances each individual's learnings through enhancement training. A harmonious place to work with. Big parking spaces available for clients.
Salary / Benefits
The University of Cebu Medical Center is a relatively new establishment, it has been only opened for about 5 years. Despite that, it has been providing patients good quality health care and top rank customer service. I have been working in the establishment for almost 3 years and it has made me into a skilled professional in my career.
Salary / Benefits
I am hardworking. I can do multi tasking at work. I am friendly at work. I am willing to help those in need me as long as I can. I am responsible enough of my task assignment.
Salary / Benefits
The trainings were good. I was able to work with professionals, together with my co-interns, I was given a chance to: interpret and administer psychological tests; formulate psychological reports; interview clients and applicants; organize and input personal files of the students and employees.
Salary / Benefits
No transparency. One sided Management. No benefits. Improper process flows especially in discharging patients. It takes a long time for a patient to be attended by the physician specifically for ER
Salary / Benefits
The facilities are very new. The staff is very helpful and friendly. It is a place where generalists are able to improve thier knowledge and skills guided by hospitalists.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Increasing volume of patients
Salary / Benefits
The Company has been established to deliver high quality clinical care and affordable and efficient patient-centered services through its state-of -the-art medical facilities and excellent medical staff. UCMed is envisioned to be a tertiary hospital with 300-be capacity. An Affiliate of the University of Cebu (the largest privately-held educational institution in the country) and the University of Cebu School of Medicine, UCMed aspires to be a training hospital for the students and medical practitioners in the field of Medicine, Nursing and Allied Medical Services. UCMed is also an affiliate of St. Vincent General Hospital, a 100-bed capacity hospital located in Sambag II, Cebu City accredited by Philhealth as a Center of Excellence and Licensed by the Department of Health as a Tertiary Hospital.
Salary / Benefits
Work environment is very well, you can easily adapt and work with. Work-life balance is quite good. The most enjoyable part of the job is having fun with colleague while in job.
Salary / Benefits
co-employees in the area are fun and helpful. during busy days, you wont feel the stress because you know that your co-staff nurses on duty will always be there for you to help you up and crack up jokes to lighten up your day's work load.
Pros
have benefits like SSS, discounts on hospital fee if employee and its dependent is admitted, discount on tuition fees of employees and its dependent enrolling to the hospital's sister company
Cons
approves a maximum of only 5-7 days straight vacation leave, most seminars offered is not for free, and in the event that a seminar is offered for free, the employee is required to serve or stay with the hospital for a couple of months or years.
Salary / Benefits
The management of this company is not fair, they only favor to those employee with in the higher management level but to middle and the lowest rank they don't have any concern on it. Regarding salary also its not fair because mostly new applicant are much more higher paid than the old employee. For three years in the business the hospital does not have any program for the employee's performance evluation to let them eager to work hard.
Salary / Benefits
Innovative work place with a bright future ahead, given that they will be able to cope up with the healthcare management requirements and able to retain their employees.
Salary / Benefits
You will learn bookkeeping techniques since we do accounting manually. There is no problem with your co-employees since they do work well. Thus, there's harmony and unity between them.
Pros
on-time salary
Cons
no harmony between management and employees
Salary / Benefits
We have in shifting bases working hours, 40 hours a week, we are hardworking, dedicated employee.Ucmed is a tertiary hospital dedicated for holistic care , safety and satisfaction.
Pros
Free uniforms, healthcare discounts For regular employee
Salary / Benefits
> my current company now is nice, patient centered, busy and 50 / 50 when in comes to employee's benefit. > i learned about my current work is to provide quality, holistic health care assurance to the patient needed such help. > management is kind of balance 50 / 50 rate towards employee > for me there's no such thing as hardest part of the job because i know how to manage it. >the most enjoyable part of the job its when how busy the emegency room at is we always throw some jokes with each other.
Pros
N/a
Cons
> Poor Salary rate > very low health insurance > no salary increase
Salary / Benefits
I was assigned in cardiac catherization laboratory, cardiovascular operating room, and operating room in the general surgery. my duties and responsibilities like as scrub nurse and circulating nurse.
Salary / Benefits
The company provides no job security. No benefits are given to the staff except for the mandatory benefits as stated by the law. No salary increase once you become a regular but the starting rate is generally satisfactory compared to other hospitals. The management is unsure about the benefits and salary increase whenever you ask them. Sadly, the hospital is poorly managed at the moment. Some of the department heads are unqualified for their position. There is a lot of complications going on as of the moment which is why I opted to leave.
Pros
nice hospital
Cons
poor management