UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Philippines253 reviews
Salary / Benefits
It is good to work here because you will be learning the basics of customer service and how to have a heart for the members, however management does not know how to profile their employees on what approach of learning they should use.
May 26, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Best of luck on your continued career. - Tori
Salary / Benefits
I like the quarterly bonus for employees. They have a very nice working environment and bosses are always there to help and support on your work journey. Opportunity to grow is evident.
Salary / Benefits
It was fun and I learned about health insurance in US. The management is very accommodating. The hardest part would we are the pioneer batch so we started from scratch.
May 19, 2020
I'm glad you enjoyed your time at UnitedHealth Group. We wish you the best! - Tori
Salary / Benefits
I was an Authorization Representative, we receive calls from healthcare providers calling to check if a service is covered based on the members insurance plan
May 17, 2020
Salary / Benefits
Poor management and the managers were promoted early. Operations work by people always calling out each other. Engagement is superficial. There is no true action item. All are band aid solutions.
April 25, 2020
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Since you are a current employee, I recommend having an open discussion with your manager on what is and isn't working. There are also employee resources internally that are available to you online and over the phone that I also recommend that you take advantage of. - Tori
Salary / Benefits
A good company to start up your career with US Healthcare, but bad management and work culture. Management doesnt think about the welfare of the employees.
April 13, 2020
I'm sorry to hear this was your experience. Overall I've had a great experience in growing my career at UnitedHealth Group. We wish you the best! -Kayla
Salary / Benefits
We were the 1st and last wave that was cross trained for different task and role which is very toxic. Because we handle eligibility and intake claims and authorization. Manager is super pro management not pro agent.
Pros
nice compensation and benefits
Cons
toxic
Salary / Benefits
Company offers worklife balance and competitive salary. They trained their agents well making sure that they are ready when they reach the production floor. They also have monthly activity in the office that employees can enjoy and take part with.
March 29, 2020
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed working in United HealthGroup (OPTUM) as a claims specialist. I gained experience and I was treated as family. I receiving fair salary and medical benefits.
March 29, 2020
Salary / Benefits
I was one of the first batch when they opened an account and it was fun and I felt that my career will grow in this company. The total package offered to me is reasonable.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UnitedHealth Group?
Salary / Benefits
My team leaders at UHG ( optum global solution) are very supportive,professional and kind.
A work life balance and genuine company. A company you will love to work., great learnings. Yoy will have a great mentors that will guide you
Salary / Benefits
A nice company to work with. Thoug the job is hard because you need to speak with medical associates regading thier submitted claims, have to explain it properly the reason how claims being denied. But at the end. Still it is a good company
Salary / Benefits
The employees are competitive as they are encouraged by the management to develop themselves professionally. They uphold various programs and reasonable leave privileges for the employees to be relaxed at work.
Salary / Benefits
Workplace in UHG feels relaxed. Everyone is helping with each other’s success. They don’t forced an individual to exceed on their limit but they help instead. If I will be given a chance to work again, I would always choose UHG.
Salary / Benefits
In summary, wirking for UHG though not great but i would say was a good experience personally and professionally. The work life balance is jjst right
. Company culture is pisitive enoiugh
Salary / Benefits
I love UHG. My job, my colleagues and the overall environment at our department is the best! I don't feel stressed everytime I go to work. I always feel happy. :)
Salary / Benefits
Back then 2013 the culture in the company was amazing even the salary. Working in a in-house captive environment is definitely a wonderful experience.
Cons
I don't like making comments today
Salary / Benefits
Opposite of what they are claiming. They keep on bragging about being a FORTUNE 5 Company but they're nothing but a bad company when it comes to managing their employees.

**Mandatory OT's - they cut your 1 hour lunch break into half (making it 30 mins only) since everyone is resigning due to bad management.

**Mandatory OT's and consistent transferring from one account/program to another - cross training, they're saving money and wouldn't hire enough employees. Cost-cutting. Agents with multiple skills.

**Disputes - soo many of them, you'll lose count of them until you give up. Unpaid incentives - which they always promise but never implemented.

**They employ "latak", "bopis" or dregs from other companies which makes UnitedHealth Group no less than the company you hated the most - since the people you try to outcast is now with you, employed by the same company - UHC.

**They prioritize "camaraderie" rather than skills when promotion is available - soo unfair. They hire RTA's/WFM's who has a record of absenteeism. They hire CE's/QA's who has records of IR's or Issue Resolution. They promote employees as TL's which those employees are on a PIP/Performance Improvement Plan as long as that employee is good-looking - bj/bona on the side - lots of issues when it comes to conflict of interest, marital issues/third party, etc.

**TL's are accused of having intimate relationships with trainees. Gay managers dating agents for the sake of promotion and etc.

**Lugaw or champorado is given when rendering OT's...

Culture is soo bad. They keep on forcing to implement
 - more...
Pros
N/a
Cons
30 minutes and that's it.
Salary / Benefits
The company is worthy. They gave us a worthy salary base on our duty. But please give employees a break when calamities are strong like recently the taal volcanic eruption. It may harm your employee’s health
Salary / Benefits
you have to be flexible enough to adjust with the changes regarding the work standards that are set by the company but all in all, the environment is friendly
Salary / Benefits
The company as whole i think is good. But my LOB credit balance doesnt have a structure. The process a week ago changes every week and everything is manually done thus data are very inaccurate. The director is very disrespectful and does her power trip.
Pros
Good Benefits like HMO, life insurance
Cons
No structure at all.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.
5.2K