UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 263 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,594 reviews

productive

good company, benefits, off weekends, team building, holiday off, increase yearly and quarterly, have own station, sleeping lounge, security, fun workplace.

Pros

free coffee

great workplace to work

good job offer and competitive salary given including benefits, have a wonderful place and very excellent/talented bosses, very much team/outcome oriented

Pros

free lunch and give aways

Cons

work exact hours

Work - Life Balance

It's the best company that I've worked for so far as the colleagues are helpful and friendly. The benefits are also competitive and the best part is that employees are not overloaded.
Salary / Benefits

Clean and very clean environment

I am happy with UHG. Given a chance, I would like to work with UHG again. The people around you are helpful. The task is not stressful. The nature of work is very easy because they have the best trainer.
Salary / Benefits

A productive and fun workplace. I had an 8-hour shift but was able to finish woek in 5 hours. More relaxed ūüėä

UHG promotes work-life balance and provides a fun workplace. Work is easy to perform and you still have time to rest or chat with your friends. UHG cares for its employees.

Pros

Work-life balance.

Cons

Low salary.

Productive environment

Amazing work experience. It wasn't stressful and I did night shifts for over 3 years but I never felt that it was not fun nor tiresome. I have learned that American working culture gives a lot of support to teams and has an amazing management. Good pay. Relaxed environment. There's an opportunity grow.
Salary / Benefits

Management is a violator of policies and laws

Manager was power tripper Manipulates team stats Manipulates reports Manipulates people Gives disciplinary actions without due process Terminates people without due process Does not give consideration for not being able to go to work because of the floods Shuttle service is not enough
Salary / Benefits

great years of my working life

the environment is focus in one goal, for everyone to be successful. everyone is trying to help everyone to achieve each others' goals. the management encourages everyone to learn more and be more.
Salary / Benefits

Very nice company to work with

I like the quarterly bonus for employees. They have a very nice working environment and bosses are always there to help and support on your work journey. Opportunity to grow is evident.

Very well compensated

It is good to work here because you will be learning the basics of customer service and how to have a heart for the members, however management does not know how to profile their employees on what approach of learning they should use.

May 26, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Best of luck on your continued career. - Tori
Salary / Benefits

Productive and fun wprkplace.

It was fun and I learned about health insurance in US. The management is very accommodating. The hardest part would we are the pioneer batch so we started from scratch.

May 19, 2020
I'm glad you enjoyed your time at UnitedHealth Group. We wish you the best! - Tori

UHG is a good company

I was an Authorization Representative, we receive calls from healthcare providers calling to check if a service is covered based on the members insurance plan

May 17, 2020

Poor management

Poor management and the managers were promoted early. Operations work by people always calling out each other. Engagement is superficial. There is no true action item. All are band aid solutions.

April 25, 2020
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Since you are a current employee, I recommend having an open discussion with your manager on what is and isn't working. There are also employee resources internally that are available to you online and over the phone that I also recommend that you take advantage of. - Tori

Bad Work Culture

A good company to start up your career with US Healthcare, but bad management and work culture. Management doesnt think about the welfare of the employees.

April 13, 2020
I'm sorry to hear this was your experience. Overall I've had a great experience in growing my career at UnitedHealth Group. We wish you the best! -Kayla

Toxic Environment

We were the 1st and last wave that was cross trained for different task and role which is very toxic. Because we handle eligibility and intake claims and authorization. Manager is super pro management not pro agent.

Pros

nice compensation and benefits

Cons

toxic

fun in workplace

Company offers worklife balance and competitive salary. They trained their agents well making sure that they are ready when they reach the production floor. They also have monthly activity in the office that employees can enjoy and take part with.

March 29, 2020

Productive and Fun at work

I enjoyed working in United HealthGroup (OPTUM) as a claims specialist. I gained experience and I was treated as family. I receiving fair salary and medical benefits.

March 29, 2020

Fun workplace

I was one of the first batch when they opened an account and it was fun and I felt that my career will grow in this company. The total package offered to me is reasonable.
Salary / Benefits

A very good and work life balance company

My team leaders at UHG ( optum global solution) are very supportive,professional and kind. A work life balance and genuine company. A company you will love to work., great learnings. Yoy will have a great mentors that will guide you

A typical day to work

A nice company to work with. Thoug the job is hard because you need to speak with medical associates regading thier submitted claims, have to explain it properly the reason how claims being denied. But at the end. Still it is a good company
Salary / Benefits

I would recommend my colleagues to join the company

The employees are competitive as they are encouraged by the management to develop themselves professionally. They uphold various programs and reasonable leave privileges for the employees to be relaxed at work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.4K