United Nations Development Programme

United Nations Development Programme Employee Reviews

Philippines15 reviews
Salary / Benefits
- Quality Assurance Assessment on Department of Interior and Local Government project especially implemented by the Local Chief Executive is challenging. - To capacitate the LGU is the hardest part. - I enjoyed most because of travelling opportunity.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Time bounded
Salary / Benefits
They have a good work ethics. They help you improve your skills not just in your specific field but as a professional worker. I would love to work again in this company if given an opportunity for Civil Engineer.
Salary / Benefits
It is good to work there because it can help you to build your confidence and cooperation. But it's hard for me because sometimes your respondent didn't allowed you to interview.
Salary / Benefits
Colleagues are friendly and willing to help one another. There are online seminars provided by the company and members always contribute different ways and techniques to improve the monitoring and evaluation of the projects.
Pros
The salary and other benefits are excellent.
Cons
No overtime fee, bonus and additional fees during holidays (if you work on that particular day)
Salary / Benefits
Working at UNITED is very good, they give and provide good working environment, the employees are good and amiable, they treat well their employees and they also give good salary credits.
Salary / Benefits
During my internship, I was tasked to: - Manage digital calendars - Conducted researches and gathere data for content - Create presentations, print ads, graphics and videos - Support logistics
Salary / Benefits
- Typical work with timelines and schedules. - I've learned how to deal with different kinds of people. - The Management is great, provides assistance to regional teams when needed. - Workplace in regional areas were so good and fun. - All parts of the job is hard but there is a cooperation within the team that makes the job easy. - The most enjoyable part is when the job is done.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of Stability of Tenure for Staff, Project Based.
Salary / Benefits
Working with UNDP is very uplifting because you work with the grassroots, personally it makes me grounded...professionally it made me more knowledgeable in terms of my field as a water supply engineer...you work with people from all walks of life ..and made me understand people empowerment..project management with different stakeholders.It enchance my capabiltiy to resolve field issues concerning project implementation at the community level. Project implementation with different stakeholders is very complicated especially if you are dealing with politicians as they always want to implement the project with their own political interests but it is also very challenging because you have to use your communication skills to let them know the right way to implement projects which in accordance with the governing laws and limitations. UNDP management is very pro employee, they always see to it that their employees are safe and well compensated. The hardest part of my jod in UNDP is when you are trying to implement the project with a lot of restrictions like procurement which sometime can hinder the progress of the project implementation. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you were able to complete the project implementation in accordance to approved timelines even if there are problems but have some lessons learned.
Pros
free snacks/lunch
Cons
short breaks
Salary / Benefits
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a development organization that involves programmes on environment, energy, peace, resilience, democratic governance and poverty. It supports the government in implementing the sustainable development goals which aims to provide gender equality, eradicate poverty, education, health, women empowerment and good governance.
Pros
good exposure to development work
Salary / Benefits
I had to contact the staff what the typical day to do is and delegate. Then, start my own work like contacting people, research, visits clients, attend meetings, make reports.
Pros
free lunches
Salary / Benefits
The company has a dynamic and a diverse culture. United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is an international organization having different programs that helps betterment of life.
Salary / Benefits
An international financial organization that funds grant and loans to the local government offices. Gives better benefits to the employees by giving work life balance.
Pros
with allowance
Salary / Benefits
With opportunities for training abroad and an equal chance to apply new learnings. Travel opportunities for both local and international is also fun.
Pros
with compensatory hours
Cons
travel on weekends
Salary / Benefits
the company last attend was very good to me . because the company has place for leisure activities if has day off for the employee. and the management was good.
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed most of the job implementation from the coordination with the different Humanitarian Organizations, Provincial, City and Barangay local government units, I learned to make activity designs for project implementation. I learned to adjust to the different cultures of my colleagues both foreign and local, The hardest part of the job was to exactly know how much funding is available for the project implementation and the procurement process which takes a long time for the processing.
Pros
The daily subsidy allowance when we travel and have overnight missions
Cons
The procurement process which takes a long period to be actuaize.