Unisys

Clear
3.4Salary & Benefits

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,450 reviews

productive and secure workplace

Good place to work, excellent salary, kind trainers, a lot to learn about new information technology programs, good training and developing opportunities
Salary / Benefits

Everything about this place is horrible

They make it seem like they are a nice tight knit family with good benefits and they are nothing close once you get in the door. They pay poorly than any IT job in the area, the managers are gossipers and depressed people. Everyone complains. There is no direction, leading to much confusion. I hate this place, I wish I never came here. Within my first day the manager and another member were talking bad about new people.

it's OK

some managers are great, others not so much. this was my first call center job, wasn't too bad but it was incredibly stressful. I tried multiple different shift while I attended school, couldn't really find a good fit.

Pros

not bad benefits wise, still it's a call center so lots of stress and anxiety.

Cons

stress/anxiety

Not Recommended

I was brought in after the company I was working for transitioned IT functions to unisys. We were offered jobs and it has literally been the worst experience since the transition. Everything we were told about salary, shifts and scope of work were complete lies. Not only that but all of our communications with users are delayed if we ever get the email at all.

Salary / Benefits

Disconnected from the main office

I worked for Unisys for over a year and signed up for medical insurance on my first day. Unisys took money out of every one of my pay checks for medical insurance. When I got sick after I worked at Unisys for about 10 months I tried to use my medical insurance only to find out Unisys never signed me up. Even after Unisys stole money from each of my paychecks they never paid for me to have insurance and refused to refund the money they stole.

Pros

easy job

Cons

no room to grow, not honest company

Not more competitive unfortunately

The salary is very low. They put you on other accounts quite often, but no pay rise for 4 years. call and chat on same time.(multi tasking is just a fairy tale) they want to save money but going to loose associates. Not the best management..

Pros

Date of the salaries payment

Cons

Very short breaks and salary
Salary / Benefits

Easy to get things done in your own time

You're able to get your day done at your own pace. You pick up parts in the morning and drive around repairing machines that those parts go to. It's a bit stressful at times trying to keep your schedule on track but customers are mostly happy when they see you.

Pros

No boss over your shoulder.

Cons

No real benefits.

Very Good Company to Start IT Experience

No complaints, be positive, network with the right people and promotion will come quickly. Benefits are really good, paid time off is included. Pay is above average according to Augusta GA statistics. Great incentive and bonus system for performance. Company provides excellent training.

Pros

Very organized, great training, sometimes pays for certifications, very good break room! Free coffee!

Cons

Schedules - Frequent changes to shifts, depending on what department you work with.

Fast paced, interesting, stressful

The job is not bad. You pick up parts from a FedEx in the morning, schedule your day with customers and then drive from location to location fixing machines. It can be VERY stressful setting up your schedules as some customers are unwilling to work with anything short of perfect for them. Sometimes traffic stops you from being on time. Luckily most (90%+) customers are just happy to see you and happy you're fixing their machine.

Pros

Pay is decent.

Cons

No payed holidays. No sick pay unless laws force them like in Seattle.
Salary / Benefits

Good for a first stepping stone into IT, or to begin a career in middle-management. No technical roles beyond level 2 service desk agent. The only true career advancement beyond level 2 is managerial - if this doesn't interest you, do as I did and use this as a springboard to move to a better company. Salary is one of the lowest in Budapest for service desk roles. Often the workload for the agents is far too high.
Salary / Benefits

Work Life at Unisys is amazing!

Working at Unisys is amazing. Nice work life balance. Good benefits and salary. Amazing infrastructure and management and growth opportunities. A great workplace all together.

Pros

Growth Opportunity

Cons

Long working hours

Wants quantity not quality

This place sucks for someone who likes to really do quality customer service. They except u off the phone in 10 mins no matter what call it in. Their in it for the quantity not the caring quality believe me.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

They fire u for being on the phone to long, not a dependable lasting job.

Great Company to Work For

Management is wonderful here and they are very flexible with scheduling. I learned a great deal of technical work. The culture here is very relaxed and stress free. The hardest part of the job is servicing offshore parties. The most enjoyable part is that it is challenging. Everyday can be something different. The only negative is the health benefits are not good.

Pros

Cons

Healthcare
Salary / Benefits

Place full of opportunities for new graduates

Regarding entry level positions Unisys is open to hire and train people with all sort of professional backgrounds, new hires work experience do not necessarily must be related to the technology field or related industries. This is a big advantage for new graduates who have not found their places on their field of studies but are eager to learn and avid for opportunities and have language skills. The salary and professional growth opportunities increase as experience is gained and there are different areas of development which are suitable for people with interest to develop their technical knowledge and skills, people management experience and project management.

Job summery

Job was good. Relaxing. But 10 hours shift. Which is too long. And number of annual leave is very low. Which is not sufficient for out station employee.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours, less leave balance
Salary / Benefits

Pretty great to start your career

I started working here with only finishing High School. Salary is great, although it seems impossible to step forward. Raise is something that you should absolutely forget and also seems like understaffing is a constant problem. I have to say, the HR is doing an incredible job, my colleagues are great and I like to go to work because of them. Management doesn't really listen to yor opinions.

Pros

Free coffee, Xbox, Massage Chair, Decent salary, Great co-workers and office

Cons

Management not interested in your opinion, Hard to advance

The corporation

The experience with the Unisys Corporation itself was disorganized and cold. The experience with co workers and clients we supported was great. I rarely needed to interact with the overall company itself. The management was for the most part non existent, or transparent to us except for a few very capable individuals. The less of higher management having to managed, the better things went. I cannot rate the company as a whole, as my experience is more closely tied to 3rd party clients we supported which were overall very positive. Unisys benefits and policies have been changing for the worse, and little to no pay increases ever materialize.

Pros

The company stays in the background when you are supporting one of they're client companies

Cons

few to no pay increases, Disorganized, Poor management and employee representation.
Salary / Benefits

good place to work. fun people to work with. high stress environment

the people I worked with were always fun and pleasant to work with. the management was always fair and courteous. working with the clients on their various issues were never to difficult but can be frustrating due to the call handle time policy Unisys enforced to assure prompt and profitable business.

Pros

good training, patient managment, decent pay/benefits.

Cons

high stress, poor employee performance measurments.

Good Technical Support Company

Unisys is your average company. Not really good benefits provided by the company either. Apply at your own risk.

Boot camp for IT support

Many applications to learn in a very short period. great learning experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unisys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Salary / Benefits