UPS

UPS Employee Reviews for Package Handler

Package Handler14,198 reviews

Found 14,198 reviews matching the searchSee all 52,600 reviews

Productive workplace with loud machinery

A typical day at work was to load the UPS trucks with boxes from the slide and irregulars belt. What I learned was how hard you have to work on a day to day basis with a labor job. My co-workers were great very enjoyable people to be around. The hardest part of the job is lifting the furniture, boxed basketball hoops, televisions, etc..

Pros

Allowed to bring food and drinks to your work area

Cons

Not allowed to sit down for the whole work day start to finish, which some days lasted 14 hours

terrible communication

There was no communication and I was never properly trained. I did not know if I was working until the day before and I previously had some important things planned and was unable to make it to work

Hard work but not bad once you get to know what your doing

Union is good once you get on you can’t get fired always working a skeleton crew but good manual labor mindless labor great people to work with I would recommend it for a second job

Great workout and great benefits.

Ups is Very supportive for people with epilepsy and other medical conditions. Benefits are awesome, BUT Pay can be higher for the package handlers for how hard this work is sometimes. Also some supervisors should be more trained on how to handle situations with people who have medical conditions. Sometimes they forget someone has a health problem and they have no care for it and push you nearly to death, that’s mainly the young supervisors. NOT ALL SUPERVISORS, but some really need more training on health problems and other things in general.

Pros

Great workout and benefits.

Cons

Short breaks and pay can be higher for the hard work.

Productive and fun

Fun place to work at, has a good team everyone is friendly, supervisors are cool, sometimes you can leave early if all the the volume is done and loaded

Fast paced work constant scrutiny

It is a fast paced work and physical demanding environment. Have to work to get hours and sometimes get paid too. Management is on your back at all times.

Good pay, relax environment.

At the current rate of $22.25 good pay. I can only speak for the night shift with generally starts is 11 PM-3AM, management and coworkers are friendly. Of course it’s hard work but if you do your best , be safe and try to improve they’re not gonna hassle you.

werhouse exp

its a intertsing job to work for they teach you basic jobs exp. then you go to chemical facility to training for diffrent chemical that come up on the laod truck. they teach you hows to pick up boxs the right way load the them to the trucks.

Pros

free donuts chips

very hard work

it was very hard work ,and managers where sometimes under a lot of stress . Lots of turn over and during the holiday it was not unusual to not get a break

needs better organization

gets real busy during peak season. opportunities to pick up extra shifts for some extra bucks. Great benefits decent part time shift add on to a regular full time job

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UPS?

Deceiving employer

No protections or rights for employees not in the union. Very sparatic work. This is a place in line for a job someday, not for people that need money to live.

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

Management is bad

Good company

Management push numbers and have no problem replacing workers that don't perform. The work is very repetitive which can be good or bad depending on your personality.

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexible hours, Great benefits, and the Union keeps pay fair What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Physical labor, Working in the elementsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The culture is like a typical warehouse job, however the union ensures that management don't overreach or treat employees badlyWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Go to work, lift heavy boxes for 4-5 hours (More during peak season), then go home

It's a workplace that kills your soul.

They push and lie to employees. Rewarding employees with more work for doing a good job. Not stable hours, one day 6 hours, next day 3 hours. Unstable start time.

Pros

Benefits is good if you last a year

Cons

Unpredictable hours

Excellent Benefits

Ups is an excellent company to work for. Unfortunately, Homestead Florida management treats employees bad at times and there is little room for advancement. Will favor employees based off their personal relationships with them rather than how well they do the job. I highly recommend working for the company, but not at that location.

Pros

Frequent raises, excellent benefits

Cons

Bad management, little to no advancement, favoritism

I Love it and Simple

I love Ups it is fun, I enjoy the hard work, the commitment it brings, and appreciation they show to their workers I have, had great compliments on my work from my supervisors, the drivers are a great team, and including my coworkers they have always been the best and I can't thank them enough.

Pros

Appreciation, Valued, gratitude, and Commitment

Cons

Hardwork, tough, can be difficult, and overwhelming sometimes

Hard physical work, M-F, Not worth the pay...

The pay was Ok, but for what you are doing its not worth it, You're going to be going home everyday really sore and sweaty, Its a really physically demanding job, You get 1 10 minute break halfway through your shift. Some of the supervisors are nice and help you out when needed. You can meet pretty cool people while working there. They have you running around alot to different belts and it can be a bit overwhelming. Its a warehouse so it gets really hot during the summers, Winters get cold but it helps cooling you off. Lots of moving parts throughout the facility and its easy to get lost when you first start. I would not recommend working here too long, Its fine for like a quick summer job or to get by, but after a month you start to kind of hate it.

Easy job most of the time, sometimes is challenging...

Fast-paced job, but easy in general. Good benefits and working schedule, but challenging during extreme temperatures. Most supervisors are good to deal with.

good pay

good pay with multiple breaks and good people free food some fridays from supervisor work wasn’t very challenging just a lot at one time will be over loaded

Package Handler

Worked at ups. Loaded and unloaded trucks. Handled big and small packages. All shapes and sizes. Real life Tetris. Could be a lot of fun some days. Others not so much.

Okay for a temporary job

The job itself is okay, very physically demanding but simple. They will say you’ll get 20 hours per week but it is more like 10-15. Management is helpful for the most part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • UPS
  • Package Handler
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?