UPS

UPS Employee Reviews for Drivers Helper

Drivers Helper2,870 reviews

Found 2,870 reviews matching the searchSee all 52,553 reviews

seasonal work was ok

this was a seasonal job and i would work for them again and could work there fulltime

Productive and growth opportunity

Busy work schedule. Opportunity to move up was a plus. Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles. Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions. Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering goods. Obtain signatures and payments, or arrange for recipients to make payments.

Seasonal hire (driver originally ended up as a helper)

The hiring process is very logistical/ automated. That being said If you don't hear back give them a call cause chances are someone messed up. I was given the PVD application while I was applying to be a driver helper so this caused some slow downs. But after calling them they were able to resolve the issue (I was waiting a week cause of a clarical error) That being said management are great people. Wool socks are a must. Unfortunately the lay off process was with little to no warning so if you're a seasonal just work like everyday is your last (after new years).

Pros

Pay, co workers, fufilling work

Cons

people who order furniture and generators

What is the best part of working at the company?Great people to work with, friendly peopleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Late night hours. Worth it thoughWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good and friendly people. Everyone willing to help if a person is having a problem What is a typical day like for you at the company?It was helping out the drivers delivering packages morning and evening

Great team and rewarding

I worked with many different drivers and routes. All the drivers were easy to work with. The typical hours were from 4 to 8 hours a day the work is pretty physical. During the peak season, you could deliver up to 400 packages a day, but it seemed to go fast The management was easy to work with.

Very Fun, simple, easy

My driver was amazing, the job is so easy and simple. Ride in the truck, take the package to the house or business. Simple as that. Super Fun and easy

Hard Work but Rewarding

A tough job, but the company mostly treats you well and provides significant pay even if you're part-time or a contractor. Would recommend for most anyone.

Fun

It’s a fun easy job making good money. It is not for everyone. Be ready to move 6+ hours a day. Overall, if you can move quickly, take direction well, and don’t mind hard work, take the seasonal position.

Mind over matter

Job is what you make it mentally challenging physically challenging but very doable good coworkers just don’t adopt their work habits build ur own Will be back for seasonal work decent pay pretty easy to get hours

Love it

Fun job when you are looking for a seasonal job. Pretty easy too. You just get the delivered it to the door and walk back to the truck. I enjoyed my job at UPS a lot.

Quick Hiring Process, Little Available Work

Deliveries have slowed down in recent years during the Christmas season for UPS so they cut our funding for the Driver Helper program.It's simple supply and demand, nothing personal or bad reflecting on the company itself, just the sad reality of the situation.As a result, I could not stay available for a job that only gave me about 5 hours a day of work and not work 5 times a week.

It was fun to go around delivering packages to people houses.

Typical day was get in the truck and get handed a package and bring it to the house or building. The management was very helpful for when I was confused on something. The workplace culture was good.

Great place to work.

Awesome place to work. Love it here with great pay and benefits . Awesome hours and benefits plus union help . Easy money and alot to be made in overtime

Productive and fast-paced business.

Very good company to work for. Enjoy working for them. Good people to work with. Drivers are easy to work with no matter how busy or which route I was assigned to.

easy job

Easy job just short hours. It was a seasonal job but great pay. the only issue was the hours. The hours varied depending on the help they needed. Friendly environment experience with the different drivers I was assigned to.

Mixed pace

As a helper your not really overwhelmed by packages your driver will make it easier for you but most don’t if you like pushing heavy objects this is the place but majority are lightweight.

Easy

The job is pretty easy work you just have to deliver boxes and some do get heavy but that’s just about it. Only thing is you don’t get a lot of hours

Fun seasonal job

Great workout everyday plus you get to meet new people all the time. Fast paced job but very fulfilling. Nice to get to know the entire area you work in for a two months or so.

Driver Helper - Seasonal

I worked as a Driver Helper during the lead up to the Christmas holidays or what they call "peak." I was paired up with a driver and helped them deliver and pick up residential and commercial packages. No driving required. Job posting said it would be 3-5 hours per day. but I worked 7-8 hours per day, which was no problem for me. It depends on the workload, which can vary from day to day.It was a fun job, fast paced, always moving, and you're on your feet most of the day. Working outside, in all kinds of weather! Packages need to get delivered! It's not a job for everyone though!Getting paired up with a good driver, makes all the difference, but it's the luck of the draw. I got lucky!Sadly, it only lasts for a few weeks (November-December), but it gives you a good idea of what being a courier is all about.

Pros

Fast paced, good workout, working outside.

Cons

Short term contract: 4 to 6 weeks

Superb consolation of assisting customers to receive effective conveyed packages in a timely manner as guaranteed.

Seasonal work with UPS is ebullience. A truckload of packages seems exhausting! However, after procuring effectuate; it develops and promotes daily physical fitness.

Pros

Long term relationships with experienced colleagues.

Cons

That it's temporary every year.

What is the best part of working at the company?Friendly staff , however they give minimal hours very unorganized.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not enough hours only worked two shifts in two monthsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great work environment coworkers are greatWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Delivery of packages drivers are helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits