UPS

UPS Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Delivery Driver2,943 reviews

Found 2,943 reviews matching the searchSee all 52,553 reviews

Good : management, co-workersBad : it's so hard to meet their expectation

Good : management, co-workersBad : it's so hard to meet their expectationI was a delivery driver here for 3 months.But I got an incident during my work, so I had to resign for this things happened during my probation period.

They are union. Nobody says the truth about what's in store for you

Trained me very well. Equipment did the job legally. You could get any thing repaired In house. Hours are long. Work in all weather. If job gets done they love you. If not you get harder routes. I drove A bulk van. If I finished early. They made me unload it and go back put. No reward for finishing early. Just work late. They do not support veterans at all. This amazed me. Overall it is great job for someone out of high school.

Pros

working with a team

Cons

No reward for hard work

Fun workplaces

It was a great experience working with ups. Everyone was cool and the work place is clean, environment was also friendly and whole team helps each other.

Most unprofessional company I’ve ever worked for

They lie about everything, this is the most unprofessional company I’ve ever worked for. They use you until they no longer need and then throw you away when they no longer need you. Please stay away from anything to do with UPS. This company needs to be exposed for the evil and deceitful things they’re doing to people. They will literally tell you anything to keep you around simply for there own benefit. The money isn’t worth all of the driving and labor you provide daily.

Pros

Cons

Unfair pay, disrespectful staff, unprofessional business

What is the best part of working at the company?Working in a different environment What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I like working there and kept me going What is the work environment and culture like at the company?They are very nice and they never discriminateWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Go to work do my job and go home

Awesome

Fun and exciting enjoyed everything and every minute Good pay and great benefits. Opportunity for lots of overtime if you want it. Work life balance could be better if you have a family. Sometimes you have to work long days, but pay is good.

Great temporary job

If you don't mind being busy for a few hours each day, it's a great temporary job. They expect you to deliver all of the packages assigned to you but it's not an unreasonable number. They'll even adjust the amount of packages to something more suitable for you.

What is the best part of working at the company?Awesome , great hours, great pay!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dogs, finding addresses . Having to deal with traffic.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Busy,Steady,Professional, Clean. And would work there again.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Go in by 10. Get paperwork. Load my section. Then start.

Ups seasonal

This was an amazing seasonal job I loved it so much! Ups was fun to work for I’m going to do it again if I can! Work balance was awesome. So simple it was a goal everyday to get route completed

Fast paced busy work strict timeframe, great pay

Very active position in all weather. Pays very well no weekend ( unless busy season) but long hours 830am till dark most days. First 30 days you need to get your route done in under so many hours whixh is next to impossible without speeding. Which if caught speeding or get into ANY accident ( even if 100% not your fault) then your fired. Not for everyone. Senior drivers have it way easier with easy routes while new guys are always stuck with worst routes after training. Also if you get done early thinking you can finally make it home for dinner your wrong as you be helping others with their routes so better off just being safe as you can and get it done right. Absolutely organize your truck on lunch break and go in early to orangize it cause while they load it up for you they do a horrible job and you be lucky to find your packages quickly. good luck!

Jobs at UPS

Delivery Driver positions
See more jobs

Good pay

As a doordash driver, this is the dream scenario. Great hourly pay with mileage pay. Lots of stops but over a small area. No more driving 10 miles for 10 bucks and hoping for a good tip. Wish it was year round.

Busy, until it’s not

As a seasonal temp, it’s busy until it’s not and then you don’t work. If it would have panned out like it was explained to me, everything would have been fine. As it was, I forked out $1500 for a used topper and only made $3700 during the time I worked there, 1/3 - 1/2 what I was told I could expect. Two weeks were just over 40, the rest were 24-30 hours for the whole week, M-Sat. I was expecting 60 hours a week minimum and possibly 70. Hardly worth the hassle of everything you go through and the attitude some give you for taking their work. Once you had your packages to deliver, it was a great job. It was the before and after that were at times, hard to deal with. I was the only topper covered truck to I could haul more than anyone else. They said they loved that I had so much room and ten only gave me the same as a small car. I could have taken 4-5 times that per round. I only got that one time. I took my entire days worth of deliveries where most everyone else had to go back to get more 3-4 times. Wasn’t what I expected all the way around. Wouldn’t do it again.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Not enough hours to make it worth while

Good

Good place for make money, you can work as much as 60hours per week , after 8 hours day is extra . But if you look for life balance isn’t the right place

Indepedent

Ok place to work. Very busy and your personal time is limited. Very difficult to get time off. Overall good company and delivery driver position is good. Independent on your own all day.

What is the best part of working at the company?UPS consistently got my paycheck wrong. Week after week it was the same thing. In fact, during a 3 month span. I was shorted over $600. I kept records of my time which help me recover most of the money. I sincerely would not recommend UPS as a career.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Refer to question #1. Being consistently shorted on your paycheck is extremely stressful.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Fast paced and everyone is monitored through the scanners GPSWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I resigned. I could not trust them to ever get my paycheck correct.

You work on good environment just your skills that you have and you used it to help customer and get the job done

Working with UPS was a great experience for me for the first time I am doing my job like UPS it was very challenging but also very educating because I learned a lot about postal code and expanded my customer service more better and it was good for me to see when I go beyond helping customers make me feeling good at the end of the day the only thing that I can say I would like if when your contact was done if they could have given me the chance to be a part of the organization

Pros

I don’t get any

Cons

I could have get some more

Okay first job -- be ready to really move

While I only worked a seasonal position, the drivers I worked with were longer hires. Some really liked the job, and others seemed to just be getting day to day. A typical day as a driver helper was as follows: Meet my driver at a spot that worked for them, assist in delivering packages, and then dropped off where asked. (I always asked to be dropped off at the warehouse).Every driver I was with would hand me packages and tell me where to deliver them. It was straightforward with little human interaction. Non-residential areas usually had a worker who would at least greet us. The seat in the trucks I sat in was NOT comfortable and you should absolutely dress in layers. Most of the time my driver would stop for lunch.There seemed to always be trouble with management, however, and, as this was my first job that was incredibly frustrating. Their system for telling me where I was going/who I would be with was messed up (costing me time on the clock when I went towns over from my normal meetup location because I was prompted to). Overall, it is an extremely physically demanding job. I was incredibly sore the first 3 to 4 days working, and started to dread getting up. Expect little time off as you are working every day sans major federal holidays and or Sunday.

Pros

Lunch break, good pay, weekly pay

Cons

Manegnment left much to be desired

Pay was really good. If you want extra hour they will have some available

Seasonal helper. Worked for 3 months. Enjoyed being on my own and delivering packages . I had a supervisor name max that made the job feel comfortable.

Pros

Pay and being on your own.

Cons

Be expected to get get laid off after the season

Hard work but at least you know you're getting paid for it.

Expect to walk a lot in all sorts of varying weather. Windy? Walking. Snowing? Be careful, but stay walking. Hot? Stay hydrated, keep walking. Fairly easy work for the pay I was receiving but you will feel sore if you're out of shape.

What is the best part of working at the company?Working seasonal with UPS helped me gain confidence in abilities I never knew I had. They are nice and respectful. Helped me get back into shape too. I’d go back if they would have me. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The only stressful thing is doing a delivery with similar address literally on the same corner block. So you need to look very good or you could make a delivery to the wrong address. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It’s awesome. Although since I’m in Florida. On hot days. You need to drink lots of water. What is a typical day like for you at the company?It’s great. Get to your site. Clock in. Get your list. Load your packages. And roll out. Delivery everything. Return what you couldn’t. Repeat the next day

Good Pay and Great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits