UPS

UPS Employee Reviews

Showing all 52,553 reviews

Fun place to work

The hardest part of my job was to maintain consistency with employees to report for work. Which is uncontrollable. The fun part is you get to meet a lot of good and right-minded people.

Pros

Brownies and beautiful ladies (kidding and serious).

Cons

Band-aid resolution

Chill place to work

You can listen to music whilst you work and you’re often able to work independently. They are not too strict on breaks either. You also often finish the shift early.

Pros

Finish early, listen to music

Cons

Short hours, far walk from station

Flexible

The job was flexible but there was little work hours. I had most good days depending on who I was helping. Some drivers make the helper do all the work.

Good work, unusual hours

Albeit during peak season, but from what I heard from the regulars is they are short-staffed and juggling too much work during non-peak months, then during peak months there's too many people, which makes less hours.My experience was fair enough. The management was reasonable, the work was usually fast-paced. I heard the non-seasonals say their checks were short numerous times, but I never had that experience.

Good pay

As a doordash driver, this is the dream scenario. Great hourly pay with mileage pay. Lots of stops but over a small area. No more driving 10 miles for 10 bucks and hoping for a good tip. Wish it was year round.

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing. Don't work here......What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Very disorganized. It's common to miss hours on your paycheck and management will do everything they can to ignore the issue.

Busy, until it’s not

As a seasonal temp, it’s busy until it’s not and then you don’t work. If it would have panned out like it was explained to me, everything would have been fine. As it was, I forked out $1500 for a used topper and only made $3700 during the time I worked there, 1/3 - 1/2 what I was told I could expect. Two weeks were just over 40, the rest were 24-30 hours for the whole week, M-Sat. I was expecting 60 hours a week minimum and possibly 70. Hardly worth the hassle of everything you go through and the attitude some give you for taking their work. Once you had your packages to deliver, it was a great job. It was the before and after that were at times, hard to deal with. I was the only topper covered truck to I could haul more than anyone else. They said they loved that I had so much room and ten only gave me the same as a small car. I could have taken 4-5 times that per round. I only got that one time. I took my entire days worth of deliveries where most everyone else had to go back to get more 3-4 times. Wasn’t what I expected all the way around. Wouldn’t do it again.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Not enough hours to make it worth while

What is the best part of working at the company?Unlimited access of coffee which keeps me awake at work.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Manager sleeping/hookup with other manager, so to make a complaint to one manager about another manager chances are you might get fired.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I like the diversity at the company.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Very easy going maybe it’s because I am on light packing.

Great team and rewarding

I worked with many different drivers and routes. All the drivers were easy to work with. The typical hours were from 4 to 8 hours a day the work is pretty physical. During the peak season, you could deliver up to 400 packages a day, but it seemed to go fast The management was easy to work with.

supervisor is kind.

My English level is bigining.When I first entered, I was full of anxiety.I don't know if I can understand them.So I tried to check the information they gave.Their trainers patiently taught me the staff rules the epeatedly.The supervisor is so nice.The only downside is that it can be boring or even unfulfilling once the manpower is oversupplied.Employees are expected to return home early if necessary.

War okey

Die Arbeit war in ordnung Zeiten könnten besser angepasst werden Ist allerdings reiner Knochenjob, schweres heben und tragen Bezahlung war aber top

Good benefits

Work environment was fun and stressful. The managers are not properly trained and everyone kind of just learns their job by mistakes. Supervisors slack at making correct time cards.

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Incorrect times paid

Fun

Fun place to work great pay easy interview. Sometimes working on the holidays can be hard. Also it’s only part time work. And also the hours is only 4.5 and you can’t work over

Ok place to work

Alright place to work good benefits bad management can always get over time and they are very flexible with hours management is bad and don’t know how to run the building and are always doing what they are not supposed to be doing

What is the best part of working at the company?Wasn't really one What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everything

ok

good pay and benefits. management was lacking if you needed help. had to help others if they could not fullfill their job duties so it paid to work slower

good pay

good pay, great work environment. everyone in the facility respect you. it was a great experience working for united postal services. holiday hours are crazy busy

Good for insurance!!!!

You’ll have to bust your butt. Once you’re in they have a pretty good union and good benefits especially for part time. Tough hrs but worth it for the benefits.

Empleo con objetivos claros

Es una buena empres que tiene objetivos claros, pero que en ocasiones puede exigir de mas

Pros

Bonos, seguro de vida, buen salario

What is the best part of working at the company?The people you work with are great.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?When they put you in trailers that are overflowing by yourselfWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The managers understand and they try to get you the help and support you needWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Loading boxes and cleaning up after everyone that was slow

What is the best part of working at the company?Being a UPser and pride in what that stands for day in a day out. From supporting Covid at never seen before levels - to make make diversity and inclusion more than just a talking point and backing it with policy changes to being better not necessarily bigger and treating your customers professionally, kindly and respectfully at every delivery, pickup or phone call. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Onboarding remotely during Covid What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The depth of supply chain knowledge across the organization is incredible and part of the reason for that is the long tenure of most associates and the commitment from the exec team to keep ups at the front of the pack on technology, automation& associate development - there is not a day you aren’t learning something new so you can be more effective at your role. It is fast paced and challenging but you are always gaining new skills. What is a typical day like for you at the company?As a manager on a transformation team. I can honestly say every day was different. My boss set the tone that excellence was the standard and the team was there to support and facilitate that goal which also created a great team environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • UPS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?