UPS

UPS Employee Reviews

Showing all 52,553 reviews

Fun place to work

The hardest part of my job was to maintain consistency with employees to report for work. Which is uncontrollable. The fun part is you get to meet a lot of good and right-minded people.

Pros

Brownies and beautiful ladies (kidding and serious).

Cons

Band-aid resolution

Love working here

I get a work out and I get paid while doing so! Everyday is usually the same but also at the same time a little different everyday. You typically do the same routine everyday. I love just putting my headphones in and just workin.

Pros

great benefits, friendly coworkers

Cons

short breaks

Always Busy

Good be a better place if they didn't micromanage the numbers like they do. Also conference calls are the worse. They don't know how to talk to people.

My opportunities

It’s a lot of work and you have to be mentally strong to push through the pay is great and they promote from within great benefits they are trying to create work life balance

Face paced lost weight productive/active !

It’s was very fast paced but it kept me active a the young person that I am lost a lot of weight was always sweating lol but I was a decent job at least for me.

Seasonal hire (driver originally ended up as a helper)

The hiring process is very logistical/ automated. That being said If you don't hear back give them a call cause chances are someone messed up. I was given the PVD application while I was applying to be a driver helper so this caused some slow downs. But after calling them they were able to resolve the issue (I was waiting a week cause of a clarical error) That being said management are great people. Wool socks are a must. Unfortunately the lay off process was with little to no warning so if you're a seasonal just work like everyday is your last (after new years).

Pros

Pay, co workers, fufilling work

Cons

people who order furniture and generators

Hard work but very fair

Great company for people that desperately need a job. They pay well.although it's just a part-time job. Great people, if you work hard they will immediately notice it (same if you are lazy).

What is the best part of working at the company?Awesome , great hours, great pay!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dogs, finding addresses . Having to deal with traffic.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Busy,Steady,Professional, Clean. And would work there again.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Go in by 10. Get paperwork. Load my section. Then start.

It's a job

Steady work. Decent pay. Great opportunity under the right management team. Longevity. Benefits paid time off. Stock purchase plan. Easy to apply for jobs within company

Great company

Great benefits opportunity to grow nice people and not to strict just overall great company and the day goes by fast love this job so much and a great workout don’t even need a gym

Partners and Supervisor are a greats persons

In my experience, all the supervisors, drivers and partners was absolutely nice. They care of you, they teach to you and they helps to you every time. Thank you UPS. I recommend 100%

Cool place.

Great pay and hours. The bosses where friendly and helpful. I had a wonderful time working for them. I just wish the season would’ve lasted longer. They paid for mileage also. The only thing I can complain about were the dirty phones, they were covered in old food and melted tootsie roll candies.

Good co-workers make the job worthwhile

Pay is good and you can earn even better money when growing in the company, some days are headaches but thats every job, having good co workers is life changing for a job like this one.

Ups seasonal

This was an amazing seasonal job I loved it so much! Ups was fun to work for I’m going to do it again if I can! Work balance was awesome. So simple it was a goal everyday to get route completed

Worked here seasonally and it was a good experience. Very fast paced. The great thing of about it is getting to serve the community while maintaining the integrity that UPS brings.

Worst job I’ve ever had

This is the worst job I’ve ever had honestly. The work never stops and they expect you to organize multiple trucks while they have the packages flying down the belt & expect you not to throw a single item.

Don’t go into management

You’re more than likely better off not going into management unless you’re full time already. It’s easy to get sucked into a pt sup job and get stuck.

Great pay, Physically demanding, enjoy the outdoors

Communication could be improved by leadership and and a lack of work-life balanced.However, UPS pays really well, moves FT delivery drivers up in pay regularly.

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits

Cons

Unbalanced work-life

What is the best part of working at the company?Great people to work with, friendly peopleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Late night hours. Worth it thoughWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good and friendly people. Everyone willing to help if a person is having a problem What is a typical day like for you at the company?It was helping out the drivers delivering packages morning and evening

Fast=paced!!

Great seasonal, part-time job with decent pay at a world class company. Chance to get another job after their peak season if you do well, so this a good career-progression company.

Fast paced busy work strict timeframe, great pay

Very active position in all weather. Pays very well no weekend ( unless busy season) but long hours 830am till dark most days. First 30 days you need to get your route done in under so many hours whixh is next to impossible without speeding. Which if caught speeding or get into ANY accident ( even if 100% not your fault) then your fired. Not for everyone. Senior drivers have it way easier with easy routes while new guys are always stuck with worst routes after training. Also if you get done early thinking you can finally make it home for dinner your wrong as you be helping others with their routes so better off just being safe as you can and get it done right. Absolutely organize your truck on lunch break and go in early to orangize it cause while they load it up for you they do a horrible job and you be lucky to find your packages quickly. good luck!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • UPS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?