True Value

True Value Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,239 reviews

Productive and fun, with Co workers.

Being sales is good. You have a chance to meet many people. And I love to assist costumers, my company rules is also good. They are really kind to there staffs.

Pros

Free transpo

Cons

8 hours

Unorganized and unprofessional

Promises of current changes being beneficial constantly not met! No organization of warehouse or workloads. Everyone is over worked. Very inefficient methods, if any, being used to manage work.

People are cool, management is awful

It’s all about money there and hitting goals no matter what they put the associates through, barely any recognition and if they do it’s to stir up tension in the work place by giving the favorites who hardly do anything rewards and making the hard workers suffer. 10/10 would not recommend

Favoritism

Not a bad starting job, but management very clearly played favorites. Little opportunity to grow or learn. Raises were tied to “learning” but then would not follow up with raises.

I realize that I was working for a great company

I truly enjoyed working for true value and will love to work there if ever needed to. The work environment was calm and friendly. The job wasn't too stressful. The machines were easy to use and the equipment was easy to use. True value truly value their employees and walk with us through every step of the training process.

I worked at a very small location

Every place will be different, unfortunately for me I worked in a small town and didn’t have a good work environment. I liked the job but some of the co workers were really mean to me which made me hate it in the long run

Engaging Work Environment

I have been able to grow as a social and engaging person while working at True Value. What I find enjoyable is interacting with new faces and making meaningful connections along the way.

Co workers are great. Management not so much,,owners are awesome but never around.

Short term would be your best bet. Stay too long and you’ll end up working more than the pay is worth. They don’t pay a competitive wage. And no benefits.Its a place for high schoolers still living at home . But just realize your as far as your going to go, no room for advancement.

Don’t bother applying unless you’re toxic

This place continues to go downhill. Ever since they were bought out by ACON, they seem to care less about the employees and more about numbers. It used to be a lot better and unfortunately it’s a very negative place to be now.

Great People and Fun Work

I want to say that I liked all of my co-workers . They were all very kind to me and generally very patient when I was learning the ropes. Managers were on the floor with you and very kind and helpful. There was only one major gripe for me and that was that the dress code didn't allow for hats and I feel that a well worn baseball cap adds to the ethos of a hardware store employee. Maybe I just like hats.

Hurry up and wait kind of job

You wait around a lot and do other peoples work. I got fired because I had a baby 2 months early and called off everyday I was in the hospital. If you have a family emergency just expect to look for another job. Turn over rate is ridiculous there too

Pros

Double overtime

Cons

Everything else

It's a job; not a career.

Seemed like a nice place at first. But you quickly learn "patience" is a rare commodity here. Associates to Managers get upset and frustrated easily whether you do well or awful. There are cliques everywhere and unless you are in one, you'll suffer. Pay is OK, benefits are trash, and the place is absolutely filthy. Again, it's a job. Setting your sights high here is a mistake.

Not a healthy environment to work in

This place is by far the dirtiest most unkept place I ever worked. Management's total disrespect and disregard for employees needs and concerns is by far the worst I've ever come across. I would not recommend this company to anybody even my worst enemy and I wish all of those good people that I had the privilege of working with would get out of there sooner than later for their health and Sanity. Worst place I ever worked in my life.

Pros

Worked with some good people

Cons

I felt management was unconnected and didn't care

Good job for PT in highschool, low pay

It was a good job when I was in high school. Flexible schedule around classes, sports and life events. Started at $9/hr which was low. Raised starting pay for new employees to $10/hr around a year after I started and didn’t raise me to $10 until months after. No raise besides that..Management was supportive and understanding for moslty everything. Sometimes it felt like they would overstep a little bit but not extreme. Learned a lot working here and feel it would work good for any part time students!! Wouldn’t recommend trying to advance or stay here after school though.

No life outside work. prepare to be fired any second

Be prepared to have either no work at all on some teams so you cant pay the bills. Or be on other teams where you are pulling 60+ hours a week killing yourself to keep your production standard or be fired. If you do anything unsafe prepared to be fired. show up late fired. quality not great fired. you get the point. the place has a 85 percent turnover rate for a reason. even if you been there a while, mess up once here's the door.

Company has ran off everyone that cared for it. Sad

It used to be a great company where people cared for each other. They tried to change leadership and it went down hill. managers would work right beside everyone. now they just sit in an office

Pros

pay was decent

Cons

people dont care

Not somewhere for anyone that want a life outside of work

Regular 12+ hour days for most of the people in the warehouse. Most of the people don't care about the quality of their work and constantly make huge mistakes that make it harder for others to do their own job. Management won't do anything to fix any of the problems.

Always room for growth

Company always hopes to hire from within. A lot of room to move up within the company as long as you put in the effort. Compensation could be better. Benefits are good.

Great family environment

I loved working here. I felt like I was appreciated and was given opportunities and responsibilities when I could show I was reliable. They were very flexible and understanding especially with family emergencies. I would not have left if I didn't move out of state.

Pros

Great benefits and environment

Lies and more lies

I was told my shifts would be starting at 9am by your recruiter I go to the interview and they tell me no start time is 6:30-7am. Make it through first day and I’m informed my shifts will be starting at 4am after my day of training. What a joke I asked why so many changes to what I was told and they told me it’s hard to get people to stay well no wonder if you can’t tell the truth why would people stay also best part is they tell you their core value is telling the truth and having integrity.

Slow and Unorganized

Would not recommend this place to work they will sweet talk you in your interview and tell you whatever you want until you get hired. They will offer you 9-5 but then work you 10-6 10-7. Management is a complete loss. Inventory is completely lacking and wasteful spending on product makes it difficult to keep your store going. Prices on products are through the roof and loss of customer base heads right out the door and moves in to BIG Box stores due to the rise in products. No one is going to pay 45 bucks for a hammer or toilet seat. You call in sick they write you up, your child gets sick they threaten to move you to part time from full time. Store manager is never really around just like the general manager of the store. Constant promises to train you to be a better employee goes right out the window.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at True Value. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about True Value in popular locations

• True Value
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?