Trane Technologies

Trane Technologies Employee Reviews

Fantastic local culture, like a family. The evil demons are in Corporate

Very busy environment, often worked through lunch, excellent team approach all local teammates had excellent work ethicVery structured environment, learned a lot about warehouse science, EHS complianceCorporate meddling dampened overall experience

Pros

Local Teamwork culture, great benefits

Cons

Micromanaging Corporate Management are evil

Horrible

The only 2 things I can say about working there was that I liked my job & the pay was good. Other than that, I dreaded going to work. I was treated very unfairly & I had the most unprofessional, rude & unfair supervisor.

Very unproductive work place.

Needs better leaders and address the small things, listen to the people that know about the area. Take of your devoted people verse working them to hard. I loved Trane but Trane never loved me back.

I’ve been here for going on to 4 years now it’s a good place just depends where you get placed on hiring day it could be a bad line with drama or a chill line with plenty to do but it just depends. I got lucky but recently management changed and it’s becoming unbearable so make it what you will .

Not too bad!

Its not a bad place to work if you like a lot of overtime!! Management sucks! Stay to yourself as usual plants are filled with drama! Pay and benefits are decent.

It was Ok

Spent close to a year at Trane. Before I came to Trane I had no experience with chillers and for 4 months at Trane I was punching tubes every day which is miserable.They have great benefits and the pay wasn’t that bad but the type of work you will perform will most likely wear down your body over time which is one of the reasons I ended up leaving. A lot of the guys have went through surgeries while working there and if I asked them if it’s worth it they would say they’ve been there to long to leave. There is room to move up but guys would tell me it would take up too 8 years until you will get an opportunity and at that point even if you want to have a certain role as a technician, the manager will most likely put you where they are short staffed.I don’t regret giving Trane a Chance but I’m happy I left because I wasn’t happy. If you are willing to go through multiple surgeries, break down your body, and come home sore every day, go to Trane.

Pros

All tools are paid for, Great 401K, Great Insurance

Cons

It will destroy your body, Advancement depends on where the company needs you not where you want to go

Good benefits

They offer good benefits to the employees. Second shift hours are different on days that you have overtime. Management could do better with communication

Pros

Overtime

Cons

overtime is not consistent

Work hard but get paid good.

Trane is a good place. They are very hard on your point system. 1 call out equals 2 points.. the pay is good. Over time is a big thing there. Monday-friday mostly and some Saturdays

Easy job/higher-ups can be difficult

The job itself is very easy. I love my coworkers and even love my line leaders; HOWEVER, you have supervisors over the line leaders who are just rude. They will never praise nor show appreciation for the good things but will make sure that you know that everybody on your line is worthless whenever they can. They only care about their numbers!!! THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES!!! The plant manager is the best! The supervisors under him are the problem. Please DO NOT BREATHE THE WRONG WAY, they'll try to fire you! You'll definitely have to walk on eggshells around that place. No job security at all!

Pros

Easy job with weekly pay and health insurance. Great coworkers!

Cons

Higher-ups are rude! No job security! A lot of drama

Great job to work for. I worked on a very supportive team.

My position was contract, but I gained so much knowledge and experience about the hvac industry. I loved working with my team. They were very supportive. I definitely had a work life balance with this job. I would recommend this job to others.

Pros

Work life balance, pay, management.

Cons

Contract position

Good place to work, find some good helpful co-workers

Good place to work, found some good co workers and supervisors. Employees that earned degrees (especially Bachelors and Masters Degrees) while attending college should be compensated....

If you like total chaos, you’ll thrive

Company in Grand Rapids mi is struggling with supply chain issues. Management doesn’t deal with the employee situations arising from frustration. Toxic work environment at times.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of direction and support from management

Sucks

They only see you as a number they could care less about you as a person. Management is the worst and they will ignore you and set you up for failure.

Great place

I loved my job at trane. Great benefits, great overall place to work, loved my co-workers, company really cared for the employees. Always went above and beyond to help you succeed

Trane Technologies cares

Trane Technologies has been nothing but great to me throughout time as an employee. They truly value work life balance and care about their people. I am proud to work here.

It’s a good place the work only thing I ain’t Like is the point system because it be so many people coming in in the morning and clocking in u might clock in pass you time now they consider you late and give u points and they have short breaks

Pros

They pay good

Cons

breaks to short

Company has changed directions in last 5 years for the worse.

After Working here 16 years, it became very apparent, since this company has become largely publicly traded things have worsened for the employee. No longer is the employee important. Shareholder earnings and perceptions are met way before any employees needs. Strongly recommend not considering this company any longer. Their only positive advantage is their retirement with a strong 401(k). Other than that, this woke company no longer is about taking care of employees.

Good pay, but not worth all your time

I love working at trane, but it is an extremely biased atmosphere. This is a union based company and is not a good place to be. There is a lot of racism and favoritism that goes on unfortunately.

Pros

Pay

Cons

6 days a week, bad breaks, union.

No room for growth

I tried for several years to move up and had the qualifications to do so. However, management hired outside the company and negated any in-house employees. It left me no choice but to look elsewhere.

This company really cares about their workers

I enjoyed working at Trane .I was able to learn how to build a unit from bottom to top leak check the unit wired up control boxes built the blower for the unit pretty interesting

Pros

Always have lunches

Cons

No cons

Excelente empreasa con mucho crecimiento interno

Como practicante la empresa te proporciona todas las herramientas necesarias para sacar tu trabajo con exito cuenta con excelente ambiente laboral y puedes tener estabilidad economica

Pros

Seguro de gastos medicos/ crecimiento interno

Cons

ninguna

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trane Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits