Tractor Supply

Tractor Supply Employee Reviews

Found 4,786 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,787 reviews

Company cares about investors only

The company has changed over the years . Some things have been for the better but now they focus on the investors . They need to hire more people but fail to increase payroll. Do more with less. Way to many boxes to check off than actually focusing on sales What you are doing is never good enough, sign people up for credit cards.

Pros

Your coworkers

Cons

High stress.

Good place to start

It is great in the sense that you get the experience of working with great customers but the pay is not really there for those looking to get out on their own.

Fun to work for

The management team was really fun to work with they had lots of advancement for a lot of people going a lot of different places knowledge of product was one of the best things you could do for yourself as far as working at tractor supply

Pros

Advancement

Cons

Just apply Your self and You can’t go wrong

An incredible hard place to work

Like many customer service positions the work never stops along with other responsibilities such as freight and cleaning. Management still expects everything done even though they can not stay fully staffed. I have never seen a turnover rate so high. The pay is very low for how hard a person works

Overworked and underpaid

Never a set schedule, always different each week. Pay is garbage, customers are rude as heck about stuff we can't control! Upper management is awful and looks down on everyone. Benefits are great but not really worth it with the low pay.

this was a fun place to work over all but the little pay isnt worth the physical labor and the long days

the store manager is cool but gets a little twisted when you ask to take your 10 minute break. were severely understaffed so we don't get weekends off and the manager didn't respect me saying that I don't work mornings and schedules me got every morning shift he can when I know that there are other people who can do it.

Pros

good people and the managers are very likeable. the customers are really chill and funny too.

Cons

not really allowed breaks and short staffed

Benefits are ok.

If you are looking for a job, while you are going to school or needing extra income, this is a great way to go. The focus is more on the money that the store makes and not the employees. You can't have a set schedule, but can request days off. I have found that if you are hard worker than you are pushed to do more and there is no room for advancement, even overlooked due to seniority and not ability.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

no breaks if you are the cashier

Janitoria

It’s so on organized and boss don’t even know what they are doing and they set you to get to fired there is big time drug use there I wouldn’t recommend this job at all

Load of junk

Managers pick favorites and chill with them and barely do anything. Non-favorites will be deemed to do work for 2 people and no one bats an eye. Managers are also always hiding in the back hanging out while workers are on the floor. When filing a complaint about someone, doesn't seem like they take it seriously.

The pay sucks, the hours are terrible, Management are a complete joke, overall the worst job I have ever worked for definitely not a job I would recommend 🤦🏻‍♂️

Fun workplace

Good place to work. Relaxed and fun work environment. Managers were nice and understanding. Other employees are super friendly and nice to work alongside of.

The coworkers try to support each other. But some store manager use management by guilt tactics to manipulate the staff

Failed attempt to create a culture of inclusion, just to feel ignored and abandoned because you did not fit into the vision of the new upper management to take over your store and district.Sad, I expected more after years of service and working 6 days a week during covid lockdown and the year that followed.I cannot say too much on how the change from 4 years ago to now expresses why i left the company.

Pros

Little in the way of pro's at all anymore. Not a family of supportive individuals.

Cons

Do as I say, not as i do!

Great place to work and learn to face the public.

Great place to work and treated fair, all you're family in you're house hold gets a discount. And they treat every one good. you get to help a lot of people.

Cons of the job

Your schedule is sporadic with no consistency. You'll often get called in for early (6am) freight. You get no decision in your scheduling. Example: If you request early or closing shifts from the managers they will say sure thing then your schedule is anything but what you requested.

Fun place to work

Tractor supply is a good company to work for. Can be fast paced. Room for advancement if you work hard. Monthly bonus plan. Health care available for part time and full time employees.

Good place to work at

Been working at tractor for 2 years. I’ve liked to work here, the management is good & care about each worker. They care about your safety. The raises are small tho

Pros

Offer Daily Pay, Starting Pay, my building had AC

Cons

Shirt breaks, can’t leave building for lunch

Great place to work IF the environment is positive and hardworking

I worked Part-Time at a TSC and it is the best job that I have had so far. The management was caring and understanding. The environment was positive and it was actually fun to go to work. My fellow employees were there to do their job and be positive and interact with the customers. The most challenging part will be if there are not enough employees during a busy day. I enjoyed all the benefits as well. HOWEVER, I transferred to another TSC and it was NOT even close to the environment that I started out in. The management was poor. Most the employees were too laid back and never completed a task effectively. SO, my suggestion is to do research on the TSC you are interested in. Casually ask employees what it is like to work there or even just interact with the employees more each time you shop. Also, take note of how the store looks. If it is not organized and clean, then that's one red flag. In the end, it can be a great company to work for if it is at the right place with the right people.

Pros

Benefits, Rewards, Can be fun to work

Cons

Short breaks/Short lunch, Can be short handed at times

Decent place to work, management isn't the best, but fair.

When I started things were just starting out, and you could tell at the time. Some days you are laid back then the next day you have to work a 200 percent. It's been awhile since I've been there and I've been told the management system changed after I left. If you work at a decent pace you will do fine. Out of the distribution centers I've worked for this was the most relaxed at the time.

Pros

Paid breaks, laid back, decent workers

Cons

Pay could be better, management could always be better

fun place to work

I would tell anyone to work there. the work environment is fun and fast. the work is hard and rewarding. the skills and know how that i have gleaned from both coworkers and people is awesome.

Pros

great managers

Cons

really physical work

bad management, lots of potential to grow

horrible upper management, everyone always calls never get punished, the good thing you learn lots and promote are given alot, pay is good, demands alot of physical work, bouns are giving depending on sales

Pros

good pay, bonus

Cons

short breaks, always want you to come in when your off

not for everyone

Very physically demanding, high turnover, horrible management, long hours, the pay is okay, didn’t have air during the summer months. Definitely not for everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits