Tractor Supply

Tractor Supply Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,820 reviews

Company cares about investors only

The company has changed over the years . Some things have been for the better but now they focus on the investors . They need to hire more people but fail to increase payroll. Do more with less. Way to many boxes to check off than actually focusing on sales What you are doing is never good enough, sign people up for credit cards.

Pros

Your coworkers

Cons

High stress.

fun retail position

coworkers were very nice. decent pay. enjoyed coming to work. flexible schedule. managers accommodating and personable. overall, a fun and enjoyable job

Easy to move up

I started as a greeter, moved up to team lead within 2 months, and became an assistant manager within a year. Each promotion came with a pay raise and by the time I left I was making great money for a person with no degree.(Over 50k/yr) I learned to drive a forklift while in this position. While there is a ton of video training, it isn't what you really need to know what you are doing. Tractor is a place you will thrive if you work hard, have common sense, and are able to solve customer disputes. Managers do their best to be available, and the phone number for the help desk will be your #1 resource when technology in store fails. You create the culture at work...so bring a great attitude and you can have fun.

Worst job I worked

Understaffed, you have to do basically everything in the store, management was a mess, in all horrible environment people always walk out within a week or two

Cons

Have to work sundays

Family

This is the best job I have ever had. The first job where I was excited to go to work every day. Everyone there has become family to me. The relationships and friendships I’ve created with everyone is something I’ll forever be grateful for. My managers are the absolute best. Always make it a point to make sure you’re okay, very flexible, caring and giving.

Pros

Friendships, customer interaction

Great coworkers/friendships

I like the feeling of having great people to work with. Great work/family balance. There is a lot of turnover due to pay and hours being too small. Overall good place to work.

Pros

Great hours

Cons

pay

Tractor Supply is a great job to work at, there have been plenty of ups and downs from what I have noticed. It’s changed a lot, some good, some bad but overall it’s a good place to work for young people. They offer college, and financial assistance benefits along with dental/health. Management is definitely IFFY. I’ve made many friends along the way, on a scale of 1-10 I’d rate this workplace as a 5

Pros

Sales Bonus, Pets

Cons

Management, Difficulty with time off.

Great environment

Good place to work especially if you are in college or just finished high school good environment

Hostile and problematic workplace, if u can go with the flow it’s the place.

This place is completely unfair, especially for the work that’s expected, I make 11.80 and have been working their for a year, the new hires make 13.60. Now they expect me to train them and do the work they do t want to do.

Pros

Their are none get to work

Cons

Their are non just do your job it sucks

Okay

It’s an okay place to work, pay sucks . Some managers are okay and others well aren’t so much. They do expect a lot from you for how little they want to pay you.

Pros

Store bonuses, part timers can get insurance

Cons

Pay, management

Take responsibility don't blame others.

It all depends on who your mgt team is. A store manager that actually works or talks on the phone all day and does as little as possible? What about the asst. mgr that follows the store manager around and does as little as possible? What about the mgrs talking about former team members in a negative light and not taking responsibility especially in front of customer. Take some reasonability of your lack of work/actions and don't blame others.Disappointed in the negative changes in the last 3 months, store has gone downhill more and more each month.Customers used to be priority #1, now they are completely forgotten in the store. It's all about the numbers......not the customer. Very disappointed.If you are lucky and have managers that work, show up on time, works a full shift and takes care of the team members you will have a good day. If not, good luck.

Workplace

You have one manager that cares and that is typically the Assistant Manager. The store manager would throw you under the bus for their mistakes and take all the credit for the work you do. The moral is okay but you lose yourself when management degrades you constantly and district manager and them do not help you or stand by their employees

Pros

Get to know the customers that come in all the time

Unprofessional and unorganized

Training is minimal if at allThe people who work there have an abusive nature, back stabbing and lying is quite commonThey do anything to get out of the undesirable jobs and put on the older or physically challenged employees Management doesn’t have a clue No teamwork, you are on your own at this placeThe employees are rude and abusive

Cons

No breaks

I like the products they sell products and find the customers interesting.

The people are fun to work with but expect to work , the store is understaffed but that is a corporate decision not local management , the pay is very low for the job you are expected to preform .

Customers are awesome

Upper management is patronizing and they play favorites. Monday zoom conference calls are useless and a complete waste of time. Pay is poor and hours are long especially on freight day

Pros

Nice customers

Cons

Micro manage and play favorites

Work with good people, managers care

Working at tractor supply has definitely made me the person I am today. If you work hard it doesn’t not go unnoticed, you build relationships with your managers and co workers and it is an all around great company to work for.

N/a

I actually enjoyed working here it was just the Mandatory overtime you see I don’t have a car which kinda made it hard to get to work and back. Good pay came home with Guaranteed 1k every 2 weeks( didn’t really like the bi weekly pay), and i worked only 3 days Saturday,Sunday,Monday. Literally i Nothing to complain about.

Fun busy engagement

Tractor is a fun and exciting place to work. Advancement is a A+, if you communicate your goals. There is always something to do. Meeting the customers and getting to know them was the best part. You are a team not just an employee. Everyone helps everyone from the store manager down to the cashiers. You get training every month to help with selling skills or just to know a product. Tractor has a open door policy. Bonuses is a plus everyone gets them if the store meets their sales goals.

Okay

Okay place to work they’ll work around other jobs and school schedules without much of a fuss but it does not pay nearly enough for what is expected of you I feel like.

Amazing work place

This company is an amazing place to be apart of. They fairly grow and develop their team and always see the potential in people. This company cares about their employees and provides a safe and fun work environment.

Flexible hours - great customers

TSC offers monthly bonus' based on store performance. Hours are flexible, management fair (and nice), benefits offered if one works at least 10 hours/week. TSC provides opportunity for advancement. Down side is pay not as high as similar type jobs and HR basically outsourced and difficult to deal with.

Pros

benefits, bonus' great customers, good mgmt

Cons

lower hourly rates than similar type positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Tractor Supply
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?