TJ Maxx

TJ Maxx Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,220 reviews

Low pay, long working hours.

I enjoyed the job and the people that I worked with. The hours were long and the pay was low. Very physical job, on your feet for long stretches of time.

Workplace

It was a fun job loved most of my coworkers, management was okay, it’s just very understaffed and you have to teach yourself a lot of things no real training

Terrible

Terrible place to work for management is terrible especially store management, they don’t care about your well being just your down falls. They don’t care for employees.

Only Credit Cards Matter

It doesn’t matter how helpful you are or how great your customer service is. No cards, no hours. Most customers are understanding that you have to ask them at least 3 times, but quite a few get upset. They’re very predatory, even trying to convince employees to sign up. Stay away unless you can somehow work in stock.

快节奏的工作环境

入门级工作,友好的工作环境,可以学到与人交流的技巧,可以结交新朋友,公司管理人性化,灵活的工作时间。

Pros

有免费小吃

Easy going but managers aren’t always great.

Not hard work at all. Pays well for what you’re doing. Customers are the worst part of the job, other than that it isn’t terrible. Expect to have issues with managers.

It was awful

The other coordinators were downright mean!!! The managers are basically useless.. the pay was not good, there were no benefits to being a full time employee. Luckily I found a new job with paid vacation, great pay, and amazing coworkers.

Fun and good bargains

I enjoyed working here but, could only get pt hours.Benefits are not good.It was fun seeing and meeting people from all over .The management was decent and pretty fair.

It was ok

Very boring in the day hardly no customers. People leaving the store with carts full of stolen items. The employees and management were nice just overwhelmed I think.

Easy job. Super annoying higher ups.

I’ve worked her for 6 months. All they care about is credit cards. At first this worked well for me because I got a lot of sign ups and was quickly promoted.As my credit cards signups went down the more pushy and rude the managers became. Credit card signups equal more hours and that is completely unfair to the workers.

Fun place to work

Loved working there, I was older then the girls and guys at the front register but I loved it cause it made me feel young at heart and they where the best! Only reason I left was because I needed a full time job with benefits. Over all I loved working at TJMaxx.

It’s alright for high school

Pretty flexible hours. Easy for the most part. Worst part is the absurd amount of Karens you get. Pay is good for first job. Different depts to work in.

It's a good first job. They are very flexible, a good environment. The pay is a little low but other than that good place to start.

Everyone there is very kind and friendly. I had a good time working there. TJ max is always busy so you will always have something to do. I would have loved it if the pay was a little more, but if this is your first job you can't go wrong. Always flexible and loved everyone who worked there.

Fun and accepting workplace

Tj maxx is an amazing place for someone seeking part time work. It is a fun place with amazing coworkers and tons of room to grow. Aside from the low pay and matching hours, this is a great job

Overworked and underpaid

The management was horrible and the training was not up to date. All they cared about was selling a credit card. Once I was of age they did not allow me to take breaks and towards the end of me working their I found out that they were skimming money of of our checks however the culture was nice there we all embraced the suck.

Fun workplace and good preparation

Not much way to move up most people are hired externally over people who are very qualified and have been working there for 1 plus years severely understaffed but the work environment has a lot of enjoyable people everyone is super helpful Is a very good job for getting experience because you deal with cash register unloading trucks talking to customers and putting out product and having a good relationship with others

Pros

2 paid 15 breaks sometimes free snack

Cons

No way to move up

Fun and good for young people

I enjoyed working there in high school. The pay was fair and the responsibilities were fine for a teen. Didn’t see myself staying because of lack of flexibility in time off for part time employees

Nice

It was a nice place to work at. Management was iffy sometimes. We had breaks, which was nice. And of course you would have some difficult customers, but that often comes with customer service jobs.

Good summer job

It was good but boring. Management is inconsistent. You will do one thing correctly under one manager, and then that same thing will be repulsive the next day to a different manager.

Good job for students/basic part time, but depending on managers, can be emotionally draining

Having worked at T.J. Maxx for over a year, I learned a lot about retail and having a part time job in general.I do think working here is a good start for students for example who are taking classes but want some income at the same time.Depending on management, schedule is very flexible and is dependent on how long you’ve been there/your relationship with your managers.The store I worked at was very fast pace and is a well known TJ Maxx in New York. There was a strong sense of community within the employees and engagement. However, when I would go to other TJ Maxx locations, I didn’t really sense that: felt very dark and dreary. I do think that it all depends on the store that you are working at (which branch you’re at.)There will always be difficult customers at any part time job like this/in retail, so you get used to it, but there came a point during my time here that you really start to appreciate the interactions with many customers: you learn a lot about certain ones, some have even made me cry from their stories 🥺 but overall you just learn a lot in retail if you find that you thrive on good engaging conversations with customers.My big complaint though is management itself. It truly is a hit or miss. I had several managers at the College Point store who were extremely accommodating but there will be one or two that are extremely toxic and make your life horrible. Micromanaging at its worst.I truly do appreciate the managers who are truly good people and do their best for their employees (I can speak very highly of them), but for the bad apples in management, -

Warehous, very stressful

Warehouse very stressful, they don’t want to give you a raise you have to work a whole year just to get $.25 raise ,you have people been there over 28Years just now making $18 an hour, Supervisors grade you on your performance still walk around with paper they don’t have good computer skills everything is handwritten, This company Still behind 10 years .ect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TJ Maxx. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits