The Medical City

The Medical City Employee Reviews

Philippines116 reviews

Challenging and yet rewarding

The place is very dynamic. Every day awaits a new challenge. There are numerous projects that needs to be prioritized so task management is key. I would suggest if you are into a company that serves as a stepping stone for a specialization in your line of work, I would recommend TMC. Pay is low so you need to balance your expectations compared to the challenging work ahead.

Pros

Leave benefits, health benefits

Cons

Low pay

Good working environment

I have a great experience working at The Medical City specially that my supervisors are always helping and guiding us all throughout my 6 months working there. The job is not heavy because whenever we needed guidance on the task the supervisors are always guiding and giving a tips to complete the task so its a good working environment.

Fun

Being an on the job trainee at medical city is one of the most fun jobs I've had. We were able to conduct activities that helped patients, and at the same time learn more about their stories.

Tiring

In my department, work gets busy sometimes in the day or even at night depending on the number of patients that comes in, but over-all my workmates make it fun and less tiring, they are all helpful and my seniors are all nice and when you need help never hesitate to ask them.

Overtime but under compensated

Pros: Benefits are great, they have sack of rice every 3 months plus allowancesCons: No work life balance. Always on call. No respect to your off. Lack of staff.

Fast-paced

If you are looking for a tertiary hospital that would stressed on training, then this hospital is for you. There might be some difficulties but it's worth it. Don't expect that the salary will be big when you get regularized. They have standards but the trainings that will be given to you will help you.

Terrible Management

What can I say? Terrible Management.Nurses work tirelessly and still they add more patients inspite of the insufficient nurse - patients ratio. Uniforms are outdated. Floor units should be wearing scrubsuits which is a lot comfortable and makes it easier for them to move around instead of the white clinical ones. Lack of equipments like infusion pumps and worse, a lot doesn't function well. In comparison with the old management, the old one is way better. Just my honest opinion.The working environment is fine but not the extent that it's an JCI Accredited hospitals because personally I don't think it should be Accredited at all.

Pros

Free uniform for a year only

Cons

Doesn't care about the welfare of their nurses

fun workplace until they changed management

some managers tend to make their subordinates do their jobs.. community wise it was fun..the hospital used to have sportsfests for the employees.. used to be fa fun community.

benefits

Cons

short staffed

Terrible Management

Only concerned with the company's income. Not inclined to care about their employee's welfare. Laboratory Management is awful. Don't bother working here.

Pros

Good company benefits

Cons

salary is not competitive, Management couldn't care less about their employees

Productive workplace

I worked here more than 8 months and I have seen how it flourished all through those times. The workplace is like a family. I had a very good work experience here.

Benefits

Cons

Need additional manpower

Be patient and think positive

Think positive to yourself, creative, hardworking, honest, trust worthy, patient, dependable, energitic, flexible and dedicated to your work. I never give up until I get something right.

Cons

Unpredictable day to day work but manageable

I have learned so much in terms of patient to patient and doctor to employee relationship. I learned more how to use Microsoft excel and also processing patients health insurances.

Pros

Freebies

Cons

Extended hours

best hospital with good environment for patient need and consultation. with good doctor in different specialty. location of the hospital is in the heart of the city

Collaborative workmates

I'm blessed to be with people who are not just professionals but with kind hearts. During my first days in 2014, I had a wonderful experience with them. They are easy to deal with.

Hospital routine

Day to day basis and most of the time overtime without pay. However, this is my first tertiary hospital work. The workload is heavy, assigning in different areas. Hard to file for a leave. But, it was a great experience and I had learned a lot.

Challenging work place

After being away from the health industry for more than 6 years, working in TMC was able to challenge me and teach me the skills I have forgotten. The staff are a mix of people you want to work with to not wanting to stay in the same room with. A typical day at work is being able to juggle handling patients and their relatives and the doctors orders, which is required for one who is stationed in the Emergency department. Management is doing its best to juggle the lack of staff and the demand of workload needed in a day to day basis and being able to have their staffs back.

Usual hospital environment

Perform the preventive maintenance of the system for all the departments with only a small staff. Some issues can be resolved by the end-user but training is a must. However, they are busy attending the patients.

First Hospital Work

This is my first tertiary hospital work. The workload is heavy sometimes when I handle 8 patients in our floor. But, it was a great experience and I had learned a lot.

Life and Work Balance

During my stay at TMC, I had a great career and family balance. I had experience great working relationship with my co-staffs and the bosses are very open minded and helpful

Job satisfactory

Work with the medical city offer: - average compensation - great clinical experience - JCI accredited - flexible time schedules - well organized management system

great way to start your career

Place is convenient and has a best treatment in all hospitals. They offer good benefits which you can use it in the future, good careers. Will learn new terms in medical field and able to use it as a practice in our daily lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Medical City. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about The Medical City in popular locations

• The Medical City
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?