The Home Depot

The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Showing all 60,290 reviews

Productive and challenging competitive

It enables you to develop and improved your skills and ideas on selling and interacting with people and develop your sense of responsibility.always spend extra mile at work.

Pros

Free lunch and incentives

Cons

8 hours max

Worst Management of any place I've ever worked at

Absolutely terrible management at this store, the non management associates were great but management was an absolute train wreck. Would NOT recommend working at this store.

Customers are great

I have better relationships with the customers than any of my coworkers. I did love everyone that I worked with but none of us felt supported or appreciated by anyone than each other. I was there 7 years so it wasn't all bad but the pay didn't encourage me to stay

Pros

great customers, easy to cross train

Cons

Pay, advancement

Morale can be very low, Management hardly ever visisble

It seems that the good hard workers are punished to compensate for the poor workers. Management has a tendency to not be very visible and unprofessional to associates. The corporate values are mentioned often but get overlooked and bent at the store level.

Very stressful. $17 an hour pay.

Can be very busy at times. Sometimes management can be difficult to deal with. Learned a lot about sales systems and home improvement. Information you can carry with you for life.

Fun and laid back workplace

I worked in the garden, paint, and online shopping departments of Home Depot. I loved working in garden during the summer because I got to water a lot of plants. I learned how to identify a lot of flowers this way. I was happy being able to work in different departments because I enjoy switching things up. The management was very kind and helpful, and easy to talk to. My coworkers were nice and fun to work with.

Pros

Flexible schedule and work, lots of breaks

Cons

Not the best pay, no benefits for PT

Buena empresa pero el trato de los gerentes es horrible

Es una excelente empresa con excelentes prestaciones y salarios, pero el trato que te dan tanto los jefes, como gerentes y recursos humanos es pesimo, se vive desde el hostigamiento laboral, hasta el acoso sexual en sus instalaciones y aunque los reportes no hacen nada al respecto, es preferible ganar menos pero conservar la salud y paz mental

Fun, but taxing

The home depot 6546 had many good points when working for them. most of the employees and the managing staff were friendly, and there was always a shift to pick up if you knew the right people. They also had benefits that help you outside of the business. my only issues with the establishment are how disorganized they were, and how I had to more often than not clean up the mess of fellow co-workers that worked in our area. issues would not be resolved in a timely manor and communication as whole was poor, and at some point it became to taxing to work there. but even still, it was such an amazing place to work at and if I believed that it was manageable to do a full time shift as well as work a secondary job, I would.

Cool

Easy work cool people to work with Folsom store is pretty nice laid back employees and supervisors easy to talk to paid training orientation was easy

Good People

I didn't mind my time working at the Home Depot. There were a lot of people there that were fun to work around. I definitely would recommend it to someone.

Nice coworkers

The people I met there are awesome and I made a lot of friends, the only bad thing about this company is the management, they only care about themselves, whenever we needed help with customers they avoided the calls and went to the office, there’s no promotion in this company, they don’t value as a workers but more as something they can put in the schedule, also you don’t work one department they make you work all the departments even if you don’t know

Fun workplace and great learning experience

Great training and opportunities to expand knowledge across all departments. Met so many great co-workers and each day is different. Plenty of things to do to pass time and stay occupied.

Don't bother unless...

If you have a strong work ethic and like things to be the best they can be, don't work here. Your frustration will be unending. Home Depot is a pretty woke company so they mostly hire people who only want to stand around, play, and gossip. Management is apparently blind to this or does not care, there is no accountability. It's my understanding that it's this way across the company and not just in my store. I can not verify that though.

They care for you

Working for this company has it's perks. the company does care for you and takes care of your needs. The schedule is really flexible and youa re able to choose what shift you want upon being there for a certain amount of time.

Retail high stress environment

The company has a high stress environment if your department works on a sales quota. A lot depends on your manager being progressive or not. Organization is very hierarchical.

fun job while you’re in college

It’s a Fun job & you will get decent money but not to support a family. Used to be better with the last team of managers but with then new team you can’t expect much from them.

work pay compensated for work load

I was required to work several departments along with my own and never received compensation for the overload of work. I only received judgement from management because I could not meet deadlines because I was working 3-4 different departments while trying to run my own due to staff shortages.

Pros

Employee relationships

Cons

Management and overload of work

That you do your job well.

I really did like my job until they kept putting people in places they did not belong. If you are going to be a Manager then do your job, If not let someone who knows what they are doing do it.

Pros

Success sharing.

Cons

Health care.

Ridiculous

These people don’t care about you. You will not be given any opportunities, nor will you receive any thanks, awards, or rewards for your work. If you enjoy working solely for the betterment of The Home Depot and it’s management, even at your own expense. This is the place for you.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Everything else

Trabajo sencillo y fácil en general.

Es un gran lugar para trabajar puesto que se te capacitan constantemente para que aprendas a realizar bien tus actividades. Cada 3 meses se hace una convivencia grande y cada semana se hace una junta con juegos y premios para quienes se destacan en su área. A veces te subestiman y no se dan la tarea de preguntarte cómo te sientes o qué es lo que cada quien necesita.

Fun

Great place to work and devcent pay. Im part time and enjoy coming in and working 4 hours. Have great time helping people find what they are looking for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • The Home Depot
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?