The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Employee Reviews

Philippines88 reviews

Stressful and Toxic Management

Management can't see all your efforts doing your job. They always see the mistakes that you did. Sales over employees health. They don't know how to take care of their employees. One shift one person. One of the OTL will raised her voice at dining area to one employee. ALL AROUND WORK all stations one person. NOT RECOMMENDED.

Pros

Free 1 drink

Cons

Long hours, Oty, Toxic Manager and Management

Great teammates but poor management

They have great training. You'll encounter great teammates that will make your shift worthwhile. The higher management tend to micromanage and not understand what their subordinates want from them. They should hear and understand what their employees feel for the betterment of the whole team.

Pros

Great teammates, good training

Cons

Long hours, management, lack of incentives

Fun

The fun part working here is when you can bond to every barista and manager every month, and most hated part here is to work to far from your home and no overtime payment. I've been separated from cbtl and still my COE and backpay still not provided

Pros

Free drinks only

Cons

3 station 1 man

It's a fun and wonderful experience.

The coffee bean and tea leaf , requires every team member to have there proper training before they assigned in each store. . Team member must be prepared always. . There's a lot of good co team leader that will guide you properly and excellently, in order for us to learn.

Pros

There are free meal allowance in every team member.

Cons

Long hours, and peak time

Bad management experience, salary was not worth the hardworks

Bad management experience, salary was not worth the hardworks. Long working hours and very very felxible schedule dosent matter if your are too far from the branch you was assigned

Productive and Fun with my collegues

They promote the Quality over quantity because CBTL provide a good staff, or should I say All in. I like CBTL in terms of food quality, coffee and so on and so fort.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Nice work place but stressfull upper management

Store culture and work place was the best but upper management specially the OTL does not do any support any coaching just pure. Criticism and all negative feedback and always humiliate you on the regional group chat. We always have meeting @4am monthly even if you had taken the shift. We always do group genmeet every month and you are required to attend even if it is your rest day and the venue is many kilometres away with no transportation allowance or assistance

Pros

Meal allowance

Cons

Meetings during rd and morning.

a good stepping stone

CBTL was my first job. I was a slow-worker, I always make mistakes. Despite all my flaws my manager never gave up on me and always motivates me. Through all my years I've been handled by different managers and they all like to motivate their employees. There are a lot of trainings that will REALLY help you improve and gain knowledge especially if it's your first job and your MINDSET is really to learn if not, you'll be demotivated, lazy, unproductive. They are also generous in regards of BENEFITS. Your SL and VL are converted to cash if not used. They also have 13th month pay. Also a free drinkThe cons about cbtl is their manpower, baristas and even managers have to struggle 1 is to 1 duty, straight duty, rdot, OTy, sleep off because there aren't enough baristas. I've also experienced at time where im the only one on duty. It was hard because you open the store then u clean the whole place. Thus, if you are 1 is to 1 it was also a heavy feeling because you are tired in taking orders then after that you have to clean. It would be easy to feel if there are at least 3 or 4 on duty. It was also peer pressure since you have to maintain the standards (but its a good thing) or you"ll be questioned. and when you are questioned, "hindi ko alam" is not a valid reason. Lastly, Even if you got promoted as a supervisor and passed the exam your pay will still be like a barista as long as you're a supervisor 'trainee'

Pros

trainings, benefits, free drink

Cons

manpower, rewards

Fast-paced but fun, surrounded by wonderful people.

I was only here for 4 months(was let go unfortunately due to the pandemic), but I was able to have so much fun despite being very busy most of the time.If you don't like being productive, you will not love this job. It's physically demanding and you need to be patient towards customers who aren't too keen on waiting for their order. Peak hours vary from store to store, in my case, I worked at the SMX MOA branch and our peak hours would be every time there would be events.The people I've worked with are amazing and the baristas who have months or years of experience are always excited to help out the new hires. They always give helpful tips, and proactively lend a hand whenever the new hires need help. Management is amazing as well as they don't beat around the bush when you make a mistake, but they don't condescend you.The pay is not amazing, but when compared to other companies' barista salaries, it's fair. If you want to get paid more, then climb up the corporate ladder. I was glad to know that our District Manager used to be a barista just like me, so there are clear opportunities for career growth.My only two objective complaints are: 1) having experienced working in at least 5 CBTL branches in the MOA area, most stores often fail to be self-reliant, especially when it comes to stock and equipment availability. There were a lot of times when I had to walk by foot from store to store, delivering ingredients and/or equipment, since that store needed help. 2) Needs more manpower. I don't think it's right for a store to be heavily crippled just because one employee wasn't -

Pros

Great workplace culture, Productivity

Cons

A bit lacking in manpower

Good training

I hope this review can help you. I hope with this I can provide a short glimpse of the pros and cons of the company. I started my career in CBTL year 2017 and I am not sure with how they conduct the interview this time (year 2020). I sent my resume through their website and I received a text message the next day informing me what I should wear (smart casual) and the address where I should go for the interview. I was asked to fill up a form and also answer essay questions. There was an initial interview and final interview (both conducted the same day). After that they gave me a date when I should return to the 'SC' aka Head Office to pass my pre-employment requirements. We were also given dates for our training. We were trained for one month for different stations inside the bar area. You will be given a hands on training for each stations which you will do in your respective store assignments. Also, for each station you will have a written and practical/hands on exam with a trainer in the SC. If you were able to pass both exam and hands on you will be able to get to the next training session. If you fail you will have to extend for two more weeks. You really have to memorize SOPs. They are strict with their training and I commend CBTL for doing that. Once you graduated from your training you will be assigned to your respective branch. (Don't get too attached they like shuffling their employees frequently). You will have your beverage allowance once you are a Full Time Barista. Duties last for more than 10 hours sometimes. And aside from being a Barista you will also -

Pros

Free beverages and good training

Cons

Long work hours, too much side duties, understaffed

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf?

It's a physical type of work but being in a customer service type of work, it's always fun seeing a guest smile while you hand them the order. Quite well for any employee without a degree.

I have a good working experience in coffeebean.

Good. Friendly workmate and theres a teamwork. Management is good and kind. Teach the employee about new things in the store. The place is relaxing and can meet different kinds of customer

Amazing company

They have concern in every employee, my company is giving salaries and benefits on time. They will put you in store near to your house. The people in cbtl are kind and understanding

Stressful and challenging

Fair enough, good culture but stressful work. A company facing a lot of challenges. Management should be true to the culture they are portraying to be. They should set as good example to their subordinates.

Joyful Colleagues

They have a training for all new beginners. Warmed welcome. Friendly staffs. Gain new learnings and skills. Provided also the needs and wants of customers.

It's an okay experience for my first job

It was okay at first but then the changes they make weren't really that appropriate. The benefits ae okay but sometimes the pay isn't really worth it. The good side is you can have growth here as a person and professionally depending on who you work with.

Stressful

Stressful working in Cbtl. specially the management. Their stuff over working. Sometimes no Off. Slow process in everything including employees needs like Uniform, Company I.D..

Fun but not expected based on job description

I apply as a barista but the work is more than just a barista. The workload is heavy. You need to work like a utility thats not part of your job. Overtime worked not paid always. High pressure from higher management. They dont even care to ur efforts even though you get the target sales of the day. Work life balance is not fair. But nice try and good experience after all

good in trainings.

ive learned a lot like making latte art . making sop of all drinks the hardest part of this job are more audits. i enjoyed work at coffee beand and tea leaf because of my co-worker.

jolly and positive thinker.

a typical day at work. low management cause they dont care about thier employee. but i enjoyed my work here at this company because of my co worker

Full Time Barista

You will have one month training as a barista in their Support Center. You will get deployed after the 1 month training (that depends if you will be able to pass the certification for every stations given).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Salary / Benefits