TELUS International

TELUS International Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,010 reviews
Salary / Benefits
The management has a good relationship with the employees. They always make sure everything is okay. They have good benefits and the office is very clean.
Pros
Free load and a lot of freebies.
Salary / Benefits
Telus in Ireland is a call centre doing jobs for different clients. This employer was previously known as Voxpro and had quite low star rating here due to various objective reasons. Your work environment will largely depend on the contract (i.e. client) you work for and some are nicer than the others. You will be doing a job that is either done "internally" (by client's own employees) for a much better pay or is completely outsourced as not requiring any qualifications. I wouldn't call it a sweatshop, exactly, but the feeling of being a second-class sitizen will not go away.You will have hard time getting holidays approved as "client" requires "coverage" at any time and even more so during holiday seasons and summer. The company's own culture is full of manufactured fun and is unnaturally upbeat, ignoring the fact that most ground level employees are struggling financially. You'd be expected to play along with "everything is awesome" narrative.
Pros
No education required, if you can read and write snd saw a computer before, you are qualified!, If you can think fast and talk your way out of questions you don't know how to answer, you should make it through the probation., Nice office, free parking (while it was relevant).
Cons
Pension contribution from the company is laughable (1 - 2%), sick days nonexistent (2.5 days per year) and VHI cover is only good for half of a decent policy, the rest you pay yourself.
Salary / Benefits
I loved working here. It was one of my favorite places to work. I just wish we got more raises. After 2 years, I had only gone up about 75 cents. Other than that, it is a relaxed work environment. Management is always there for you and you are rarely stressed, which is hard to say for most call centers.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Few raises
Salary / Benefits
The wages in no proportion to cost of living. Pension contributions and sick pay are a total joke. The company culture is one of permanent enforced positivity and photo-op actionism.
Pros
Nice bunch of people working there
Salary / Benefits
I love my co workers. The pay is great. Been here two years and I am at 16.65/hour. Easy calls with my campaign. I miss the hour lunch we use to have. Working from home has it's challenges when u have small kids.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
PTO avail, but time off gets denied
Salary / Benefits
My time at Telus international, brought me many benefits. It helped me while I was on my gap year and I learned how to properly work in a team and in a real work environment. The people in management were very polite and respectful and my overall work experience was amazing.
Pros
Great health insurance, food vouchers, great machines, healthy work environment.
Cons
none.
Salary / Benefits
If you’d like to be over worked with promises of advancement, Telus is the place for you. They want to pay adults with families and children $13/ hour to be cursed out, and never have management support. Definitely not worth it.
Salary / Benefits
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at TELUS International is very good for non-management. Management was super careful about honoring breaks and lunches. Only downfall was sometimes people with children or special schedule needs had a hard time.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at TELUS International are adequate. Pay was a flat rate for everyone on the contract, regardless of tenure. Bonuses could be unfair in the way they were calculated, and sick time (3 days per year) was a joke.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at TELUS International, I think they genuinely try hard, but over 3 years, several contracts abruptly ended, resulting in 200 or more people suddenly without a job (including me).ManagementIn general, managers at TELUS International care about their teams, but are often caught between responding to genuine needs and the pressures put on them from higher up the food chain. That's when you start to get the vacant " yes, I hear you" response.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at TELUS International is fun and rewarding for the most part. Loved my teams and my coworkers. Such a diverse and energetic group!OverallMy experience working at TELUS International was a good one. If my contract hadn't been eliminated, I'd still be there. But I got good experience, great contacts, and a burst of confidence about my actual abilities, so I can see this as an opportunity to grow.
Salary / Benefits
Worked here for almost two years. Honestly, I think it depends on what campaign and your direct management. The training was fun but didn't prepare you much for the job. It's about the numbers you produce for useful metrics, not helping the customer. Many clicks with management involved that once you get on one person's lousy side, that's part of a group; you might be harassed. HR is useless. If you want a job to pay the bills, this is it. If you're going to advance based on your work ethic and not going out and taking shots with your OM or sleeping with management, then forget it. Most management here is uneducated and acts like the disposable garbage they are to the corporation that enables them to be ugly human beings to their employees.
Pros
Pay, gym and free food sometimes
Cons
Management, Hr, paycheck errors, Harrassment, bed bugs, dirty
Salary / Benefits
Regional managers are terrorists. Treat store management like dogs and humiliate them every chance they get. I even see a manager cry on a conference call because of how much they push you around and try to make a fool of you.. WORST COMPANY EVER.. i would never buy from them on principal human rights.
Pros
Cons
Treat management worst than dogs
Salary / Benefits
Happy here as our hushtags says, highly recommend to join our team. Our leaders are friendly and approachable. They give you a great opportunity to grow and enhance your skills.
Pros
Free lunch
Salary / Benefits
It's very easy for management to get away with creating hostile work environments for you. They also treat you as if you are an independent contractor, it is a w2 position.HR is only going to show you the exit.
Salary / Benefits
Typical call center job. Most contracts have customer service representatives helping customers through chat, email, and phone calls. When we worked at the office, the workplace culture was mainly positive and rather casual(sometimes a bit too casual). Management is fairly nice but sometimes they give too many PR answers. You have to nudge management a few times in order to get your request heard. Good benefits but low pay and limited growth. Merit is not rewarded here and you could be let go if the company contracting TI decides not to renew their contract.
Pros
Good benefits, positive and casual workplace
Cons
low pay, limited growth, unstable job
Salary / Benefits
started with great 17dls pay and a year after. I am getting payed 15. That should pretty much explain everything besides the fact they move you at their convenience from campaigns.
Pros
remote
Cons
pay rate changes to their convenience
Salary / Benefits
Excellent place to start working if you don't have any work experience. You have growth opportunities, but have to work hard for them. Fun and caring culture.
Salary / Benefits
Great environment. Happy here. Good management provides multilingual customer service outsourcing and digital IT services to global clients. Clients include corporations in fast-growing technology, travel and hospitality, financial services and fintech, games, telecommunications, and healthcare industries.
Salary / Benefits
300 question test. You must pass with 75%. If you do not pass they will try to find another job for you to do. Telus is a good company to work for. Apply to day
Pros
Work from home
Salary / Benefits
This company is great to work for. Things have been tough with covid, but the management is doing everything it can to make sure there's work for everyone.
Salary / Benefits
Working with TELUS is just like playing. Though, there were times that the pressure is there and deadlines were everywhere, but the team were able to conquer nice and smooth. You work independently and able to achieve goals and objectives. It is a fun company to work for.
Pros
There are annual free concerts and monthly freebies.
Cons
None that I think of.
Salary / Benefits
Company welcomes all types of job seekers. Great company for those looking to work at a BPO industry for the first time. Management is very supportive and approachable. But do not expect large compensations.
Pros
Management, Job Stability, Support
Cons
Compensation
Salary / Benefits
My team leader before was not as good as we expected and he only coaches us about the call flow process but not the thing about product specifics which were more important compared to anything else that should be tackled during one on one coaching. He also has favoritism! He was the promoter of playing mobile legends while at work. ork
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not good management and favoritism