Teekay Corporation

Teekay Corporation Employee Reviews

Philippines14 reviews
Salary / Benefits
The only I say about my experience in teekay. Safety is always the first priority for all the crew. About the staff all is friendly at they are very good handling their crew.
Salary / Benefits
caring and passionate management team
work life balance

great compensation package

enjoyable company events

high tech facilities

constantly improving c
Salary / Benefits
in my work experience we were working everyday from 8 am to 5 pm.
i learned a lot about the engine room work. experienced critical engine trouble.

every BOSS/officers that i meet on board ship, in my opinion they like me. maybe they like how i work. My working style is i want to finish my job as fast as i can, in safe manner.

The hardest part of my job is when i do not have the tools or spare part. if i do not have the resources i need thin it will give extra time and effort to complete the job in different way.

I enjoy working when everything is going well according the plan, when my Boss is happy i am also happy and proud of my contribution

to the team.
Pros
free food
Cons
10 hours
Salary / Benefits
as a whole this company is one of the best company I know as far as salary and work environment is concert, they value crew wellness and well being, the managers are very caring to their crew, they inform you ahead of time what you need to do before joining the ship and they are also very accommodating, they prioritize your needs during times of emergency.
Pros
free health card, family benefits and free trains dut=ring vacations.
Cons
long contracts.
Salary / Benefits
its a good experience to learned and gain more knowledge on the system. The hardest part is when our vessels been turned over to other manning agency, and now search again a good company for long term
Pros
free internet, healthcard for crew and dependants
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed my 2 contracts at the company, the company safety management system is strictly followed, feel good to be with few of the most discipline and knowledgeable crew onboard. Rest hours and the maritime labour code were observed.
Salary / Benefits
onboard work. no fall back work in office for merchant mariners like me who is aspiring to be both ship and shore worker i the future for retirement on sea life.
Salary / Benefits
Processing takes time and waiting is such a problem during those days. it was may OJT when I started with them and nice to see your colleagues are juts around with you.
Salary / Benefits
Teekay is Good company when it comes to safety. All crew are well trained and knowledgible about their respective job. They maintain harmonious relationship to each other. So that there is team work
Pros
Prioritizing safety
Salary / Benefits
Work start at 8am and ended at 5pm, during this time we are occupied with our emails but though it was a busy day we still manage to work in a very light and fun environment.
Teekay Management treat as well as we enjoy the benefits of the company equally. The most hardiest part of the job is the time constraint given the scenario of having 5 vessels calling on different ports and time zones but all I would day are challenging and I would say its always a success.
Pros
Free coffee, fruits and pastries
Cons
time limitations
Salary / Benefits
My work on the ship is not easy, sometimes you will experience typhoon in the middle of the sea, and some problems in machinery of the ship, I learned a lot on the ship,. and I still want to learn more.. my work mates is from different country india, italy, ukraine , russia,.the most enjoyable in my job is travelling all around the world for free,..
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, dinner.. and tickets joining to the ship and going back home
Cons
we have healthcard, and etc.
Salary / Benefits
It's challenging experience working onboard while meeting different people.
It's a number one company when it comes to compensation, management, and work.
Pros
everything we need are provided by the company as free.
Cons
we have enough hours of rest and according to the company standard. we have also healthcare.
Salary / Benefits
a day to day work in voyage performing deck machinery maintenance, (cargo pumps,cow machines,valves etc) preparing for cargo loading and discharging together with chief officer.I've learned a lot on board working with different nationalists,
its very productive
continous self improvement

competitive salary

safety aspect
Pros
free travel
Cons
health care benifits