Target

Retail Sales Associate3,340 reviews

Clear
3.3Salary & Benefits

Found 887 reviews matching the searchSee all 63,646 reviews

flexible schedules, celebration day special

No stress, comfoterble work, celebration Day for special food provide, Skill for training a lot. Good benefit.

Pros

No stress, comfoterble work, celebration Day for special food provide, l

Cons

To not enough time earned money.

Opportunities to move up if available

The job overall started out fine, but as time went on it became more difficult. Management was not at the level it should have been. More work was being added without a pay increase. The turnover was getting worse.

Pros

Health benefits if worked full time. Good food in the break room. Casual work wear.

Cons

Standing all day. Poor management. Unorganized. Too much workload

Not the best

The pay is decent if you work a lot of hours, mainly during the holiday season but management will cut your hours more than half at the beginning of a new year. Middle management is good but higher management are rude and disrespectful.

Please don’t work here.

Lots of favoritism and they always hire part time only, that way they don’t have to give anyone benefits. The mangers do not care about employees whatsoever and will schedule one person to run about half the store and when you try to tell them that it’s a lot of work they just ignore you, I would never work for this company again.

Unfair and mentally draining

The workload doesn’t match the pay that we previously got and you are talked down upon all the time. The a/c always had issues and whenever school time came around, adjusting schedules to match them was extremely tedious and difficult. I could go on and on but I’ll stop there.

Miserable. Don't give out enough hours to get work done, then get upset at you for not finishing the job of 4 people.

Worked there for 3 years, awful the whole time. Always understaffed and under-schedule for the amount of work required. Corporate has no idea how long it takes to stock, backstock, or do pulls. constant pressure to move at an unsustainable pace from the time you get there to the time you leave. Bathrooms always locked, lots of gossip and favoritism. Often expect you to cut corners to get things done quickly, but then yell at you if they catch you doing so.

Store needs better staffing and more realistic timelines.

First off the job is actually fairly relaxed in a way in terms of working. Compared to past jobs I have had it has been a lot more forgiving on me physically. That said, the store requires more staff. The way it currently is almost every department has the bare minimum of team members working which leaves management pushing incredibly fast timelines to complete tasks. More often that not it is unrealistic. I would only recommend working here if you can really use the work. Otherwise try looking elsewhere especially for better bay and not a slave wage.

Pros

Fantastic coworkers

Cons

Bad Management, Unrealistic expectations

Good atmosphere, friendly employees

I enjoyed working at target. There were many good things. The work was simple enough and I got to meet alot of great people along the way. Would highly recommend it. The only thing I'll say is the hours can range. But don't expect amazing hours. I got between 15-28 on average.

Pros

Good amount of breaks, fun, nice autosphere

Cons

Not many hours unless management

Ok

The environment depends on you and how you handle certain situations. Management is ehh but not much to say on that. Pay is reasonable and consistent so there’s that

Poor management horrible benefits

No communication, management barely does anything. I literally received 3 whole days bereavement pay after my mother died. I was expected to use my little bit of vacation time for the rest. This company does not care about their employees.

Cons

Barely able to take breaks, workload is insane, no AC in back, no support, barely any benefits

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Target?

Job varies from store to store

My particular location doesnt even have proper air flow, extremely hot in the summer, extremely cold in the winter, upper management is a joke, they dont care how understaffed we are and stretch us extremely thin. You can have great work ethic and perfect attendance and not get a 3/3 review. When we bring things up that we are unhappy about, we get told to quit or deal with it, there is a lot of favoritism in upper management. Overall, the people working here are very unhappy and it shows, we have lost half our staff and are currently struggling to hire anyone, if we do get a new worker, they leave within a week to a month.

Pros

Flexible schedule, 401k, health insurance

Cons

Work load too high for the pay, unappreciated, unsafe work environment

Good job for seasonal work- NOT long term

Overall the coworkers were very friendly and made it a great place to work. Admittedly though, if you are looking to stay for more than seasonal work expect less hours, more returns, more incoming stock, and less leniency. The work is mind-numbingly boring, and if you don't like to think or problem solve- This is the place for you! Overall not a bad job, just not one for growth or long term.

Pros

Extra pay on holiday weekends and free food in the breakroom on holiday weekends as well.

Cons

Overworked and NO room for advancement.

stressful with no support.

They really just work you until youre burnt out. They dont care about your mental health at all. Please do not work here unless youre not planning to make this your career. Only a teenager should work here.

Pros

Friendly, if they are not management.

Cons

No benefits unless you've been there 10+ years.

Poor Management and Overworked

Not a very fun place to work. The management was super strict, and the breaks were not enough to compensate for all the physical work you do. The pay was good, but other than that there's not much else to say.

High expectations low pay

I was working at target as a hardlines salesperson, and the entire time I was getting paid minimum wage, you’re not allowed to go over 40 hours, with the exceptions if you work a holiday Working as hardlines is probably the worst department you can get, because you’re required to be cross trained in electronics, and as a cashier, although you’ll be paid the least out of everyone in the storeSometimes you’re required to clean and organize unreasonably large sections of the store by yourself, and management will get mad when it’s not finished or as neat as they’d wantThere are super busy days we’re youre pulled from your post to be backup as cashier on the front end, but are required to still finish your sectionThis specific location had a “rule” where you’re not allowed to leave the store unless all of hardlines has their area put together as management likes; this often means you’ll stay even up to and hour and a half after your scheduled timeAt the time when I was working here there was a lot of obvious favoritism amongst management and departments And oftentimes I’d be scheduled to work 6days a week, but somehow I’d stay under 40 hours, meaning they’d only give short shifts, but since you have to work everyday it’s very difficult to make plans outside of workVery unpredictable work schedule, as you’re required to work whatever days are assigned to you And since the schedule is so random; it’s nearly impossible to get a second job, since you don’t know what hours you’ll be asked to work until someone posts them, these are never consistent .While working here I tried -

Pros

10% discount, which only really covers taxes

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, undervalued staff, unpredictable schedules, no benefits, have to deal with rude people

Decent Work Environment, could be more flexible

Decent work environment, manager was a little bit too relaxed when it came to safety. Pay was good and decent benefit. However flexibility when it came to scheduling was tough.

Good for college students

It’s a good job for college students, but very difficult to live on for adults. They have to keep you under 40 hours a week so only working 35 Ish hours isn’t enough to pay the bills. But the work itself isn’t too difficult, The only thing is they are always understaffed and it’s just really busy all of the time, especially during holidays. Management is really good, they are friendly and want you to succeed. But there’s way too much drama among the coworkers. I’ve seen a lot of people quit and get fired over gossip.

labor is too much.

The company has tightened up the general labor math and therefore requires being very fast on your feet. They get angry if you don't meet the deadlines set for everything that day. Whatever is left that you didn't finish on time is waiting for you the next day along with what you have to do that day.

Pros

free lunch during holidays.

Cons

health benefits for full time workers, Yearly raises around $0 to .25 cents, May be 35 cents raise after many years, Company claims raises are 2 percent., They don't like people with hearing disability, won't promote them.

Productive but overworked and difficult to move up

I’ve been at target for 1.7 years I was part time and was overworked to the point where I failed school. They don’t care about your life at home and expect you to do extra work for no pay increase. Some managers were understanding others expected you to live and breathe target. The work was was busy most days and managers never defended employees when a customer got in their face. Overall it can be a good job for someone who likes to stay busy but don’t count on getting the schedule you want.

Great and flexible place in the retail sector

It's a great place to work for and pays better than it's competitors. Far too progressive. Not a high change of promotions either due to lack of turnover in management fields.

Pros

Flexible hours, pay

Cons

Progressive

Good pay, ok workplace

Good pay, always boost pay rate however you dont get hours and management are more demanding on select employees. Working night shift will have you there well pass 12 am even if you have children. Dont really allow employees to communicate and will do everything they can to prevent it, even if management isn’t always readily available