Target

Target Employee Reviews

Found 62,603 reviews matching the searchSee all 62,605 reviews

fun workplace

We are the one who handle orders that need to review if valid or not. Receiving calls that asking why the order was cancelled. This is fun its because the calls that we received is less.

Pros

with attendance bonus

Cons

not weekends off

It's okay

All depends on your upper management and if they support you. Day to day tasks are easy enough. Target is very metric driven so you constantly have to keep pushing to be green. Management are very clicky and unprofessional and they always hire from outside the company to younger kids who have no idea what they are doing.

Hit or Miss

Every target is different so it depends on management. This is your typical retail job. I'd recommend if you're looking for a flex available schedule.

Cons

Customers

Very robotic

Very few employees seem happy. Management ignores you. Very little training for the amount of work that is required. Training is mostly on the computer.

Poor training

I don’t know if it was supposed to be like this but I received very poor training and was thrown to the wolves. They had me working completely alone on my second day. Maybe I was just expecting too much though.

Nice Work Environment Just Be Careful

I worked at target for 2 years in general merchandise. I pretty much did my own thing while working but it’s a lot of work. Most managers are hands on but can expect you to overwork with unreasonable deadlines/ Workload. Just try your best at a steady pace. Also don’t be afraid to speak to someone for help with personal accommodations HR was pretty good. They also accommodated Mh college schedule and was respectful of it.

Target is going downhill

Company was great, management was fantastic. Respectful place to work until covid. Now it’s all about money. They don’t care how clean or nasty the store is. They only care about money. Ashamed to work there now.

It's great at first, burns you out slowly.

I was there from the beginning of the holidays, and the end of August of Summer 2022. Had two decent front end TLs, but had one arrogant TL. However, HR was great. Really listened to me.However, benefits really sucked, though even for full time. They did care about mental health, and your health in general which was cool and very rare for a company to show support for that, so that would be a pro I guess.I got to experience the most busiest times of the years - holidays/xmas/and Summer. They really need to put in more people for drive ups, a lot of the time you'd be the only one managing the service desk, drive ups, AND phones and if you're old enough - over rides too because they hire young people that can't sell alcohol. So get ready for lots of multi tasking if someone goes to lunch. So short staffed because the turnover rate was insane.Didn't feel that appreciated because I got employee of the month, not one person even told me about it. So if this is going to be your FIRST job - Don't sweat it too much, be careful of what you say "YES" to, or they'll make you do it all the time.

Awful management

The wages were fine but my god, the management was dreadful. Managers were often cliquey and there was one in particular who would go out of her way to make employee's lives miserable. There were also issues with scheduling. I would submit my availability, only to be scheduled to work on the days I could not work. Due to a change in the store policy, the job I had been hired to do was eliminated and I ended up going from 40 hours a week to 9 hours a week but was expected to complete 40 hours worth of work in that time. The pay may be great, but the management, culture, hours, and workload are definitely not worth it.

Decent

The job was decent overall. The discount was ok. Nothing was wrong per se, it is retail so that can do a number on you the longer you stay there. It was hard to have a work-life balance during holidays.

They start at $15 and expect you to work like you're worth that much.

I can't say that I hate it here because I am only here to make money and they pay very well. I would not recommend working in certain departments, however, even when they ask. You are required to learn cashiering and fulfillment.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

Company going downhill

Honestly I loved my job at 1st. After the holiday season of 2021 my store went downhill and never recovered. Every issue slowly just got worse and worse up till I couldn't take it anymore. Good luck to any new people hired at this store. It's a nightmare now.

Miserable and not worth it

Expect to work full time hours even as a part timer. Don't expect any time off, schedule flexibility, or health benefits.A typical day is running around putting out fires and doing your best to make an understaffed team work.

High School Drama

The management sucks here. No room to advance in certain departments. Leaders only care for themselves. Pay was great and hours were good, but the store is ran horribly.

Terrible Management

Horrible store to work for. Do not work here if you’re looking for upward mobility, it is just a job. All the staff is constantly changing and there wasn’t a real connection with higher-ups in day-to-day operations.

target only want to do what bennfits them

Set work that they wanted, it does not include all the surprises that pop up though out the day. There plenty of them.The hardest part o the job, is dealing with all the different personality in the management group. Getting out of that environment and going home is the most enjoyable of the job

Pros

It all depends on the managers, some do help others can care less

Cons

It all depends on the managers, some do help others can care less

Easy Job With Bad Management (Mostly)

Be prepared to work any department of the store, you will cashier or pick orders no matter what you are scheduled as. Other than that the job is pretty good.

Lack of hours

I have worked here for a year and took me 6 months to get 40 hours a week . All of a sudden the company keeps cutting hours same week of schedule you are working

Customer service

Great friends made - easy paced environment not to stressful, however when peak hours like weekends occur it is a little frustrating regarding shift hours and managers expecting employees to work overtime last minute

Not bad

This job really wasn’t all that bad. I worked cashier so my biggest concern was the long hours on my feet. The managers and other coworkers are very nice. The schedule is fit to your needs and your availability.

Overall good company

Overall good company, good management and less pressure at work. Compensation is not competitive and hard to get promotion in job. Decent benefits nothing special.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Very little chances of growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits