Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Team Leader21 reviews
Philippines21 reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,580 reviews

Great colleagues

I stayed at Sykes Asia Inc. for years because of the friends I made there. They became my 2nd family for a long time. I was fortunate to have superiors who recognized my hard work and honesty. The training they provide to their employees is really helpful. I learned a lot from them.

Fun Workplace

The management is very much engage to activities outside work while promoting work and life balance. Management develops excellent working relationship with each every employee.

Pros

free rice and transportation allowance

Fun at work at the sametime.

Sykes is a pro employee company, takes good care an employee. Grateful enough from the benefits provided especially with my family. You will never worry should there be health issues at any moment as all is well. You can really focus your job as all basic amenities are well provided making the job location very homy.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

No Yearly Appraisal

good

the company was pioner in BPO industry in cebu during that time. i myself did not know what was BPO during that time. But since I handled Japnese account it was easy

Family like work culture

The team shares in the decision making. There is an open communication between supervisors and staffs. All employees get to know one another and we're given the opportunity to provide input and feedback.

Call Center Environment

BPO setting. Sends reports to managers on daily, weekly and monthly basis. Addresses HR and IT related concerns from agents. Gives profit sharing if the required KPIs are met.

Supportive In terms of development

I learned a lot of essential building block behaviors of a leader. The company provided me the tools I need in order to perform my job seamlessly....

Pros

Free Food

Exciting Sales Culture

Established BPO with good overall work benefits and accomodatinnstaff. Handles a team of sales agent. Difficulty in selling full vacation packages. Paid with commission per sale.

Pros

Happy working relationship with everybody.

Cons

Inability to sell other room available.

The work place is conducive to improving your craft, but the work load will prevent you from doing that.

The employees are friendly and the opportunity to learn is great. However, the workload will not permit you to improve your networking skills since it's all about closing tickets and reaching SLA's.

Pros

Cisco equipments at your fingers

Cons

No time to create lab scenarios because of workload

Sykes has a good training ground and very much agent centric. You will be able to grow in this company if you will be optimistic in other challenges. With Sykes, you will feel that you work as a family.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Payroll

A very fun work environment, feels like working with family

I started here on 2005 and ended 2014, almost a decade. Workplace was great and very good colleagues. Very friendly and accomodating HR personnel. If not for the compensationm and benefuts, I wouldn't leave this company..

Pros

Excellent employee and employer relationship.

Cons

Compensation and benefits.

Fun working environment

Giving a lot of details or information to me for my job. I have learned a lot of things on this company. They also provide extra training to the people who is in need of training with the positions they desired.

Pros

This is a perfect place to work

Cons

Low Salary

With sleeping area, nice pantry

I spend my typical day at work usually attending to client escalations and coaching agents. I handle 15 agents and need to manage them to ensure that the team would meet the targets set by the client. Am trying to balance out work and play for the agents by having fun activities that would not hinder their assigned tasks for the day.

Pros

High pay, shift schedule, team environment

Cons

Location, No retirement package

The Growth Opportunity

When I started a in the industry eight years ago Sykes Marketing Services Inc. is one of the company who gave a real opportunity to grow and realized my leadership skills. I started as a customer service representative and became an escalation officer after three months and a team leader after eleven months of taking calls. A typical day at work, starts with updating each agents stats, meet and greet every team members, assigning their seating arrangement and assisting them once the call starts coming in. All this and more has been part of the rewarding career and an amazing opportunity to lead a group of individual and advance their careers under my leadership.

Pros

Motivation, Leadership and Lots of Opportunity for Growth

Cons

Unnecessary Long Hours

Fun Workplace

One of the biggest in Call Center industry. Was able to learn management skills, they also focus on company growth and development.

Long working hours with fun people to work with and activities to really enjoy

1. An hour checking out emails, then call monitoring, floorwalk, coaching and data analysis. Recapping the day would be some short, fun chats with agents. 2. In this job, I've learned that patience is a virtue. Be positive at all times, keep smiling, and it will make life a lot less stressful 3. One of the best management teams I've worked with all my life, a team running the office like a household, where everyone plays an important role just like in a family. 4. Amazing, fun-loving people. There's never a dull moment with everyone. Work day is always a fun day. 5. Trying to motivate an agent who doesn't want help, and refuses motivation. These are agents who have personal goals outside the goal path of the account. 6. Company activities like the Sykes Games, the year-end party and the numerous team buildings where we get fulfillment with work-life balance.

Pros

comfortable workplace and a variety of free coffee

Cons

long working hours

Best Training Ground - Sykes Asia Inc

In Sykes, you get the best training there is when it comes to customer contact process. They bring out the best in you by providing necessary product training to be able to handle the support needed for each accounts.

Pros

Best benefits

Cons

Low pay

My Life at Sykes

My everyday consists of making sure that every associate in my team give the customers satisfactory service, check the quality of their service at the end of the day, and make sure to train all associates in case they need a refresher or update them on new promotions, etc. During my stay at Sykes, I have learned the ins and outs of the corporate world. How it differs from the government jobs, the other privately-owned call centres, as well as how it competes with the international market. Working at Sykes have helped me meet so many people in all walks of life. Different characters, different faces. All with one goal--to help out people in need. The hardest part of my job, as well as the most enjoyable one, is training the new agents and making sure that they give out 100% quality customer service to the clients. They may or may not come to learn everything at the same pace, but they motivate me into creating modules and activities that could suit their personalities, without jeopardizing the company's integrity and the hirees' knowledge of the product.

Pioneer BPO in the city & has a very good fish philosophy culture.

Fast-paced workplace but never misses to squeeze in fun for the people. It lives truly to its tag line --- Real people. Real Solutions, & that's to attend to customers' needs & ensuring that all issues are addressed & keep an end in mind that customer satisfaction keeps the real business going.

Pros

Teambuilding activities

Cons

Delayed incentives sometimes

encourage work life balance

the most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people and making their itineraries

Productive Account with Passionate people

I have been with Sykes for almost 8 years now. My stay has been very fruitful and as a supervisor, I have produced leaders out of my team. 80% of my original team is already promoted and with high colors on their new endeavors.I believe that an effective leader produces leaders as well.

Pros

passionate and hardworking people

Cons

not so strong management line

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits