status maritime

status maritime Employee Reviews

Philippines15 reviews
Salary / Benefits
I have been working at Status Maritme for 3 years.
Need to report on sunday if needed.

Friendly co-workers.

Free food.

The hardest part is when there is a urgent flight for a seafarer and they are not yet ready.
Pros
Free lunch
Salary / Benefits
To manage the deck crew ratings and teach of what procedure for deck job. And control everything the deck crew ratings. Derusting and Painting. And being competetive.
Pros
Approachable Staff
Cons
Too long waiting time
Salary / Benefits
Recruiting and evaluating new seafarers applicants .

Company is engage in recruiting seafarers and to be employed on foreign flag or owned vessels like Oil Tankers , Bulk Carriers and Containers.

There is no any incentives or any bonuses for your efforts like extra works and overtime works .

Jobs are in secured , as most employee were illegally dismissed for the grounds of suspected faults without any proofs.
Salary / Benefits
Daily routine allows me to mingle with different person from different walks of lives and learning a lot from their stories of overseas experiences.
Challenges occurs when crew are not cooperative in training but is healthy enough to envision adjustments and changes if necessary.

Since our group is quite small you get to know each and everyone from different department which makes the job easier.
Pros
working with rekatives
Cons
no overtime
Salary / Benefits
They have no proper rotation for the crew. Until now when i report in the office they still have no line up for me, so i decided to look for another company.
Salary / Benefits
Status Maritime is a good company to work with because they lead their workers to a better opportunity. Their doors and windows are open to all applicants.
Pros
On time allotment
Salary / Benefits
in behalf of my experienced as marine engr. it helps me about maintenance of machinery as what i learned. motivating to handle my people with harmony. respecting variuos races. the hardest part was being faraway from love ones. the most enjoyable part was by learning while working.
Salary / Benefits
I had just recently joined this company early last year(2016) wherein I was invited by the Greek principal thru my private e-mail whom he saw in one of online job finding website in the Philippines. He had invited me to join this company. We had agreed and had completed 1 contract with them and found this a good company that compensate their crew far better with my previous manning agencies in terms of salary.
Salary / Benefits
The company is a manning agency for a Greek vessels, they are the one endorse the seafarer to the Mangement office at Greece.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Contractual
Salary / Benefits
Status maritime is may manning agency in Philippines and my last vessel assigment was under Seaworld management base in Piraues Greece. It was a good company, good salary also for seaferers.
Salary / Benefits
Working with the above mentioned company is feeling great, both status maritime in manila and the principal in greece are approachable.
Salary / Benefits
-Days work at sea is quiete exciting and .Predictable due to weather conditions.
-Life at sea is not so easy when you are far away from home.

-Safety at work is the most important things to remember.

-Must to work as one team

-During cargo handling operations

-When all operations is completed.
Salary / Benefits
A routine typical job that needs proper knowledge and advancement needed to cope with the new technology. Management is a very challenging career that requires expertise on this field. A way in handling of my subordinates is very taskfull job that requires more patience and understanding, but nevertheless it is more challenging and compelling.
Pros
High paying career
Cons
away from loved ones
9am to 6pm daily work
- mondays to saturdays

- assisting proposed and approved crew

- friendly co-workers

- need to report in the office even on sundays if needed.

- free snacks most of the time
Pros
free chocolates, free snacks
Salary / Benefits
Salary is delayed for two months in the beginning of the contract which is the hardest part of the job.

There is no enjoyable part of the job.Communication is very poor on board the ship and there is no gym or fun workplace for ping pong table.
Pros
No gym and fun place to do some exercise.
Cons
Long hours during maneuvering is really terrible, after that while resting unexpected calls comes and in need for electrical trouble shooting