STARTEK

STARTEK Employee Reviews

Philippines341 reviews

Found 341 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,249 reviews

Colleagues, supervisors, and managers are very approachable. If you need assistance, they are always there to support you. Company events are also fun.

Pros

Company events and the people

Cons

Too much workload

Friendly

Startek was my first BPO company. I owed everything I learned from them. Although the salary is not very competitive but its ok for the first timer or fresh from BPO

Productive and fun workplace.

Employees are friendly and helpful, the environment was positive and upbeat, and the technology was up-to-date and efficient. I had the opportunity to work with a variety of customers, and I was able to gain valuable insights into the customer service industry.The company provided ongoing training and support, which was incredibly beneficial. I was able to gain a better understanding of the industry and develop my customer service skills. The management team was also very supportive and always available to lend a hand if needed. Overall, I had a great experience working in a BPO company. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a rewarding career in the customer service industry.

Pros

RNR Activities, Incentives

good for newbies in building & honing their skills, bad management.

I've been in the BPO industry since 2004. Here's what I can say...good for BPO starters, below average market salary, no salary increase when you hit the ceiling, very limited growth, very strong office politics, doesn't give feedback when you apply for promotions, the worst call center I've been through.

Pros

easy magenta LOB, has bidet

Cons

below average market salary, strong office politics, bias promotion, bed bugs, poor cybersecurity, moral code not being implemented, income centric company

This is my first BPO company and the best ever!

The pay here will satisfy you! I was a newbie in the BPO industry that time. My English skill is just a basic one. I don't even understand the customer when I took my first call. But my team specially the support and my supervisor was supportive. They'll let you make a mistake and patiently teach you after. Yeah, I became one of the top Sales Rep here. Sadly company got financial problem before and a lot of accounts were pulled in out. So I resigned 🙁. Now the company pulled through but I didn't go back because my home is too far from it and I'm ashamed applying again when I left when the company was down.☹️

Challenging yet productive and fun workplace.

The most challenging yet interesting part was dealing different kinds of people and learning so many things that are beneficial in life. I have learned that equipped people, equip people.

Competitive and Fun

Working in Startek is a little bit challenging but at the same time fun. You will meet different kind of people, the staffs are accommodating from the guards up to the management. You will learn a lot, you will learn how to interact with different people around the world. You will learn about the product as well. Startek is a good company that help employees to showcase their skills, potentials and talents.

good

You've been doing a great job lately. You're so talented at staying flexible on any project, which helps everyone on the team. You have grown so much in your role since starting here. Thank you for your hard work, and let me know if there is anything I can do to make working here better.

Pros

fefdc

Cons

fecasw

Fun workplace

This company is a good start for freshers that are planning to join the BPO industry, However the salary for the workload that you receive is not sufficient enough for the amount of fatigue and stress. The good thing is the work environment is really great and can be able to attain a massive knowledge and experience.

Fun workplace

I worked here for more than 7 years.Employees and management are kind and approachable.Basic offer is not high but workplace is good and the co workers as well.Regarding HMO,1 for you plus 2 dependents.

Family

amazing experience. fun environment and treats you like a family. workload is challenging but the pay may be lesser. i miss my friends there..........

Na

I learned a lot on my trainer but on my team leader, I learned nothing. He never teach us, and all he did was to complain. Salary was not that good…..and also the managemEnt sucks

Good Company

since its a shared service they have good salary and benefits. so much things to learn . Workmates are good and easy to reach out if you have concerns or problem regarding work.

Nice ambiance of pantry with enough drinks and coffee which I enjoyed.

I have worked here in a relaxed way as the perks are provided such as the free drinks of different flavors of coffee as well as juices and ice teas. There are good sleeping quarters. The ambiance of pantry is fine. I suggest the production area should have divisions for different teams. As for me, my stay here is just fine even though I experienced dissatisfaction on their leadership team.

Enjoyable and productive

Have a friendly environment. Helpful colleagues and supervisor. Approachable staff. Clean sanitation and organized. They provide all the benefits that there employee needed.

Pros

Free. Lunches

Cons

Overall, would not recommend a newbie to apply for a telco account.

Definitely learned a lot in the industry as a newbie and also my first job after graduating from college. There's always room for improvement in the company. I will forever cherish the experience and my former colleagues.

Pros

Free food during events. Free coffee/hot choco

Cons

Strict attendance policy Hard to acquire leave-needs to be a top performer

Old school processes, need more focus on process improvement and leadership development.

The process needs improvement and clear vision. Invest more on leadership development so they can promote more people internally. Benefits is very competitive in the industry for leaders but need to pay attention to agents comp and ben.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Processes and Leadership Development or succession planning

This is where I spent majority of my career - more than a decade

Awesome people - the bosses here are the most flexible and open minded ones. They will spend time listening to people (even the Karens)HR folks are the best - very dedicated and genuine

Very nice and friendly people around

I worked at Startek for 7years and I can say that it is the best BPO company you can imagine working with.From recruitment to production, you will encounter very professional people, jolly and most of all will treat you as a family.

Pros

Generous clients, free foods every week, unlimited incentives

Highly recommended

Good place to work but not competitive in salary. Compensation and benefits are good specially in HMO dependents. Lot of oppportunities to grow in a support level.

Good company but not so good HR

I worked here for 2 years and I really love the company. Low salary but the healthcard really helps me a lot. I also one of the beneficiary of WIN project for my son's funeral, they gave me a financial support and that really means a lot to me. I'm thankful for that. We have a very professional Supervisors too. We are working on blended account and a lot of LOB but the salary is still the same. But I stay, because the account are not toxic, it was a very easy account and a friendly colleagues. I decided to resigned because of some disappointments. The HR team didn't do their job well. Especially on the teams that handle the referral incentives. After 5 mos they advised that my referrals are not eligible for the referral incentives that was posted on their page. After a month I decided to resigned and reach out to the Company Director first before they gave my Valid referral incentives. After how many follow ups finally they gave me the referral incentives after I get my final pay.

Pros

Healthcard, WIN like charity project, Professional Supervisors, Friendly collegues, Free Swissmiss, Hazard Pay during Pandemic, Easy account, Paid OT's.

Cons

Referal incentives, Low salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STARTEK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about STARTEK in popular locations

• STARTEK