Southern Philippines Medical Center

Southern Philippines Medical Center Employee Reviews

Philippines55 reviews

Challenging, especially in terms of getting a permanent position.

It was my honor serving SPMC. I learned a lot in especially terms of work experience and ethics. I learned how to manage/handle different work related issues, met new friends and it had a great contribution in improving my skills while working with my co-employees.

Productive a lot of work Load in ICD10 Coding for InPatient & OitPatien

Working at SPMC helps me to work with Compassion, Commitment, competense, credibility & co-responsibility. These 5core Values Spmc taught me to be the best version of my self dealing with clients who needs my help.. It help me motivate and hard work in dealing different kinds of personality..

Pros

free Medical check up/ surgery/ meds for employees

A Government Hospital

A very busy workplace. The job is always hard due to the nurse: patient ratio. Big opportunities for career advancement. Also, Southern Philippines Medical Center is the biggest regional hospital in Davao City.

Inconsiderate work place

They will not consider your request especially if you have mental health crises. The more you request the more they will decline and put on you in uncomfortable area.

Pros

Free health benefits especially if you are admitted or family members

Cons

Long hours of work and endorsement. No overtime pay.

excellent

the best hospital and the largest hospital in the Philippines. in this institution you encounter different culture, traits and tradition, because this Hospital caters largest part of the Philippines (whole Mindanao)

Professional Working Space

The institution creates a professional working space for every employee. Though there are times that some of my suggestions were not taken constructively, but then again, may rating would be 'fair'.

Pros

Free Travels

Cons

Head and Managers does not accept creative suggestions.

excellent place to improve and develop skills

The work and the work place was very challenging. It needs constant improvement to be able to keep up with the works' demands. Being in contact with diffent people will surely honed someone communication skills, problem solving skills and stress management skills

Pros

security of tenure

Cons

long hours, health hazard

I’m happy at my work but i felt underpaid

I’m happy at my work. I love my fellow medical technologist. I felt so underpaid in my job and i wanted to move on and find another workplace where i can sustainy needs

productive and competent workplace

Southern Philippines Medical Center is a very busy institution covering a lot of fields but makes sure its personnel are given chances to advance competencies.

Medical Technologist Intern

As an intern, I learned a lot from my experience there. The staff were very accommodating and where very generous in giving merits when we have performed well on duty.

Pros

Challenging and great Experience

Cons

Stressful because of the work load

Fast-paced, healthy working environment

We have to collect different bodily samples from different people. We process each specimen and give results afterwards. I learned the value of patience and time-management.

Excellent hospital

A fast-paced Hospital. Need to focus on each job. Excellent for a training and an employment. The skills you will learn can be applied abroad, you will learn a competitive skills like no other.

A good place to work and learn more.

Overall working experience is fantastic. Good compensation and benefits working in the Philippines. Management is eager to listen and accept suggstions from employees.

warm and welcoming environment

The workers are very warm and accomodating to the patients. I worked with different types of patients such as children, pregnant women and geriatric patients.

Great company

Was not an employee in this company but an intern. And in my current job this company is our customer, I can say as an intern and a dealer in this company is should apply for this company, it offers good salary/benefits and compelling job security.

good place to hone your skills as a nurse

A typical day at work consist of interacting with the patients assigned, carrying out doctors orders, do primary nursing and working slong with fellow nurses and nursing attendants. I learned how to be more compassionate with patients specially that the area I was assigned in deals with cancer patients. With a very capable head nurse to oversee operation, work and productivity is always accomplished in a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is losing a patient from cancer and the most enjoyable part is seeing cancer patients get better, able to do the things they love and be with their loved ones.

Pros

airconditioned unit

Cons

short breaks

Increase workload with less benefits

Increase workload without proper compensation to the worker. The bonuses is not enough to the health workers. There is no security of tenure. Hope they will improve

Pros

Cons

Imbalance compensation

Productive, very busy, fast paced, fun workplace

a very busy, toxic, hectic, fast paced and fun work place. a great place to learn and practice nursing and other fields of medicine. a busy day is a typical day at work, everything is busy, everybody is in rush mode but a busy day at work will always be fun if you're learning and that's what i experienced, i learned a lot from my co-leagues/nurses and doctors alike. SPMC is like a training ground and more like a stepping stone to pursue more to your dreams and the ever-wanted "greener pasture" of the outside world. the training and knowledge that SPMC provides is worth the stay of ever-fast-paced workplace. the hardest part of the job is always the nurse:patient ratio , for SPMC is a tertiary hospital that caters a 1,200 bed capacity and to which wards are over populated and nurses are out numbered by clients' census.

Pros

salary grade

Cons

extended work hours

productive workplace

I have only been working in this institution for a year now but it has been a long ride for me. I barely noticed the passage of time while I serve the community. The overall experience has been fun filled with lots of learning as well. The only hardest part of work being an employee is having to face large volume of patients since this is a government hospital. Time management and decision making have been developed as I went through my journey here. My colleagues have been helpful especially when I have just started the OR set up wherein I had no prior experience.

Pros

free seminars with CPD units, good benefits

Cons

slow progress in hiring

its a government hospital, always busy

its a government hospital, not conducive for recovery of the patients. its always busy and fast paced environment. the nurse patient ratio is not ideal.

Promotes healthy lifestyle to employees through free zumba and yoga sessions.

You get to be used to deal with the workload as time goes by. Management needs more improvement. Promotes healthy lifestyle to employees through free zumba and yoga sessions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Philippines Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits