Southeastern Freight Lines

Southeastern Freight Lines Employee Reviews

Good job security,great pay,good benefits

Great folks to work with and management is good to work with you if you have any problems. Pay is good and great job security. Excellent equipment....

Pros

Good wages, management works with employees when needing time off, good well maintained equipment with a lot of terminals having 24 ho ur on-site garage.

Cons

Short breaks, rushed lunches & no set hours to work.

It can be an easy job but you can also feel overwhelmed.

You have your good days and your bad days. The supervisors were great, well majority of them. They’ll try to help you so that you don’t fail and some just seem to slack off. The job can be easy but can be hard as well. The great thing about it, well at least as a billing specialist, you don’t get to deal with customers. You have the opportunity to just listen to music, podcasts, or whatever else that pleases your ears, while you work.

Cons

Can be super long hours.

Used to be fun

Not the company it used to be for sure. All that matters are making the numbers look right. Drivers,customer, and dock workers do not matter anymore.

Great company

Loved my time at SE, I just needed to get closer to my adult children. Great pay, benefits and paid time off. I went from being a driver in 2000 to a regional manager in 2016. This company is great about promoting from within.

Management was fair and had even expectations of everyone. The hours are tough but the people are good to work with. Always fast pace and sometime hard to manage dock if behind.

Job security!

Overall love my job and looking forward to many years with this company. They’re definitely not perfect but one of the best trucking companies I’ve been with so far.

Family Business

I loved working there. It was very few days that I didn't want to go to work. And those were around the days I lost my brother, dad, and mom. But SEFL is like family. It was hard for me to have to resign for declining health. SEFL is the best place I've worked all my life.

lines is a fun place they have goals to meet and also they Do everything by seniority and try to meet this year that you want to work

Southeastern freight lines is a fun workplace to work for they have a lot of goals and we do meet a lot of goals First goal is to satisfy the customer

fantastic company

Great company, great culture and amazing senior leaders. Compensation is fantastic for hourly associates and great for salaried associates. Great career progression - mobility helps. Overall, wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

The Company itself is good but the people they put in place of management suck

The people they have in place in management suck. They care more about numbers and close times than they care about their employees. The company is good but they should listen more to the drivers and dock workers.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Southeastern Freight Lines?

Will work you into ground

Expects you to work 9-10 hour, 6 days a week and working split shifts on Sunday, great pay but you’ll have no life and when you get tired they’ll treat you like your lazy, Also you’ll most likely never become a drive if your terminal manager doesn’t like you

Pros

Pay and insurance and vacation

Cons

Long hours, no life, no breaks or lunches

Great company. Live the culture

I’ve only been on board for about six months and I love the environment and the values of the company. It seems like everything has been thought out and tweaked so that the company can be ran like a real ltl company should be. Helpful friendly management and coworkers. I should’ve done this a long time ago

Good pay but high expectations

Overall, the pay is great for the job. The down side is that you have to pick up the slack for the lazy drivers. This means finishing your 15-20 stop day and having to drive to another city to help a slacker. Don’t expect respect from leadership. Just clock in, get paid, and clock out.

Great environment

Management is great but beginning pay isn’t the best. Highly recommended working here. They will always respect you as a person/ employee and your opinion matters to the company.

What is the best part of working at Southeastern Freight Lines?Great pay and the best management I have ever had.What is the most stressful part about working at Southeastern Freight Lines?Dangerous machinery in a fast-paced environment. What is the work environment and culture like at Southeastern Freight Lines?Excellent, I got along with pretty much everyone and it is very welcoming. What is a typical day like for you at Southeastern Freight Lines?A typical day involves coming in, checking your equipment, and being assigned a trailer to pull freight from. You work until all of the freight on the dock is moved to the right trailer and then the dock is cleaned every night.

Very good place to work

I been at Sefl for over 6 years. It’s a family owned company they care their employees.Pay is good mid $30 for shop mechanics. Benefits are good. And they have never had a lay off. Overtime is usually available all year longs.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

If you kiss the managers but you'll go places.

Im this company, it's who you know that you're able to advance your career. Same issues always occur every 60 to 90 days. Nothing gets fixed and they just kick the can down the road.

What is the best part of working at Southeastern Freight Lines?Pay and medical coverageWhat is the most stressful part about working at Southeastern Freight Lines?Long hours

Great job

Great job they really care. They will allow you to work as much as you desire and also give you the time you need of to take care of your family and self.

Cons

Listen to your employees/Long hours

You lost a lot of good employees due to your company being money hungry and only discussing how much you make rather then putting money towards a better billing system. Many long nights 11-12 hours with no understanding of why are were tired or why people called in? No life balance, hours are very hard if you have a family. Only good thing, insurance is really good.

What is the best part of working at Southeastern Freight Lines?They are loyal to employees, and have never done layoffs.What is the most stressful part about working at Southeastern Freight Lines?If you work in Data Entry, the work is a constant grind.What is the work environment and culture like at Southeastern Freight Lines?It's a bit conservative, with religious elements.What is a typical day like for you at Southeastern Freight Lines?You never know when you can leave at night.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeastern Freight Lines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Southeastern Freight Lines
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?