South Star Drug, Inc.

South Star Drug, Inc. Employee Reviews

Philippines139 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Nice for fresh grad RPhs but not for long term except for those who are really passionate to work in a community setting.
Promotion is fast but salary upgrade is quite not good.
Pros
Good colleagues, Co-workers have nice attitude at work, career growth
Cons
Lack of manpower, Unpaid overtimes, Poor management of staffs
Salary / Benefits
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you’ve done your part as a merchandiser and also by giving a good customer service to our valued customers that will leave them a smile. I am proud that i work in a company with such a long history of leadership in the industry. This is one of the company where you can showcase your skills and enhanced your prospect. I learn a lot of things during my days at ssdi lucena branch. Such as reading and dispensing presption and otc’s drug.
Pros
The expences for transportation during trainings and seminars is reimbursable
Salary / Benefits
There's always salary discrepancy.. over time are not paid.. management takes slow action on issues wether on customers or employees..a lot of out of stock products..
Salary / Benefits
SSDI was the training ground that exposed me to everything I knew today. This company made me realized that working under pressure will you to a more productive persona.
Pros
A lot of Learnings
Cons
Long Hours
Salary / Benefits
Not in a good environment. No division of work. Co- workers are not good at teamwork and effort. When i tried to concern about this to the head office, they didnt do anything to solve the issue. the system is not good. Unhealthy workplace
Salary / Benefits
Workplace culture is nice. Employees are nice, and very understanding. There are a lot of idle moments especially mid-day since there would only be a few customers.
Salary / Benefits
My work schedule varies from day to day. It was a stressful work because there’s a lot of customers buying medicines but I see to it that I always give the best of what I can to serve them. It was quite tiring but enjoyable because at the end of the day, there’s a lot to be thankful and learned for. I have workmates whom I considered as my friends also.
Salary / Benefits
Always had a long break when lack of employees.no overtime pay .So many charges .Payslip sometimes didnt give to employees.toxic company .Low salary...
Pros
Near in my place
Cons
No overtime pay
Salary / Benefits
you must be keen to details in terms of dispensing medicines and in tendering cash and change to avoid short/over. Training /Seminars to equip in full to face challenges.
Salary / Benefits
- Amazing management and considerable duties given by departments.
- Very accommodating in terms of employee leave reasoning and employment promotions

- Gives employees wide range of education to enhance designated position (Annual seminars and training)
Salary / Benefits
I learned more about medicine, I learned how to handle the customer behavior.The hardest part of my job when dealing with un professional customer, shifting schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job when the customer appreciated my service.
Salary / Benefits
Attends customer needs and gave them satisfaction. I learned also to be more patient. Working in Southstar was well balance in life and work. It was a good learning experienced.
Salary / Benefits
An effective company summary should give readers, such as potential investors, a quick and easy way to understand your business, its products and services, its mission and goals, how it meets the needs of its target market, and how it stands out from competitors.
Salary / Benefits
Convenient and trusted store. May not refer anybody cause of the salary charge and not satisfied by there working schedule to be held. Some of the salary deducted not applied in your payslip.
Salary / Benefits
I learn more things and I share my ideas in our work for growth and development. The hardest part of job is to leave your workmates. The most enjoyable part of my job is when you where sharing your ideas to people for developing our company
Salary / Benefits
South Drug is one of the largest drugstore chains in the Phillipines as a Accounting clerk (Taxsection) its a pleasure to be work in this company , South star Drug operate several store concepts from stand alone dedicated pharmacies to stores inside supermarkets and pharmacies with self service convenience sections
Salary / Benefits
Being a graduate of Tourism,Hotel and Restaurant Operations to be part of a pharmacy is a big part for me because they weren't hired you though your background isn't part of the job inside their company.But your capable working on their company.
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work revolves around designing store layouts and basic estimation. Office hours starts at 8am and ends at 6:30pm, five times a week. So far, I've learned so many things, specifically on the technical side and how to operate different softwares. People are fun to work with and I think dealing with these different types of people are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Salary / Benefits
I worked here as a pharmacist for almost a year. I worked alongside pharmacy assistants who not only felt like they knew they way around the pharmacist but felt superior because of their tenure. The management needs to do something about the lack of training of the employees and common courtesy. No training was done for the newly hired and I personally witnessed workmates still hungover from drinking the night before.
Salary / Benefits
For me to work in south star is okey,.im happy to work the company eventhough its too far for me,so i decided to resign,because the head is not giving me a chance to work near in my place,.so that i so dissapointed..
Pros
Provide your own meals..
Cons
Tme-time..
Salary / Benefits
Im am kind ,lovable,patient ,and willing to work in the company im hardworking person ,industrious , honest ,and i know i cando it only have to do in every work is challenge accept it many employee have diff attitude