Sony

Sony Employee Reviews

Philippines40 reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,065 reviews

Most Ethical Company

Culture was great. Provides trainings for continuous professional development. Has a lot of engagement activities. Management look after the welfare of the people l.

Long working hours

Fun workplace since hr has been very creative with employees engagements. Training opportunities for everyone. So many parties for sales and marketing.

Pros

Healthy lifestyle benefit, Medical coverage, Tools of the trade issuance, Travel insurance

Cons

Long hours of work (up until midnight), No work life balance, Poor incentive scheme

Management is full of micromanagers, old-school thinking in marketing

It looks fast-paced but only because everything is rushed because managers (especially top management from Philippines to Singapore to Tokyo) are micromanagers but don't know what they want so you're always revising plans and reports. The bosses don't get digital/online, very old-school. Not aggressive at all.

Pros

Lots of benefits, nice and understanding officemates

Cons

long hours, long and unproductive meetings, numerous reports, old-school mindset, limited staff for lots of workload, slow promotion, processes are very long and tedious

Most Ethical Company

Culture is great Work Life Balance Open communication / Transparent Management care for the people Gives out training for your Professional Development. Conducts Engagement Activities

quality and you gain more knowledge working here repairing devices so challenging

i work here only for our OJT, i have been experience how to repair devices sony is the who are the famous and quick level up because quality of sony so sensitive thats why devices is not easily damage..but, when it comes for ordering parts is so very slow that why the customer always angry to us because of this happen.

It a fun workplace and learned a lot of new things.

It was great and fun to work with Sony Global, considering that was my first time to work in a shared services for finance. There were a lot of new things that I learned from this company, we have been trained in our HQ Los Angeles,California for 3 months. The knowledge transfer was successful because we only encountered minor challenges while doing the transition. It is pity to say that the company's operations had been ceased because of Management's direction. However, I really enjoyed my journey with Sony because aside from the additional knowledge towards my job, I also gained new friends.

I wish it will still operating .. (shared-service)

Honestly Sony is my favorite company among the three companies I've worked with, they had a different culture and cool office compare to the different companies. Management is very supportive in every talents they've acquired how I wish the shared service is still operating up to now.

Pros

All is perfect except for workload

Cons

long hours of travelling

Productive and fun workplace with focus on work-life balance

Sony is a productive work place with focus on work-life balance. There is a strong emphasis on fostering a positive working environment for the employees through different rewards and recognition programs and social activities.

Pros

Medical coverage including family

Cons

Job stability

Company is good in terms of salary and benefit. We have work life balance. I stayed in this company for 5 years.

SGBS is one of company that I really stayed for long. I don't have any reasons for leaving except that the termination of contract for employees due to outsourcing of our process to India.

Pros

Free coffee, water, hazzard pay for working in night shift

Fun Workplace where you will get to know more about consumer electronics.

Sony has been one of the best things that happened to my work experience as it has helped me a lot when it comes to being an efficient salesman of consumer electronics products.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Low basic salary

Productive and fun workplace

This company name SONY known as famous industry in the world,being part of their company is one of my privilige to work here because all the staff,co worker and the management was friendly,cheerful and down to earth they love their employee well they are so supportive i will not forget this company for being a part of their growing business and my contract will be last on december 31,2018 i will be miss working here i love this company they are respectful to their employee i love sony forever😊

Pros

Free internet allowance and other benefits

Cons

productive in factory assembly side

Production site : worked in a short period of time but it's a family oriented atmosphere and more on technical production phase . Engineering department has full potential in terms of growth and experience .

Pros

relaxed office environment setting

Cons

limited career growth (office side)

Working with friends.

• Mainly handles the operational and control aspect of Front Desk Representative. • Create ideas to enhance the service for the customer. • Attend to customer queries through (Calls, E-Mails and Walk-in Customer). • Focused on customer complaints, because it is the key in business competencies. • Well-versed in communicating customer in different situations. • Coordinate with Marketing and Sales Department regarding issues and improvements. • Conceptualize/Analyse possible solutions to the problems and discuss them to the superiors. • Conduct interviews and surveys to the customer to identify the requirement of the business. • Provide education to another member to handle a customer complaint. • Learned to generate the concerns of the customer. • Ensure that all queries are answered correct, accurate, and closed transaction accordingly. • Ensure all data or information gather from customer are correct and accurate. • Monitors company assets. • Support other CSR in his/her absence. • Reports to Immediate Superior. The hardest part of working as a contractual is we are always outcast with the regular employees. The most enjoyable part is we get discounts for purchasing Sony Philippines products.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

contractual employee

productive and fun workplace

i feel happy when i teached those filipinos who dont have knowledge in japanese what work will they do in a day of their assigned work.thank you so much.

Productive and work life balance

In My 3 yrs stay here at Sony, i must say this company is very commendable in many aspects such as work-life balance from work to non-work it really satisfying they also providing lots of training for the development of their people even the management reach out with their staff to valued their contribution to the company.

Pros

Health Card extended to family

Cons

Salary compensation and benefits needs an improvement.

This company has a very good management and there also have a very nice supervisors that can guide you when you are in the field and there also has a very good trainors

Pros

Free Lunches

productive

work as technician in sony is good but very far from family so i decided to resign and apply a new job at near and get a new job so if you hire me i do my duty and responsibilities in this company.

Pros

Cons

8hours

Productive management

Sony is very fair in giving salary its a good company where you can improve yourself as a person. They provide benefits for staff and incentives. Best company.

Enjoyable when giving ideas and information about my product.

My everyday work is challenging because of new persons that i met although I'm demonstrating them the same demo that I've learned from training and because of that my customers service skill had more aggressive in more active. The management of where i am previously work is not that good because of our store has many issues. My co-workers are fun to be with in our workplace or in outside, we had teamwork in selling our products. Actually my job before in not that hard because everyday my job is like carousel, we do the same way. The enjoyable part of my previous is when i give my customers information's and ideas about my products.

Great working environment for growth

It's a very exciting place to work day by day. Everyone's looking to help others to grow and contribute for the company. Driving work life balance for every employee by developing efficiency.

Pros

Monthly budget fostering for every employee

Work life balance and good company

A great place to work with. A lot of trainings and activities that company provided to its employees. My manager is very trustworthy and knows how to handle people and their professional needs.

Pros

Work Life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits