SM Development Corporation

SM Development Corporation Management reviews

Philippines120 reviews
Salary / Benefits
People working there always render overtime. If you will not render overtime then the management will hate you. It's offering a salary higher than the minimum though so it's fine than the bank but you can learn a lot from the bank so I guess bank is better but well, it's a good foundation to work in SM then look for a better job after.
Typical day at work:
- 9am to 6pm

What you learned:

- As my first company, I learned how to be proficient in MS excel, Customer Service skills, SAP and learned how to Sell, how to deal with different types of clients, also learned how to inspect a unit in the eyes of a Buyer or an Engr.

Management:
- Good

Workplace culture:

- SMDC peeps are really a Good Guys. Colleagues are all warm and you can treat them as your second family

Hardest part of the job:

- Irate clients

Most enjoyable part of the job:

- Activities (Sports fest, Halloween Trick or Treat, Christmas Party, Running Club)

- Benefits like SLA!!!
Pros
Christmas Basket
Cons
increase
Salary / Benefits
The company and work is very good unfortunately i belong to an unprofessional team. My manager has a bad attitude and our Head have a favoritism. Not equal to all her subordinates.
Pros
Stable company and manageable work
Cons
Unprofessional superior
Salary / Benefits
Beware of "The Good Guys!" so you won't fall into their trap.

So much politics that you can no longer perform your job properly and honestly.

There are far more better places out there which you deserve than this!
Salary / Benefits
Great management with very friendly colleagues. SMDC is highly commendable relevant to customer service. People are more than willing to help each other up.
Salary / Benefits
I'm the one who process the booking of my agent. I learned how managed all the rush paper works. The management is Good but salary is not. The culture there was very competitive because we have a big target quota that can hit by yearly because it will based the incentives of my agent it gives to me more pressure.
Salary / Benefits
For six months that I worked here I've learned a lot of things in this company like marketing sales, bookings, to enhance my skills to entertain the client and my microsoft skills, and also my knowledge about business they took me a lot of ideas, It's fun to have an experience like this. As a newly graduate i feel lucky that my first job is in the office. The management is such a good influence on me they assist the employee well and especially the client. Even when the hardest time comes they always think positively and they can do all their wants. As i've said,the hardest part of the job for me is when the more sales comes but it gives a challenges to do my multi tasks well.
Pros
free foods
Cons
8 hours
Salary / Benefits
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
meeting different people everyday
Cons
helthcard, job security
Salary / Benefits
long hours work and also working 6 days a week.
I've learned a lot of things there as a property specialist but unfortunately there's a lot of instances that my manager give a favor to someones' importance ( Favoritism ) in short.
The management and the company is good enough to all employee. I like the workplace. The hardest part of it when times we do documentation itself without knowing. The most enjoyable part is when we I close a lot of deal with the client and also bonding with my team mates.
Pros
food tripping and bonding
Cons
Long hours of work and too far from my home
Salary / Benefits
I live at Valenzuela City. From our house to Mandaluyong City where i was assigned, i need to wake up early and got home late because my shift started at 07 am- 07 pm or vice versa. I worked for night shift and morning shift, our shift changed every 2 weeks. As a CCTV operator, I need to have the strong personality so I can handle people and for them to see my capability. I learned to be a good team player and understand how to manage your social life to adapt in different people around me, to be humble and to know how to please the customers and client, and enhance my leadership skills, my communication skills and to be matured to understand things around us. I need to be vigilant at all time since i am the eye, the heart, the controller and the connector of the security team. I need to know what are happenings within my area, all areas that the cameras can see. I gain self-confidence and knowledge about the security industry. I was assigned in different places, 5 different condos since i was the most knowledgeable operator to train a new operator for different condo. The management was great and awesome, they are very approachable but strict, which i believe is a must. The hardest part is the travel, i don't have enough rest because of my travel time. I spent almost 5 hours for back and forth and it was so tiring. The most enjoyable part is the training, i learned how to handle and use guns and i loved it, the martial art training, the seminars and also the bonding with the co-worker. Since, were working for 12 hours a day, we have more time to bond than our own family while - more...
Pros
Cons
mandatory overtime
Salary / Benefits
Changing of management really affects the employee.
Benefits are okay, but the increase of salary is a bit no no.

workplace s indeed a good and co-workers.
Salary / Benefits
Performed clerical tasks such as filing documents, facsimile, scanning and answering phone calls, Reviewed and Encoded Contracts to sell to provide sales of Condo Units, Handled problematic accounts of clients through Customer Relationship Management, Managed dispatching of contracts
Pros
Bonus plus the treats from bosses
Cons
8 hours per day plus overtime
Salary / Benefits
Reviewing Documents is very critical work, it requires a lot of focus and needs to understand every detail indicate in the papers.Productive, time management is the best in this field of work.
Pros
make me more brilliant
Cons
overloaded of work
Salary / Benefits
My work at SM Development starts at 9am and ends at 6pm however, we usually extend our working hours until 8pm. At SMDC, I have learned how to deal well with different types of people, how to communicate and address the needs of the Customers both internal and external. The Management has been very supportive to the employees and my co-workers are fun and approachable.

The hardest part of the job is during month end when we have to achieve and ensure that we have reached our monthly targets. At the end of the day, it will always be fun to learn that we have gained new friends and continue to learn while working through the experience we encountered during the day.
Pros
Bonus and Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
Salary / Benefits
A well established company with a good job security and career advancement. The Management is more of an pro company rather that pro workers which tends to be very strict in terms of policies and procedures.
Pros
Job security and retirement
Cons
Chinese method of Management
Salary / Benefits
- Looking/hunting for possible buyers and successfully close out a real estate sale.

- I have learned to become confident to talk to other people especially the rich ones, how to negotiate based on the terms and know more legalities regarding real estate.

- Management is good but poor back office.

- Co-workers are tough competitors. At the end of the day, all of us have the common goal, to successfully close out a real estate deal.

- Hardest part of the job is to reach specific individual quota. Selling a Property isn't easy as it gets.

- Dine out and celebrations, and successfully closing out the sale. Also the relationship built with the buyer/client.
Pros
Very Good Compensation
Cons
Long hours of work, specially working on holidays
Salary / Benefits
My stay in the company has been one of the toughest experience of mine. The everyday work is high-volume since that is really the nature of the activities there but it is really fulfilling. At the end of the day, you will see that you have achieved something you didn't even think you can. Adding up to the god point of the management is that they allow you to do your tasks your own way without suffering the effectiveness of the entire department. My stay in SMDC was pleasant and it thought me things that i could bring to my next engagement and endeavors.
Pros
Management allows you to grow and develop
Salary / Benefits
a typical day would be at the booth in a big mall. we give fyer to common people that may have or may will be interested with property investment. we talk to several/different people and show them what we can offer for them. we impart knowledge about property investment and the feasibilityof its return of investment with property or by let it be least when not in used.we also get a chance to know them more when ever we have event specifically organize for them to have fun and enjoy. Client usually event sometimes invite to have a trip/vacation/lunch out/ dinner event site viewing with me/us. this job gets you to know so many diff people, diff in life status, age, raise and event culture. you'll learn to more flexible and be very verse to diff individual you can and you would encounter every day. the management of the company is very organize and you can easily raise your confirn/s event with client/s concern. co- workers will always be co-workers. the same.. sometimes you'll have bad days with them, but most often its fine and of course were been enough to know each common attitude. the enjoyable part of the job is you can work hard very day but you also get chance to chill, party at night sometime event our client inssist to come with us or go with them to have fun and chill.
Pros
Free lunch, event dinner and tranpo
Salary / Benefits
We inspect units if the third party have endorsement for inspection (hallway, common areas & units). We also estimate how much it cost if the Unit Owner punchlisted some items that are not part of our rectification job. The management are good, they've given the employees the chance to learn and be more productive in everything we do. My co-workers are my learning team, we share different ideas on how to make our work easy and have quality. Our given job are manageable, on how to connect with the contractor so that the given rectification or punchlisted items will be ready after our inspection or one day after. All part of the work are the most enjoyable, we learned to connect with different client & employees. "Make your learnings be greater than your experience."
Pros
Free Snacks, Time management
Salary / Benefits
Have to check the daily Staff report if the post dated checks maturing that day are credited in the company's account in 4 banks and have to cancel official receipts issued for bounced checks and emailed banks for some problematic checks encountered.

This is one learning experience for I got to communicate with bank's executive and know some of their online banking systems and technology.

Management has an organized hierarchy wherein we know when and to whom problems encountered can be addressed to. Strict in attendance and absences. They keep on developing our communication skills.

The hardest part of the job,for me here is we have to think to enhance/improve our process system.

We have a good camaraderie and work relationships with one another in the office. We help each other for the good of the company.

The most enjoyable part, I should say, is learning every new technology in the workforce.
Pros
Getting a corporate discount in selected restaurants.
Cons
Long hours of work sometimes.
* Monday to Saturday, days at work
* I learned to deal with different types of clients/customers, projects presentations to a group of people local and abroad, and events planning and execution in Europe.

* Their management is fine
* My co-workers are okay
* The hardest part of the job for me was the location from my house. It takes me more than two hours to travel going to work and three hours going home.

* The most enjoyable part of the job was given an opportunity to travel