SM Department Store
View all SM Department Store reviews

SM Department Store

SM Department Store Employee Review

High spirited employees

Fast paced, offers training with good salary, and suppotive management. Free water. Nice chapel and recreation areas. Good discounts for employees as well.

Pros

Fast recruitment process

Cons

Redundant reports and work overload

4.0 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Professionalism

I have handled almost all areas in accounting department for my eight years of service. I learned a lot and met several people. It's a good working foundation.

No time for recreation

A typical day at work is doing my day to day routine. Processing inventory transactions to the system and filing supporting documents properly. I have learned that you have to be patient in your job and have to complete the task on time because accounting information is necessary for business operations progress. I have learned that you should meet management expectations and deliver reports timely in order to be useful in business operations. The hardest part of my job is being a CPA because my colleagues are not CPAs they seem to think of you differently and expect more from you even the job is simple. They expect more even there is nothing to be expected because it is purely clerical. The most enjoyable part of my job that even my colleagues think of me differently, I accepted the challenge and I have meet the expectations of management.

Pros

There is no free lunch but the canteen is accessible, saves time

Cons

No health care and break is short, no time for recreation or rest.
Same role

Productive, Professional and enjoyable work place

Just like a typical day at work, doing day to day transactions just like auditing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SM Department Store. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits