Slalom Consulting

Slalom Consulting Employee Reviews

Good company to start and gain experiense

- Good people and Work/life balance are good- Work is a different project to project since it's a consultant company. you may end up with a project with a tech stack that you know less

Growth Opportunities and Care for Employees

Pros:1. Growth opportunities and proper alignment to roles2. Desired check-ins from Management to ensure things are going smoothly from Client and employee3. Support learning opportunities Cons:1. Would appreciate better benefits 2, Scheduled salary increase

Great company to work for - organically grows and provides path for advancement

Builds a great culture that is employee and client focused. Plenty of opportunities to grow and expand with new service lines. Progressive company with employee ownership opportunitites. Best company I have ever worked for.

Pros

employee focused - keep the employee happy, they'll keep the clients happy.

Cons

lots of local commutes (pre-covid)- tougher in socal with long distances between clients

Great culture

They have a great culture and really care about their people. They are big on inclusion and diversity and have a lot of social events. You really do have the opportunity to create your own career path.

Internal Leadership Role

May not reflect the consulting side of the business, but it's an absolute mess internally. The executive suite is wholly focused on growth and revenue at the expense of internal organizations. Within the first month manager said, "Don't trust anyone from other teams." There are some exceptional people internally, but in many cases you will not have a leader that has the experience, background, and skillset to lead a productive team. One of the worst experiences in a 15 year career, which includes Amazon.

Cons

- Actual culture does not align with the culture they project, awful work life balance (14+ hrs, weekends), no support from leaders, more time spent on politics than deliverables, death by consensus, absence of capable leaders

The people are beyond amazing and the work is interesting

Everyone I have worked with since joining the company has been nothing but engaged and completely competent. The work I have been able to engage with has been challenging, rewarding, and overall fun.

Great culture even better opportunities

Awesome place to work and thrive. Great management all the way to the CEO. Culture is very inclusive and diverse. Great communication and vision provided by leadership.

Good Work Life Balance, Feels like Company cares about me and my growth

Nice place to work, I feel like I learned a lot about consulting and honed some people skills but not enough technical growth at times. The work life balance is pretty nice and I generally don't feel super stressed usually but it depends on the project you get put on.

Pros

Good Work Life Balance, My Manager Cares About me

Cons

Career Growth not Great, Staff Augmentation

New challenges everyday!

I am glad I worked at Slalom Consulting. It is fun place and great place to work. Management are very helpful and they go the extra mile to make you comfortable.

Slalom is a high-energy, thought-conscious culture full of bright and upcoming business and technical professionals.

Slalom is a fast-paced, high-energy environment.The onboarding process lacked (joining during Covid played a factor). Difficulty getting face time with other employees. Everyone looking for billable hours.

Pros

Fair benefits/ pay. Great culture

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Slalom Consulting?

By far the best place I worked in

By far the best place. Treating employees with the respect they deserve . Great management as they always care about the employees health and wellness

great

slalom has been great so far. i am still early in my career, but i know this has been the right step so far. when i first started at slalom, i went through the salesforce academy bootcamp, it consisted of long days, but definitely helped me further my skills. there are learning opportunities all the time and continued chances to grow

Good company culture that focuses on promoting individual authenticity.

People are warm and genuine for the most part. Leadership means well and strive to do right by their employees and their clients even if they always don't get it right. A market system means your experience may vary. Older, more established markets typically display the older Slalom vibe while newer markets are still getting their feet under them. Again leadership is trying, but rapid growth and the infusion of a lot of new people is causing some growing pains. Projects are mainly staff augmentation, although again, it depends on the market. Projects can be uninspiring at times.

Pros

The people, the employee resource groups, average to above average salary, dedicated learning days, feedback driven culture, open to new if you are willing to put the work in to execute

Cons

Awful PTO (compared to competitors), no sick days, low bonus structure especially for lower roles, lack of project/industry variety, path to promotion is unclear, constantly changing, and feels skewed towards favorites

Overall a great consulting firm to work for. Your experience is highly dependent on factors both within and outside of your control.

As with anything in consulting, your experience is highly, highly dependent on your personal situation. That means which local market you align to and which client you are staffed on. Additionally, Slalom prides itself on allowing employees to direct their own career - this means that if you want to push up the corporate ladder quickly, you may do so. If you want to stay at level and deepen your skills, you can do so. At the end of the day it's a consulting firm and you shouldn't be surprised when it feels like...a consulting firm. Days can be stressful, frustrating, not fair at times. But the people generally are great to work with and it's so. much. easier. to find balance here vs. traditional M-Th client travel requirements of big 4 consulting and we really try to do a good job of putting people first, even before clients. Again, it's all about your personal situation and how much you guide your career and environment vs. letting the machine dictate your experience. I have and would continue to recommend Slalom to anyone who wants to experience a Consulting lifestyle.

Pros

Better work-life balance than other consulting firms, Private company means business decisions more often put people first, Excellent culture of inclusion diversity and equity, All are welcome and encouraged to bring their real selves, No unwanted travel, Growth is 100% through individual hiring (no acquisitions)

Cons

Leadership is largely pulled from ex-big 4 consulting particularly Accenture, Fast growth the last few years has changed the culture a bit, COVID era is eroding the value prop around no travel.

Great company!

ProsSlalom has the best corporate culture I have worked in. They genuinely care about their employees and this is driven down the people managers. I have felt supported in my career ambitions and have felt management has my back in case of a bad/hostile client environment.ConsIt's a consultancy which comes with the usual baggage of upselling, even for the employees. I was never a day-to-day consultant so I cannot speak to the working conditions but the rumor has it Slalom underpays for the market (probably, we need to make a profit) and some engagements wind up being more staff aug than people expect.

productive workplace with diversity and good atmosphere

I enjoyed my time working there granted I was part-time. Would have been even better had I been full-time. Everyone there is friendly, polite, and courteous. They always improving and are an autonomous workplace. It was a pleasure to work here.

Pros

free snacks, skee ball, benefits

Cons

not enough hours for full-time status

No Job Security

Very untrustworthy company. Was hired and setup for failure. Either perform like a rockstar under pressure or you get the ax. Values profits over everything

Great place with smart people

Slalom does a great job at recruiting the right kind of people. Everyone is, for the most part, down to earth, smart and very easy to work with. Overall Slalom actively shows that they do care about their employees.

Great place for not travel local consulting

Lot of opportunities for career advancement. Career Managers do take in to account the staffing preferences that one might have. The pay can be better though. My peers at the same level were making more than I did. Company does an annual event every year which is lot of fun.

Pros

Career Advancement

Cons

Salary

Poor project selection & questionable management

Poor project selection & questionable management. Seemed like they are eager to sell projects even if the talent needed is not available, projects are poorly lead by "Solution Owners"

Fun workplace

People are always willing to share their knowledge and help you succeed. The company is always looking at ways to improve and takes really good care of its employees.

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Slalom Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits