SK Battery America

SK Battery America Employee Reviews

Automation done wrong.

This plant is supposed to be automated yet they continue to hire people with literally no training to solve errors. Most people do nothing, struggling for meaning in a 12 hour shift. Even if you work hard and try to advance they hire from the outside or mostly South Korea.

If your looking for value!

I have no hate for the business. But if your looking to be a valued employee. You wont find it here. They jobs here are very mindless and repetitive to were it confuses you to why your there. The company has not infrastructure and everyone is running around like a headless chicken. They pay is $18.00 for floor operators and for Management its $21.00 which is really LOW. They don't have a open door policy because HR has such a high turn over rate that no one can find any answers. The good: Good insurance and they pay for your lunches thats it!

Do not work here

If you have any kind of life out side of work be wary. They will lie to you in your interview about your shift then switch it when you get here leaving you to scramble to find childcare or whatever else. And when you try to switch shifts to what you were hired for they will give you the run around.

Pros

free lunch and dirty cheap insurance

Cons

Pay and Worklife Balance

Insurance is affordable and good

Good: Benefits, short and long term, life insurance, 9 point system with -9 to earn, (2 points= 1 day), removal of point takes 1 month instead of 1 year, navigation of work internet site easy to understand, they hire anybody, clean bathroomsBad: 1 Parking lot about 15 to 20 minute walk from job, Airport like security check in and out before entry or exit of fenced in business park, no temperature check required, no negative covid test result required after testing positive allowed to return to work after 5 days, they do not clean an infected covid area when someone has been infected and you are required to continue working in infected area, you do not get a shoe locker or locker immediately so plan on carrying everything back and forth, the free lunches are not healthy and they provide no fruit or raw vegetables, the cafeteria idea is ridiculous, they do not pay for your lunches or breaks, a 12 hour shift is 12 hours and 45 minutes, excessive exposure to carbon particulates, bring masks, may not have any masks to provide at times, no safety glasses or ear plugs provided, hazardous environment and extreme health risks due to excessive black powdered carbon particulates and graphite exposure, nitrogen exposure, and potential of moisture to enter the environment is a fire hazard, also not allowed any water on the floor, juice , or drink of any kind (because of fire risk with electricity or possible explosion), no organized emergency response team, no access to call out for employees in case of an emergency, no first aid kits located in work areas, very few AEDs available for -

Pros

insurance, blue cross blue shield anthem, health, dental, and vision

Cons

low pay for health occupational hazard jobs

good benefits but below average pay. Long hours will lead to burn out.

SK Battery America provides good benefit package for their employees. And the work isn't too hard physically. But the 12 hour shifts can wear out most people. Pay is not competitive and there is a general unhappiness with the management and direction of the company. HR is no help.

Pros

generous 401K, good health insurance, plenty of overtime available

Cons

low pay, inept supervisors and management. general lack of communication from the management

Easy job, long hours, lots of off time

I'm not good at this, but I mostly enjoy my work here. 12 hours shifts while long, lead to increased off time, I like only working half the year. The benefits package is top tier, especially when you take into account the lack of experince nesscary to work most postions. If you work nights there is a very good shift differential, although the free lunches during nights are often not good.

Pros

Free lunch

Good insurance, bad management, no leadership. KOREANS are rude and do not respect Americans. You are not treated good. No holidays off!!

Very bad place to work. It is more like prison than a job. No water and make you go into 140 degree ovens for a good length of time. No training and are treated like you have no brains to think for yourself. I do not recommend anyone working him. No family time. They want you live here. Poor communication and leadership. They do not care about employees life or families!

Great benefits but Americans get overlooked

Great benefits but Americans get overlooked. Koreans/Korean-Americans will always be involved and quickly advance over Americans. Your training will be dependent on the Korean-Americans since training will come from Korean Vendors. Don’t get caught in being an assistant and speak up, but this outcome may not always be good.

Don’t recommend you work every holiday

You have to work Christmas Day and not paid extra a lot of turnover people always leaving everything changing in a week short breaks they just throw you somewhere without training managers go by favoritism

Pros

Free lunch and benefits

Cons

Short breaks and long days for 15 minute breaks for a 12 hour shift

Easy job but pay could be better

The job itself is easy, and I do enjoy what I do. I do believe the pay could definitely be better as a Floor Associate. I do not agree with how they are hiring externally so easy (bringing in supervisors with no knowledge of what goes on), but when it comes to internally, there are certain specifications one must have to even be considered (i.e. Operator 2 or 3, certain experience, etc). On top of that, the floor workers are having to teach/train them. If you get on the 12 hour shifts, you get a guaranteed 20 hours of overtime and every other week, you only work 2 days that whole week. There are ups and downs to every job, and I am hoping that my cons with this place will soon change for the better.

Pros

Health care, work schedule on 12 hour shift, plenty of paid Holidays (not Good Friday or Easter), easy job, ability to do your job without being micromanaged

Cons

Current growth opportunity, pay

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SK Battery America?

Poor management

Managers only manage the process not the people. No communication or accountability. It’s a work in progress but needs leadership. Free lunch and lots of walking.

Production

Rotating shifts is a big problem here at the company, no room for growth because everything is favoritism. The company has no plans to what comes next

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Growth, unorganized

Pretty productive , easy to get along with the another operators. The koreans really don’t help you with much , lack of communication between them.

A start up is always hard but they don’t make it easier

This is a start up, I get that, but they do make the work harder with the inconsistency that goes on. It’s such imbalance of power because the supervisors and Korean operators and engineers are never on the same page. Some of Korean operators are reluctant to teach or help you any. They fire people left and right while still needing people. The walk is dumb. They could at least put awnings on the side walk to make the walk a little better, especially on those rainy days.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Hr, management, almost everything

It's very start up.

The company doesn't have real structure in place. They are learning how to work in the USA. And it's hard. There's a real lack of communication with in the whole company. HR doesn't help after you are already an employee. Management is always changing due to the lack of task understanding and communication. Has a high turn over rate. They also don't have any real lead positions. They pick and choose people to be leads and promise to promote but when you ask about updates they always come up with lies to keep you at bay. A real lack of trust and care with the workers. They focus more on pleasing the office people.

Pros

Health benefits. 401k. Free lunch.

Cons

Everything. Honestly after being there a few days you'll understand what I'm saying.

It is highly stressful and not due to the work it’s you have no job security

They give you points if you go to the dr and bring them a dr note you get points if you have an emergency and there is no job security they fire people for even little things like loosing your razor knife

Great place for growth

This is a new company. If you are sitting at your current job thinking "I wish they would do it this way" this is the place to be. You come in as one of the ORIGINAL workers. One of the people from THE BEGINNING. Keep in mind that growth and development take time and growing pains, but if you are a great worker willing to go through those pains with us you WILL succeed. SK takes pride in keeping their employees happy. Free lunch, great benefits, monthly employee recognitions, and annual raises are just PART of what shows this company cares through action. Yes, they are Korean based. Yes, there may be a few language barriers. But their attention to policies to protect their employees and action to address issues is top notch. Be open, slow to assumptions, on time, and dedicated and you will not go wrong with them. They even brought on an Employees Relations team to ensure this is taken care of and handled.

Pros

Benefits, free lunch, annual raises and bonuses, Employee Relations team, employee recognition.

Cons

Long hours, rotating schedules but still all just short growing pains towards a great future.

Management, Hr, Leads, etc are very unprofessional

Management, Hr, Leads, etc are very unprofessional. They sit around a gossip about employees personal situations that should have been confidential. They sometimes make you feel uncomfortable and you don’t have anyone to talk to about it because the higher ups will take the managers and supervisors word over yours.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, Benifits sound good but really aren’t, hours

Many opportunities and advanced technology

Learn many things while I was in the company and many opportunities. Great benefits like free lunch, 401K and health insurance. Due to COVID, work long hours and short staff.

We are a Start up. There are challenges and ever changing situations based on material and equipment adjustments.

The pay is great. The Schedule is 12 hour shifts. You work 7 days every two weeks.Excellent benefits in health insurance and paid time off. Free lunches. The work environment is always adapting to circumstances. We are a start up and need versatile people. SK is a worthwhile company. I can't speak for all of management, but, the supervisors I am familiar with are dedicated and people oriented. Come join us on Electrode Mixing/Coating/Powder. We work as a team.

Can't move up in company. They want you to live there. Walk outside no matter what the weather conditions are.

Pay and benefits good. Everything else is bad. Have to walk outside to departments no matter what weather conditions. They want you to live there. No home life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SK Battery America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits