Shopee

Shopee Employee Reviews

Philippines11 reviews

Fast-paced environment

Shopee has a fast-paced environment. You need to have good analytical thinking and problem solving skills. Colleagues are relatively younger so it’s easier to relate to supervisors.

Alright for starters

Shopee is a good place to work in perhaps if you have some years of experience already working in a collaborative environment. Dislike the fact that some projects or tasks will only get to you if you are mr or ms congeniality.

Pros

Good office

Cons

Unstructured, low pay

Fast-paced Work and Young Team

Experience at Shopee will depend on the team you join in. I enjoyed the team that I worked with. Bosses tried to engage with employees, they will help give you opportunities to grow within the team. Work can get repetitive once you get used to the work processes, so helpful to take more responsibilities. Most of the team are either fresh graduates or have max 5 years experience after grad.

A very challenging work place

A very challenging work everyday but it was worth it because of the compensation and benefits, paid Overtime and Rest Day overtime is also paid and with HMO

Pros

Special Gift during campaign period

Fun workplace, not so much progression/advancement with job

Environment in Shopee was great but sometimes during the campaigns, work becomes increasingly hectic. Most days, work is light and easily done. Some perks and benefits are limited

Fun work place but toxic co workers

Fun work place good health benefits with yearly increase most of the leaves are convertible to cash but Most of the managers doesn't have any care for you, promotion depends on how you are close to the manager. It doesn't depend on your performance.

Poor management. HR is bias and unfair. Benefits is also poor. HR department is budol.

Bad experience, no bonus, low salary increase. Unfair HR, they did not check their people. HR side is always on stakeholder. Benefits is bad, on interview they discuss the bonus up to 2 months salary but in reality on 3% of your 1 month salary.

Pros

HMO with free dependent

Cons

Salary is low, Salary Increase max 500 pesos, Bonus is low or no bonus.

Being an intern was definitely a fun experience

Got to be part of two departments for two stints of internship. Marketing and business development. Based from my own experience it was very engaging. However some colleagues rather find it tiring over the long run.

Pros

competitive pay

Cons

environment can be tiring

fun and enjoyed work here

it was fun to worked at shoppee and i enjoying while working because when i enjoy working i didn’t feel anything about tired or what i all i know is i enjoyed

Pros

free lunches

Cons

8hrs

every day task

typical work everyday group cooperation communicating to my super visor every time of consultation regarding to my work every time with one of groupmate absent or etc. all..

Young and energetic company

As a startup company, I have juggled different roles and am now handling three divisions - Community, Partnerships, and PR. The task is challenging, but it also opens me to a lot of new experiences and learnings. The company has allowed me to try different ideas to see which would fit our market best. However, because of the amount of workload, it can be daunting at times and I have had to work overtime quite a bit. I think that's the hardest part of the job--finding time. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the people are very young and energetic, so you feed off of each other's energy and ideas, which makes for a very interesting culture. There are differences in personalities, but you'll see where each one shines.

Pros

Free rice daily, foosball table, an open space to work in if you don't want to work at your desk, lounge areas, health card, fun Christmas parties

Cons

Long hours, limited # of leaves per year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shopee. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about Shopee in popular locations

• Shopee