Shimizu Philippine Contractors

Shimizu Philippine Contractors Employee Reviews

Philippines16 reviews

Shimizu Corp is a Great Company

It really nice to work with this company. Aside from your work experience, you will learn different kinds of knowledge because often times they have trainings.

Pros

Must finish your job on time

Cons

Must be present all the time

Good accomodation and benefits for staffs

They have free staffhouse and service vehicles for staff.The staffhouse have ref,washing machine and maid who washes the dishes and clean the house everyday.They also have health insurance and free food allowance for overtime.They have overtime pay as well.

Pros

Free food allowance for overtime

Cons

No overtime recently due to fewer projects

Challenging role and Very interesting to know Everything

This work is very interesting job role I never seen in other company in detailed which they help me a lot of challenge work that I did not see in other company. I love my job very well, and learned a lot of things. I can do better managing at construction, and overseeing the works given to me and to look forward the best things that happen to me in this company. Many things I had done so far in my job and well trained in every part of construction works. I really enjoy working in this company and looking forward to have their best employee in the future and management.

Pros

Free transport, Accommodation, Food

Cons

Unli overtime

Fun working place and very friendly environment

Everyday inside the office I usually encodes incoming documents that they gave me, then after that I Update all of my Masterlist of all the files that I controll. I manage all the Documents from a particular projects. I organize it from files to files.

Pros

Monthly free Dinner

Productive and reliable

High salary paying company. With full benefits. Yearly salary increase with bonuses. Free home accomodation and laundry. Provided with service vehicle and free personal protective equipment.

Pros

With overtime meal allowance

Cons

Open overtime

Extensive hands on experience, nice collaboration

Fulfilling career, extensive hands-on experience, training and continuous development, very well organized company, and it encourages employees to be focused on the tasks, but still able to build a competitive and cooperative work environment

Pros

Great project managenent and quality control

Electro-Mechanical Works

Interesting to Perform work at Field Supervision and Planning. Every team were properly well coordinated each discipline. Good performance in safety condition successfully complied.

Multi-racial environment.

There are months wherein projects for bidding are needed to be submitted simultaneously but there are moths wherein there are no projects for submission.

Great company

Working with Shimizu is a great experience especially it is an international company, have an standards to follow and prioritized safety of the workers.

Pros

Day off twice a month

Cons

Long working hours

Productive and Inspiring

The typical day at work is busy as bee need to touch all task during the day missing a thing will be your lost, what i have learned is time is gold for these company..which requires you dedication in order to achieve your career goal it gives feeling great of your self. The management is very professional, Japanese know how to cultivate, encourage their employees,with your peers it is a great team work no professional jealousy...the hardest part of the job is at times you need to sacrifice your personal time just for the work....it equates with the Japanese motto in life....Japanese are born to work for work not to work in order to live.......enjoyable part of the job....is every day is new learning....and at the end of the project.....those learnings will be applied for the next one....these is accomplished every month the team organization have a team building and at the end of the year the whole company have a yearly gathering....the company establishes good rapport to each and everyone so the end result of the project will be excellent.

Pros

pay salary on time and have good benefits.

Cons

overload with work, time pressured.

Productive workplace with good teamwork

A typical day at work would be morning update meeting, client calls, meeting requests follow up and client visits. I have learned to be a team player and gain knowledge in contracts review and mitigation. Management has been very supportive to the employees. Co-Workers are easy to go along with. this is due to the company activities organised. The hardest part of the the job is to win a contract, reviewing clients contract conditions and mitigating them by offering counter offers or by just negotiating that certain conditions be not included. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a contract or a deal has been closed.

Pros

Company Summer outings, Sports Tournaments, Christmas Parties and Staff Dinners

Cons

sometimes requires extensive overtime works or very long hours.

My First Workplace

I met my first mentor at this workplace. Learned how to communicate with suppliers and subcontractors. My colleagues taught me how to read schedule and pin point the areas that are critical for the project schedule.

Stressful and no life after work balance

The company is good, but the environment makes me feel sick. You may feel the presence of crab mentally. I have learned of being patient specially to work mates that pull you down. The hardest part of my job was, when year end comes, and there is no time for me to sleep because of the due dates/deadlines.

Pros

Friendly Japanese staff

Cons

very very long hours of work

fun to work with its advance office' facilities and equipments

It,s a large company having large number of employees Very nice office site having advance facilities Having maximum security True to its goal in meeting deadlines Consistent in good quality control

Pros

free transportation

Cons

Multinational company with multinational co-employees..exciting

As one of the manager of the company, if it's time for work, you should really focus on your job.When it comes to recreation, after office hour is our bonding moment.The company sponsored me to an advance QS class in London paying my tuition fee.Project turnover in time and in quality...if the quality is rejected...it's another additional expense to the company.

Pros

free weekly representation allowance for govt inspectors, owners representative, etc.

Cons

project base contracts. if no other project is taken, then get separated.

Work with quality and with Safety

Keeping the target schedule:Reduction of Temporary cost Building and M&E in one united work flow.=learned how to deal in different type of people=exposed in technical aspect of construction for mechanical and electrical=work on time and finished on time=Safety is the best policy

Pros

free staff house and service

Cons

unlimited overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shimizu Philippine Contractors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits