Shimano

Shimano Employee Reviews

Philippines25 reviews

Amazing experience

Amazing experience and skills. Specially for all good mentors is this company. I never forget all those people who have knowledge to teach me all those things that I never know...

Just don't work here

Previous management recognized everyone even the local bosses. All is ok up until new management arrive.Presently ,local boss will treat you like robot. If they like your SIPSIP attitude, it easy to get promoted.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Just don't apply here

Bad work culture, Bad systems poor management

Working here is very tiring,Physically, because of tedious job and alwasy lacking of manpower, you need to do multitasking every time and makes me feel tiringMentally, working culture is very toxic, everyone is selfish

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Dirty, hot, different cultures in one house

Locals Superiors only gets credit engineering, production, and other depts.

Nothing good happens. When jobs gets done. Local superior only gets credits. Very poor handling of its manpower. That's why many employees hired resign

Cons

Very stressful environment that's why many employees resign

stressful work environment and management

The company has a stressful work environment and management.some managers same no power on decision making when the vp decided.So dont expect to much when you propose projects.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

stressful work environment, management

The Management is a H E L L

In the first years, the management was okay but until the two top management was changed the true colors will be revealed by the environment itself. You will experience discrimination, humiliation, and other things that you can't take. Credit stealers after you provide a working system to impress the top management. Don't be fooled with their nice tone because behind it is a crocodile waiting to eat you, even these two top management had no good relation because they wanted to be greater to one another. Wanted to try? then go make your time wasted and life miserable.

Pros

Good co-employees

Cons

Guaranteed very bad management.

Stressfull working environment

-Too make job responsibilities yet, you will get very very very little support from the management. -Employees benefit is very limitted. -Not fair employees treatment. - you have to divide yourself into 10 in order for you to finish your project.

Good but not best

I’m grateful with my work experience in Shimano however due to fast paced environment sometimes it’s hard cope up with the management. It became stressful

Very Low

Management is a mess. Worst in my 8 years of working experienced. Pros: Schedule Cons: bias management, poor benefits, local will treat you unfair, just dont apply here, thanks me later

Good

A good company with good people. Good experience for fresh grads. You will learn a lot. Whether it is in the field of design or actual. The also give Good benefits.

Incompetent Company

Toxic Management who favors only there own underdogs. No worklife balance. Multiple workloads with no specific designation on what department you currently in.(They just grab whoever person to do the job) Bonuses and benefits are very poor. You will be disappointed on the yearly increase. Office is very hot because of cost cutting (always turned off aircons) Career advancement is very poor.

Its good and happybeacause co workers are kind and good in communication

Daily monitoring of machines and equipments Prevwntive maintenance and repair in day by day basis Repairing of work pieces which is damage in production Welding and fabrication of any job orders needes by production

Challenging workplace

In shimano I've experienced and learned different things. From being a laboratory analyst to section leader who manages people, makes production report and ensures output is met. I enjoyed making production plan on how to achieve the target. The hardest part of the job is to satisfy the expectations of the management.

Working in shimano is really a challenging job.

Low standard company

All aspects are low standard. Leaders mindset are like their associates whens it comes to critical process they have no counter measures and they have no care about the improvement of their workplace.

Pros

Think safety all the time

Cons

No work life balance in this company. Poor canteen and poor benefits

This company has good benefits but the management itself has made the environment toxic to work

This company starts as good with exciting challenges but through time the culture has become not performance based. The information was locked from top management and no involvement of the middle to down level. The working hours for the production is too long that rest days were rarely consumed. The higher level has shown so much favoritism and prejudiced. The culture has become toxic that growth was not prioritized.

Pros

Free lunch, Monday to Friday work schedule for Office

Cons

So much politics and favoritism on the higher level

Good Company & More leanings

Shimano helped me to be a independent one. I searched and learned things on my own, just a little supervision from superior. they want me to be as who I am. overall was good it just happened its too far from my house.

Pros

Free lunch, Medical healtcard, Job allowance, Compressed Work Schedule (Monday-friday)

Cons

Too far from my house

Not a good company

In my stay in Shimano PH, I already felt the bad management and culture inside the office and even in production area. They did not encourage other member to grow as an individual. Most operators are not treated equal.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours, low salary, limited benefits

Good company

Not the best but not the worst. Still a good company who strives for more improvement. The company is still young and has a promising future due to different products that the company can expand and offer .

Poor Management System

Department heads are just new in the industry. Workloads for every employees are very unreasonable. Good company but not good management. No shuttle service. And very low compensation

Pros

free meal

Cons

long hours, no shuttle service

Continuos Improvement Cost reduction Planning Energy Conservation Safety First Handling facilities technician and machine technicians Recreational activities

Pros

free lunch

Cons

bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shimano. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Shimano
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?