Shell

Shell Employee Reviews

Philippines171 reviews

Found 171 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,831 reviews

Productive and Dun

Good companyA lot of benefits (salary increase,HMO,bonuses)Openness to communicatePromotionWork life BalanceCaring companyThey will treat your family as their own familyCons:Volume of transaction

Pros

Good company

Cons

Volume

Not stressful

I learned a lot and enjoyed every moment. The employees are friendly even the bosses. They have parties and event for the engagement. The job itself is not hard.

Pros

Free rice

Cons

No fixed schedule but they will tell it ahead of time

productive, relaxed, collaborative and fun

We may be very busy but we always find time to have fun wether during coffee break at times we have ice breakers especially during siesta hours so we won't doze off

Pros

free parking

Fun place

All good but pay is not that high compare to other company. Management should consider the effect of their decision to its people. Friendly working environment.

Kabibe (Shell Employee) for almost 8 years, 4 teams, 5 roles, 6 Managers.

It was a fantastic experience with a wide range of opportunities. Shell does not only promotes physical safety but help's you to have a work and life balance environment.ProsMANAGEMENT - Bosses and Higher Management are very professionalENVIRONMENT - Safety is their priority (physical and Mental)CAREER PROGRESSION - Wide range of opportunities in different functionsDEVELOPMENT- Have a various platform for skills development (LinkedIn Learning, Pluralsight, Shell open University).JOB SECURITY - Secured as you could apply to different positions as long as you are competent and with your line managers approvalConsSALARY - Mid-Competitive salary based on the market valueBENEFIT- Mid level, as the retirement benefit is only applicable if you reached a certain level. Separation pay (if resigned) will be worth of your last working monthPOLITICS - One key driver of your promotion will be dependent to the degree of your influence (based on my data when I applied thru different position within the 7+ years). Sometimes even if you have more credentials and achievement, the probability to move-up will be up to your visibility.Note: This is only my personal observation and experience and does not represent the majority of Shell Employee.

Great Benefits but heavy workload

Shell offers competitive benefits but I feel that it is not compensated by the heavy amount of work. The company promotes work-life balance but i think this applies based on the department you are on.

Pros

Great company culture

Cons

Heavy workload, too fast-paced

Tiring work

My colleagues resigned too despite having free coffee at work and cheap canteen meals. The growth is not much because everyone are focus on cost cutting

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No job security

It was a good experience overall but a lot of red tape in the company

Overall, I liked my experience in Shell. Line Managers were very supportive of your growth, and the work balance is very evident and respected in the company.

Pros

- Network with colleagues from around the world, - Managers are supportive of your growth, - Work Culture is very good, - Benefits are excellent

Cons

Pay can be excellent, but it depends on job grade and your start rate. If you start high, the yearly increase will not be as high, - A lot of red tape in the company, and you have 10+ stakeholders to view and approve your work

Good company. Workload can be heavy.

Fast paces environment. Workload can be heavy. But if you're looking for growth this company does a good job. Salary is good enough, might not be as competitive with other companies. They're also big on safety even on office based employees and especially the ones in refineries.

Working is fun

Overall the community of the workplace is very likable. Seniors tend to their subordinate's concerns. That makes the work easier and fun. The salary is competitive

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Great company to start with but don't stay too long. You will feel burnout and very exhausted.

They're paying the employees above the average for HR professionals but that pay is not enough for the workload we are working on. The employees are very demanding. You are helping solve their problems but they make us feel that we are inferior to them. Some of them likes to escalate even they just raised their concern. The company advocates work/life balance but because of the workload, there's a slight chance for that. Some of your colleagues are not fun to be with but most of them are great to work with. Work is bearable if you have friends at work you can lean on. The management, sometimes they can relate to their direct reports but sometimes, they give a lot of stress.

Pros

WFH allowance at the start of your career to buy for your ergonomically workplace, Higher pay than other company, Colleagues, No time in but just make sure to log in on time, Shared payment (with the company) for dependents' HMO, Yearly Bonus

Cons

they don't like to pay OT due to their "work/life balance" advocacy which is not that good, People tend to work OT but in secret, Too many systems but still not organized processes, Demanding employees (serves as customers), Partner company for HMO/health card

Caring company

Lots of benefits like allowances (gas and food). Overtime is paid quite fairly and office has good ambiance especially in the criteria but we moved to WFH because of pandemic

Fun workplace and great compensation package

Fun place to work and with great compensation package. Approachable and very kind managers and colleagues. Gives high importance and care for their employees

Fun working environment

I learn a lot from my former company my supervisor teach us a lot about the work of company especially in navigator. We always make sure the good feedback and nice service and we improve it everyday.

Great salary, great benefits, great company values. Not very good for those who dislike a rigid work environment.

- Typical day at work is very rigid especially when because this is the operations arm of Shell. Your breaks are scheduled down to the minute, as it follows a pass-the-bucket system. All your work activities are timed, and every single time that you're out of your desk is timed.- I learned about customer operations, order and delivery management, feedback, complaints, and issue resolution, as well as logistics and touchless support.- Strong attention to Diversity and Inclusion. Very active in terms of extra-curricular activities. There are all sorts of fun activities you can join, such as internal contests and volunteer opportunities. Very active in various advocacies such as concern for the environment and LGBTQ+ rights. There is also a nap room, a karaoke room, and a gaming area, which means they pay attention to both work and play. - Hardest part of the job is the very impersonal culture. There's no sense of belonging, at least in my experience in a Customer Operations role. The people were only concerned about work and work alone. Not great for those who like to be surrounded with colleagues who also care about you on a personal level. Takes a toll on your mental well-being eventually given the lack of camaraderie with workmates and the very rigid BPO culture.- Most enjoyable part of the job is the pay, because you get paid very well.

Pros

Free corporate giveaways, door-to-door shuttle service going home, nap room, karaoke room, gaming area, free coffee and juices in the pantry

Cons

Very rigid work environment, timed and scheduled breaks, timed work activities, all in all quite takes a toll on your mental health

Competitive but collaborative work culture

Work culture helps you become the best version of your self, proactiveness is needed in order to survive the healthy competition. Leadership team is professionally capable of handling staffs.

Pros

Good leadership/management

Cons

Below average base salary

Employee friendly environment.

Overall, Shell is one of the best, if not the best company I've been with. Well structured organization with established policies. Shell provide best benefits and programs that prioritizes employee welfare.

Best place to work; Productive and Fun work place

One of the best place to work. Learned a lot about Oil/Gas Industry. Obtain a lot of knowledge in Finance and Accounting Operation. Fun and nice working environment and they always value the safety, health and security of their employees.

Pros

Training and Good Benefits

Cons

None. Working in Shell is one of my best working experience

Job is very easy..

Love your jobs everythings will be easier. Meet you people and make friends.. the management are very friendly and the salary is okay they dont delay.

Cons

8 hours

Fun workplace

I can say that shell has a good workplace. They have a accomodation for their employee, they have a good salary and benefits. And i will recommend shell on my friends.

Pros

Free rice

Cons

Eight hours

work/life balance until change management

everything is okay, until pandemic happens and you'll realize this company can't survive this kind of situation. benefits are lesser now and management are keep on changing. healthcard is okay until they changed it. compensation is not as competitive as you think it is.

Pros

unli coffee, gym, sleeping quarter, car service

Cons

management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits