Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts

Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Employee Reviews

Philippines147 reviews

Fun place

Nice place to work. Everybody is busy all the time but with a smiling face. If given a chance I'm going to apply again. Its very near in my house only takes 15mins.

Pros

Buffet lunch and Dinner

The worst place I ever worked at

I have been an employee for 3 years and over that time i have not seen any improvement within my position or the workplace. Everything was under high pressure non stop work until the end of shift. Short or non-existent breaks with a pressure not to even use them. Had to cover an employee, if they were sick without any extra benefits, so if someone was sick, the day was extra more difficult, because that meant no more breaks and more complaints from the management and the customers.

Fast Paced, High Stress, Long Hours but overall, Rewarding.

It's a fast paced hospitality establishment filled with high profile VIP's competitive colleagues and a professional environment. Very rigid and bureaucratic and clear organizational structure. It's a lot of long hours and missed holidays with friends and family, but if you want to be at the top of your game in hospitality, Shangri-la will get you there.

Pros

Learning and Development, Prestigious Establishment

Cons

Long Hours, High Stress

It is the only place to be if you want to grow and excel.

it is fun, challenging, worth the learning and difficult at times. This company offer endless training and never ending in improving the quality of standard, policies and procedure.

Pros

Free meals and uniform is wash, dry and pressed by the company

Cons

must multi skilled and flexible at all times

productive and fun workplace

I've learned a lot in this company, at the same time I enjoy working there. But , I work there under agency, means I can work if there is events or bussy days.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

on and off duty, depends on season

Productive and fun workplace because of officemates

With high standards in good hygiene and sanitation from workers to foods and services. With free training for each employees in every department to upgrade knowledge. I love to work there but I need to to resign due to my personal dreams in life.

Pros

Free lunches, Free Clothing, with good procedure in hygiene and sanitation

Intimidating

This is one of those companies that (most of the time) only give opportunities to fresh graduates if you come from the Top University. Casual employees have heavier workload, but are paid a lot less. Some bosses from different departments are strict, intimidating and sometimes rude and speaks with profanity.

Pros

A well-known company

Cons

Some supervisors/managers are not friendly at all.

One step to reach your goal

It is good environment for work and it can improve your skills. It is a good start also for newly graduated and a stepping stone to reach their goals in life.

Pros

New knowledge and skills to learn

Cons

Far from home

productive and memorable

Working at shangri-la hotel is a big pleasure and memorable experience that can add more knowledge to share and educate more people and i enjoyed a lot.

It was a pleasure working in Shangri-la.Superb management .

From the management and staff are great so easy to dealing with,everything we need is provided the management are supportive and motivate us to become a good employee.No complains at all, proud and happy to be a part of this team.

Very fast paced work, with heavy workload handling VIP events and caters up to 1000+ guests.

Heavy workload at the main kitchen, works on a flexible schedule, holidays, overtime and return shifts. Wide variety of food preparations, handles buffet and plated service with VIP guests and caters up to 1000+ guests.

Management takes care of their employees hence, very handful only of staff turnover

Management has high standards of discipline. They recruit the right or quality performers. They have programs enhancing personality development of staff.

Work experience

The workplace was ok. What I just don't like is that giving us a limited schedule. Which means sometimes you work for just 3 or 4 days and more on restday. It's because of too much staff.

Advanced of facility concept. A

A Good hotel for you to apply mostly if you're seeking a quality and good service. A great management will provide a good service not only for the clients but also for the workers under the company.

People are amazing to work with and always helpful

Friendly environment, provide trainings and seminars, free meal and dedicated to provide quality customer service in every guest/ visitors People are amazing to work with and always helpful

Productive and a good workplace for those who are new in the industry.

They always provide various training and seminars to be more productive in the workplace. It also has good management and support system for their employees.

Great colleagues and work benefits

I enjoyed my time working in Shangri-La. There is a great sense of community, a strong value for personal growth and support from management. While the job can be stressful at times with long hours, you are rewarded with your efforts.

Only in Shangri-La I had the best experienced and well trained.

The very best place for me. ( well trained) I felt as a FAMILY in their esteemed company, no discrimination, everybody has a chance to be part of the team. I really like the Management. I loved the attitude of all my heads especially my Supervisors, Manager, and especially the Executive, this people really inspired me till now. 😊 Hope to be part of the team again soon. See you😊

Enjoy what you do at work.

It is good to give yourself a moral value to your family and your co worker or colleagues at work if you love what your doing, No stress worries can hinder your life and work...

fun place to work

an enriching and inspiring work environment for a budding chef like me. a company that supports every staff with all the help they need for their own professional growth for the betterment of the service they provide to their guests.

Pros

supportive environment

Cons

Productive and fun workplace. We creative arts.

All stuff in Shangri -la is honest respectful to my customer. Other wise good service like a hospitality and cleanliness environment place in all area.

Pros

Free lunches ets.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?