SGS Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Working as an intern was very fun and informative. My supervisors and co-workers were all warm and welcoming; they made it known that I can approach them whenever I needed help. I was guided without being babied; they knew when it was fine to let me accomplish something and when to step in and help me. I learned a lot about work ethics and laboratory techniques. Indeed, a good work environment brings out the best in workers.
Salary / Benefits
I worked for SGS for two years. I was under the Oil Gas and Chemicals department. We do analysis of Diesel, Gasoline, Ethanol, Cocomethyl ester, Jet fuels and Industrial fuels using ASTM and IP methods.
Salary / Benefits
Too many samples analyzed per day which results to overtime of Lab Analysts. A lot of things to learn here due to exposure in different types of samples. Management needs improvement especially in compensating its employees. You can adapt easily with the work environment and as always some people are not easy to get along with. Too many samples every holidays and long weekends which does not promote good work and life balance.
Salary / Benefits
Good in training environment I learned Risk Management System, Quality Management System, Information Security Internal Audit, Management Development System, Customer Satisfaction Handling all related to International Standard Operation UK standards
Pros
Free Lunches and unifrom
Cons
Long audit hours
Salary / Benefits
the company was good, but it was too hard pushing hard when you know that your job was not just not right for you, when you perfectly know and felt that you are not enjoying because of the pressured people that keeps on pressuring you.
Salary / Benefits
There is an opportunity for growth. They always give training. Good working environment. A big company. You will be learning a lot. Teaches you to be competitive.
Salary / Benefits
In just over a year of my career with the company, I was promoted twice from Recruitment Assistant to Placement Officer and finally to Placement Specialist which is my current designation. I am Responsible for the day to day placement activities which include all pre-employment procedures for each candidate from point of hire to point of departure; Ensure procedural compliance to secure entry work visa and exit permit for each candidate with concerned authorities for legitimate deployment to their respective place of employment; Ensures travel documents of each selected candidates are complete, in proper order and free from any discrepancies whatsoever; Provide orientation to each successfully hired candidates, organize their deployment arrangements and coordinate with concerned parties; Provide regular update to the employer concerning the status of each selected candidate from point of hire up to point of departure; Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by immediate department head and executive management
Salary / Benefits
Offers good benefits to employee. I learned how to use my interpersonal and communication skills through our customers.
Pros
High Salary
Salary / Benefits
SGS stands by the adage that as long as you get the work done and you do it well, you're in good hands! Management are kind, and they truly encourage work-life balance. Bonuses are generous!
Pros
Generous bonuses
Cons
Layoffs, retrenchment
Salary / Benefits
I was able to learn how to work with others and at the same time, rely on my self to assist our customers. There are times when we receive lots of calls and I feel like I'm being overwhelmed but this posts as a challenge as well. I will have to accept and resolve each customer's issue in as little time as possible so I can assist the next one in line.
Pros
Paid 1 hour lunch break
Cons
Shifting schedule
Salary / Benefits
We work as a team and the operation of the laboratory is 24 hours. We alternately work in night shift and day shift. Since it is a 24 hours operation, we have a one week roster for our vacation monthly. I learned on how to performs Analyses of Gold/ Gold Bullion using Gravimetric method of analyses and Fire Assay method and Performs Analyses of various metals and compounds using Fusion method and X-Ray Fluorescence Technique as well. The hardest part of the job is the compensation that we get from the company. the minimum is very limited for earnings though accommodation,laundry and food allowance are already given. The most enjoyable part is the interpersonal relationship with my colleagues.