SGS

SGS Employee Reviews for Operator

Salary / Benefits
I learned a few different job positions there. My bosses were great to work with.I met a lot of great people and had fun, they were like my family. It was great working outdoors and protecting wildlife from the oil ponds.
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed the work itself. The area I worked in was not supported by the manager whatsoever. Expenses were not reimbursed in a timely manner. Training was non existent. The regional manager never responded to emails. Raises were late or not there at all.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No support or leadership
Salary / Benefits
Great people Great enviroment, highly skilled profession determined to help employees and clients in any way see fit, safety is captial and always first.
Salary / Benefits
Worked for the company for a number of years in a remote area. In comparison to neighbouring companies they paid minimum wage for a highly stressful job. The company took every opportunity it could to strip rights and conditions from its workers. When I confronted them about their unethical nature of introducing policy changes that affect the lifestyle of their employees without proper discussion, they were ignorant and unconcerned.
Salary / Benefits
Good maintenance exp. some workers most are most helpful good to work with. SGS Canada is a good company. SGS has a good place to work like their workers are saying.
Salary / Benefits
Laid back easy work fair pay only bad part you work with some very childish people who like to always have drama but the bosses are really nice and there for you
Salary / Benefits
Long hours, love running g equipment. A lot of responsibility on safety and proper sampling procedures. Learned a lot about the coal industry in my time with them
Salary / Benefits
i learn how to manage the people around me and communicate them be alert in the area because same people you dont know what are thinking so be nice and good.
Salary / Benefits
very tough working environment but a very fun place to work. You are left alone for 10 or more hours a day to run your site and keep on top of your tasks. The only real negative about the job was the management, no matter how well of a job you do there was always something wrong, and on a couple of jobs i insisted that there was faulty equipment that kept me from completing my job and was yelled at by all managers to just get it done. until i asked them to write off on it so when something went bad they were on the hook not me. They do everything to put the job first, all the good and bad that comes with that kind of mentality.
Salary / Benefits
Had to ask several times to get reimbursed for my safety glasses. Had to ask several times about getting paid for orientation. It's like management and HR did not speak to each other.
Salary / Benefits
Run all types of equipment and never get certified,run crain fork lifts man lift operator of 4 different docks,gauge barges,sample ships,gauge shore tanks,load and unload rail cars
Pros
Experance
Cons
No move up in company
Salary / Benefits
It was a good company to work for. There were opportunities to learn various skills and equipment. If only the pay raise was timely and available it is a good company.
Pros
Camp accomdation
Cons
Need timely pay raise.
Salary / Benefits
You don't work under pressure most of the time, it good paying job. You learn a lot and you get use of applying maths methods and using of Microsoft work and exel.
Pros
It easy to learn other job beside yours
Cons
Long hour
Salary / Benefits
The management is horrendously inadequate and favoritism runs all the way to the top. They do not give pay raises, won't offer full time to employees, and they pick and choose who gets benefits. There also is 0 room for advancement within the company. It's a depressing organization that really could not care less about a single one of its employees and doesn't care about losing model employees.
Pros
Poor management means a lot of the time you can do what you want
Cons
Poor management, no room for advancement, poor wages, toxic environment
Salary / Benefits
No benefits, poor leadership, only get promoted if you have thick kneepads. they mistreat their employees and expect grade A work. don't work here! Never have I ever been so disrespected in my entire working career.
Pros
you get to go home
Cons
everything
Salary / Benefits
I've worked with sgs for 19yrs and 11mos but sadly it came to an end because loss of contract with a local power plant due to lack of production but if i ever get the chance to work for sgs again i would go in a heartbeat its a great company to work for and the people was great
Pros
learn alot about the industry
Salary / Benefits
I worked for SGS in the oil sands, the project we were working on was not that bad, but for some reason SGS complicated everything. They are a very cheap company, barely supply you with the proper PPE. They do not hire people fit for the job, half of the people on my crew could not lift what they were required to. so this led to half of the crew puling the weight for the useless people. SGS hired 12 people on my crew for the same position and paid us all differently, and some of the worst workers were making the most money.. just very backwards in my opinion. Also, SGS has this funny thing about them; when you work hard and do your job well, you get to do everyone else's job as well. It was very frustrating to work for them considering they did nothing to solve any of the problems I mentioned above. I will never work for them again.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Cheap, Clueless and careless management.
Salary / Benefits
controlling manifold and pumping systems, gauging or testing oil in storage tanks, or regulating the flow of oil into pipelines. Other tasks include dock rounds, line handling, small maintenance and repairs, permit writing, and ship-shore pre-transfer conferences with associated paperwork.
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed the time that they gave but it wasn't what i wanted i also say thank thanks to each and every opportunity given to me because it adds to my experience.
Cons
The rate was too low
Salary / Benefits
Great place to work. Its an excellent stepping stone for anyone seeking a process operator position.
Salary / Benefits
Upper management sucks don't care about their employees don't care about safety, just want the job to get done
Pros
good experience
Cons
upper management