SGS Employee Reviews for Laboratory Analyst

Salary / Benefits
The training here is truly remarkable. This company is recommended for fresh graduates. The staff in Instrumentation department are very sociable and nice to work with.
Salary / Benefits
I was able to developed and practice my technical knowledge. The company is also good in building a competitive employees as it provides and invest a lot in training.
Salary / Benefits
SGS Philippines is a good company to work with upon graduating from college. It is a good place to earn primary actual work experience. However, through time, you may somehow feel confined and not advancing anymore, thus, you will choose to leave and look for better jobs which may contribute to your growth.
Pros
Free medical allowances, insurance, bonuses
Cons
Long hours, less opportunity for growth
Salary / Benefits
Company gives good benefits for the employees. gave me a lot of learning experience. conducive working environment. a lot of overtime work. team work with different people.
Salary / Benefits
I worked for SGS for two years. I was under the Oil Gas and Chemicals department. We do analysis of Diesel, Gasoline, Ethanol, Cocomethyl ester, Jet fuels and Industrial fuels using ASTM and IP methods.
Cons
Salary / Benefits
Too many samples analyzed per day which results to overtime of Lab Analysts. A lot of things to learn here due to exposure in different types of samples. Management needs improvement especially in compensating its employees. You can adapt easily with the work environment and as always some people are not easy to get along with. Too many samples every holidays and long weekends which does not promote good work and life balance.
Salary / Benefits
We work as a team and the operation of the laboratory is 24 hours. We alternately work in night shift and day shift. Since it is a 24 hours operation, we have a one week roster for our vacation monthly. I learned on how to performs Analyses of Gold/ Gold Bullion using Gravimetric method of analyses and Fire Assay method and Performs Analyses of various metals and compounds using Fusion method and X-Ray Fluorescence Technique as well. The hardest part of the job is the compensation that we get from the company. the minimum is very limited for earnings though accommodation,laundry and food allowance are already given. The most enjoyable part is the interpersonal relationship with my colleagues.