SGS Employee Reviews for Intern

Salary / Benefits
Working as an intern was very fun and informative. My supervisors and co-workers were all warm and welcoming; they made it known that I can approach them whenever I needed help. I was guided without being babied; they knew when it was fine to let me accomplish something and when to step in and help me. I learned a lot about work ethics and laboratory techniques. Indeed, a good work environment brings out the best in workers.
Salary / Benefits
Typical day at SGS begins with checking of data sheets for unfinished tests as well as verifying at the bulletin board for the status of ongoing oil condition monitoring. I have to add that the management were so pleasing, they guided me along the way. The culture at the workplace aims to boost each other's mood in doing work. The hardest part of the was internal, external and client audits, where a lot of preparations had to be done. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers. They taught me to be calm and patient while enjoying the work.
Pros
fun workplace
Salary / Benefits
I had fun staying at SGS. I learned so many thing like invoices, payments. I was also assigned on front desk area. My communication skills was enhanced by talking to the guests and the trainees.
Salary / Benefits
Assigned in the Non-Food, Wet Chemistry Department; analyzed various commercial products for export for their heavy metal content including, but not limited to, lead, cadmium, mercury and chromium (VI).
Pros
Good training ground for instrumentation
Cons
Low salary
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SGS?