SGS

SGS Employee Reviews for Chemist

Salary / Benefits
It was a good experience. Very hands on facility. Allowed to learn various Instrumentation. Reasonable pay. Did not see eye to eye with the Area Manager.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Lack of communication.
Salary / Benefits
This company hired me fresh out of college and I will always be grateful for that opportunity. However, management does not listen to your concerns and will not assist when you run into issues regarding safety and age of equipment. The entire lab was out of date and we were expected to keep the instruments up and running no matter the circumstances. Workplace culture was more or less "Just get it done however you can so no one else has to hear from upper management." The hardest part of the job was producing AMAZING results with less than standard equipment and training. My coworkers were the best part of the job.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
old/outdated lab equipment
Salary / Benefits
Good Oilfield Job, Poor Future Outlook!-SGS Oil and Gas Division. Good Experience and Knowledge platform! When Business is Ideal and Normal, Call-Outs Never seem to end!! The service and business aspect of the Laboratory is based on suppressed, abused, and overworked!!
Pros
Good Experience and Knowledge platform!
Cons
When Business is Ideal and Normal, Call-Outs Never seem to end!!
Salary / Benefits
I've been working here for a couple of months now, I came in hoping to learn many things. The lab setup is great, we have good equipment but barely anyone who is knowledgeable enough to use it. The training is horrendous because most management barely knows how to use the equipment and therefore cannot train anyone but you will be the first to be blamed when things go awry. Overall the job experience has been subpar with many stressful days and very little time for yourself. Your life will consist of eating, sleeping, and working with no time for friends because they are so severely understaffed that you will be called in a lot. I came in wanting to like this place and am now counting down the days until I leave. If you can find a job at another place take it.
Salary / Benefits
There are lot of things to learn from SGS. Here we are using several sophisticated instruments. Seniors giving very good training to use the instruments. Lab team is very supportive.
Salary / Benefits
Challenging work place, limited growth opportunities and insuffient family time. Work scope is not clear. Positive about the management is that they ae supportive.
Salary / Benefits
A lot of things to learn & experience especially using various kind of instruments in the laboratory. I learned a lot especially for gas sample, crude oil sample & water samples. Trainings are provided by seniors. Sometimes, offshore travel is required which is good for exposure.
Salary / Benefits
Sgs is updated organisation so they develop themself as per current trends this things makes their employee more skillful,competent,confident and productive
Salary / Benefits
Since starting, the workload has increased considerably, even in slow periods, and little to no training is provided. SOPs are outdated and often incorrect, and following them exactly will often lead to hours and hours of staying late. In addition, requested minimum amounts of overtime. Hopefully they can pick themselves up down the road, but it's not looking promising
Pros
Good benefits, decent salary
Cons
Long hours, required overtime, little assistance
Salary / Benefits
many things are learned from there . mainly technical side using GC , HPLC , uv ect . Work place are good .Good Management and GM . Very beautiful lab in carrier . i missed so much .
Salary / Benefits
I was very excited when I got my offer letter. The pay is nice but not worth all the work you have to do. They want you there all the time and will make you work nonstop. They will not work with you if you have a family or need time off. But most of the people there are nice. Managers and leads definitely need some kind of training on how to manage people. Or maybe just on people skills.
Salary / Benefits
The best company I have ever seen in my life. The staff are very friendly and best in behavior. I think I will not get manager like Aditya Sir in my life. A heartly salute to you Sir.
Salary / Benefits
management was top headed not seen down people otherwise good learn so much on the restricted boundary . enjoyable working ,but have so much politics inside
Salary / Benefits
Able to render my technical knowledge in everyday work. Superiors gave us the chance and opportunity to grow with their professional guidance. Overall its a good company for career development.
Salary / Benefits
Little to no training. Too many supervisors (too many chiefs, not enough Indians). Has graduates employed regularly and they’re gone within a year or two. Working hours/shifts are ridiculous so work-life balance is tough. Labs/offices/stores are all disgusting. Health and safety is nonexistent. Instruments are old and bodged up to keep them running. LIMS system old and antiquated
Salary / Benefits
You gain knowledge that you can use elsewhere. They provide proper training and because of that you are highly soughted out by other companies. This is not a place for a career. Since management by Thomas Phan, the company has went downhill quickly. All the incentives that were there to motivate employees are gone, NO RAISES!
Salary / Benefits
Since so many people quit either due to low pay or too much stress , situations are getting worse for those who has to complete other people’s work and overworked as a result currently there is no work life balance. May be situation improve in future.
Pros
Lot of training provided overall, people usually helpful, you will learn good wet techniques in short span of time.
Cons
Too much stress due to overworking, less pay as compared to other companies.
Salary / Benefits
Sgs India private Ltd is a very good company in testing inspection .I got first job in sgs in 2010 in September & I resigned this job 5th August 2017.
Pros
Cons
No 8 hours
Salary / Benefits
No Complaints. The Company structure is well balanced. Management staff is knowledgeable and experienced, and they are very helpful. The staff workers are hard working and learn their job functions very quickly.
Pros
Good Pay. Steady work.
Cons
Long hours.
Salary / Benefits
Great workplace Nice benefits for employees great Employee relationships Great place to develop as a chemist because of more methods in operation short breaks, get togethers sometimes
Pros
good work mates
Cons
shortbreaks, scrutiny
Salary / Benefits
SGS was the starting point for my career. It was a great experience working for such a company because of all the instruments I was exposed to. I was also able to experience a supervisor role while at SGS.