SGS

SGS Employee Reviews for Analyst

Salary / Benefits
SGS feels like a stepping stone in my career. There are great opportunities if coming from outside, but they show a strong desire not to promote from within currently.While salaries were recently adjusted to be more competitive, there is a lot of stress and a lot of pressure to do more work than is reasonable in the time allotted. This leads to carelessness and mistakes which can cost time, money, and morale.
Pros
Flexible schedule, full benefits packages available
Cons
Travel distance, workplace stress
Salary / Benefits
Worked at this place for a little bit over a year. The lab is filthy and the ventilation system is going out in the main building, but leadership refuses to fix it (someone needs to call OSHA honestly). Leadership has some gems but a couple are really corrupt. There is a lot of favoritism and mistreatment of employees that aren't the "favorites". You get paid about half of what you're worth and the lab director told me in my first interview that there is basically no opportunity for advancement. Would not recommend, only work here if you're desperate or need a summer job.
Pros
Somewhat Flexible Schedule
Cons
Basically Everything Else
Salary / Benefits
If you need work experience, you can try it here. Don't expect development, Fast work pace and heavy load. After learn then move. Poor management and culture.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
Poor management and culture.
Salary / Benefits
Its a good company they take good care of wokers and they also deliver a good services i was working very nice job i was a analyst at inyanda exxaro mine i was working on shift i thnk you
Salary / Benefits
PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF. I don't know about other areas of SGS but the Wheat Ridge Environmental Lab is the worst place I have ever worked. I did retail for 6 years and I would rather spend the rest of my life doing that then to ever enter this building again. The conditions of the lab are unsanitary and much of the lab equipment is faulty and not working. Although this is the case, you are still expected to use it in order to get the clients their data. Data that may or may not be valid and accurate. Management does not care about employees at all, they will consistently talk down to you and treat you like you have no sense at all while also refusing to answer your questions or properly train you. Unless we're talking about the Lab Director who just won't acknowledge you exist at all even if you need help with something in HIS lab. Not that he knows how to do any of the work anyway as he will clearly demonstrate for you by either ignoring you or simply telling you he can't do anything about it. There is absolutely no training in this establishment, especially in the metals department so consider yourself a pro by day one or don't expect to stay here. Please take this review seriously although it has a sarcastic tone, none of this is a joke. You are likely to experience negative health effects from the inadequate ventilation and faulty equipment as well as risk of dangerous chemical exposure as there is no training involved before utilizing many dangerous things. Long work hours, low pay, high expectations, push for data whether accurate or not. Beware.
Salary / Benefits
There's high level of poor Management There's no job security as Management's aim is to fire people instead of building them. Working environment specifically in my department is not nice. You are constantly monitored. You always worry and that ultimately causes stress.
Salary / Benefits
Fun place to work with energetic employees Relaxed/flexible schedule There are just some problems with management Pay is very low with little option to increase
Salary / Benefits
This is a very quick-paced lab with a wide variety of testing. They offer new grads and current students great experience and opportunities to learn a variety of techniques and instrumentation. You will work hard, no doubt, but you are rarely bored. My days flew by. I miss the routine of samples, rarely being bored at work and the sense of family there. Coworkers were close when I was there. There were Halloween parties, thanksgiving potlucks, Christmas dinner. They would book a charter bus and take employees on a day trip to the state fair. There are catered lunches and other perks for employees. When I was there, the manager would randomly hand out gift cards for various things (stores, movies) as a thank you for weekend work, or coming in late (or staying late) to help out in another area. Summers are busy and do require weekend work, but Saturday work came with Moose’s Tooth. And, it’s an awesome opportunity to make extra money with OT. Prove yourself, work hard, offer to help in other areas where it’s needed (weigh room, semi-organic prep lab), and you will get chances to do other things. The experience this job offered me was invaluable and has taken me far since I’ve left. I am very appreciative for the training that I received and the opportunities it afforded me after. Despite all I’ve gotten to do after, I have yet to find a workplace that offers the sense of family that SGS offered. Is SGS perfect? Absolutely not. But, I’ve learned that no place is and you honestly don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone. I go back and visit every time I’m in Alaska. I can’t - more...
Pros
Start time flexibility, great coworkers, wide range of opportunities, Moose’s Tooth, invaluable experience for recent grads
Salary / Benefits
its a great team to work with and flexible hours. Summer is little busy but winter is very slow. very safe working environment. Easy to talk to and communicate with management.
Pros
flexible work hours, great team, free Moose Tooth pizza, lunch with managers etc.
Cons
not for me but there could be for you !
Salary / Benefits
The people here are all great to work with, friendly, and understanding when someone makes a mistake. When I first joined, there was a very thorough 2 week training introduction that made me feel more comfortable before I really started working. In the summer, there is always some overtime to keep up with demand, however the schedule can be flexible to allow for longer lunch breaks if needed (for appointments, de-stressing, etc), and earlier/later start times. The overtime can be stressful, but it's doable and lots of people are around to help. They also are one of the few places I found that will higher students straight out of college. Also there are pizza and BBQ parties :)
Pros
Good initial training, flexible hours, friendly people, pizza & BBQ
Cons
Overtime in the summer
Salary / Benefits
The head manager is very bad. He even could not do the lab work himself but he manage the people who know how to do the work. People cannot do the job got promoted. People know how to do the work are always overloaded. People keep leaving because of the low salary and bad management.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low salary
Salary / Benefits
Great work culture and ethics Appraisal is also fair No position hike Vast things to learn Work hour is fair..........................................
Salary / Benefits
for an entry position in the field of chemistry its not a bad place. you do learn a lot about the culture and do get hands experience with different types of instruments.
Pros
bagels on pay day
Cons
management can be hard on you
Salary / Benefits
Job located in a small engine laboratory building. Did have enough tools to work on engine projects, but could use some specialize tools. the staff are helpful and easy to get along with.
Pros
Able to work indepentently
Cons
short breaks and no benifits.
Salary / Benefits
It was a great place to get a foot in the door! you will learn a lot of different tests and instrumentation. The people there are great just not great to stay long term.
Cons
not much advancment
Salary / Benefits
The company gave me all necessary tools/training to accomplish my daily task. The management is excellent and they always trying to help you to do a better job. The reason that I looking for a new opportunity is that our main country contract is about to expiry and I do not foresee that they are going to renew this Contract. The Cntract will expiry in June/2015. One important thing this company taught me, Integrity about ALL.
Pros
Excellent Beneficts.
Cons
No work advancement
Salary / Benefits
workers working there are cooperative.I spent wonderful time there.Employees are working in a healthy and friendly environment.Management is also cooperative, but still there is a room for improvement.There is no pressure,but everyone has to complete their task on time. They can take preventive measurement to improve the speed of work.
Salary / Benefits
Worst ever Management. So many politics and favoritism. They do not value people who work hard. Only concern about the profit. Poor work environment. Not a place for a long term carrier.
Pros
one shift.
Cons
Do not value people, Low salary
Salary / Benefits
I believe the Quality Control / Quality Assurance filed utilze my experience ( 8 years experience in pharmaceutical industry ).Right now I work at SGS Group ( Inspection, Verification, Testing & Certification Services ) as Conformance Analyst for Food,Chemical and pharmaceutical ProductsDuties include:-To check and approve the conformity documents (test reports, quality certificates, analysis reports …etc).-To check company's Quality Management System documents (ISO 9001, ISO 22000, HACCP, …etc).-Verify the conformity of the documents.-Issue the certificate of conformity (CoC) which enable the goods to enter the country.On the ather side I have vey good experience as Senior Quality Control Department in the pharmaceutical industry ( 5 years at Remedica Pharmaceutical Co / Limassol - Cyprus & 2.5 Years at Advance Pharmaceutical / Sahab - Jordan ).Duties include:- Good experience in GMP,GLP Requirements & Covered The Validation Strategy and Sampling Requirements for (Mixing, Granulation, Compression ,Capsule Filling, Dry Suspension Filling, Tablet Coating), Labeling and Handling of Validation Samples, Analytical Control, Protocol Deviation, Acceptance Criteria, Statistical Analysis, Process Validation Report .- Participate in writing SOP’s for multi methods of analysis(Chemical and Physical tests) for Raw materials, In process and Finish product as USP, BP, EP Pharmacopeias (Wet Chemistry & Instrumental Analysis).- Filing, Review and Check documents Via In House check list.- Covered the full range of pharmaceutical analysis methods used by Remedica which includes - more...
Pros
quality assurance
Cons
helthcare