SGS Employee Reviews in Makati

Salary / Benefits
Working as an intern was very fun and informative. My supervisors and co-workers were all warm and welcoming; they made it known that I can approach them whenever I needed help. I was guided without being babied; they knew when it was fine to let me accomplish something and when to step in and help me. I learned a lot about work ethics and laboratory techniques. Indeed, a good work environment brings out the best in workers.
Salary / Benefits
Managers aren't responsive to employee complaints. Employee's career progression was never a priority. Salary & benefits could have been better and higher
Salary / Benefits
Travel travel travel. Excellent benefits! Medicine reimbursement, allowances, employee engagement monthly, travel service, LOTSSSS of Trainings!!! Lots of learning, really...
Salary / Benefits
The training here is truly remarkable. This company is recommended for fresh graduates. The staff in Instrumentation department are very sociable and nice to work with.
Salary / Benefits
The typical day at work consists of waiting for calls, making calls, and drafting proposals when you're not on a client meeting to prospect new accounts. Some products are much more difficult to sell due to circumstances, which are not taken into good consideration by management. Members of the management have opposing instructions.
Salary / Benefits
I was able to developed and practice my technical knowledge. The company is also good in building a competitive employees as it provides and invest a lot in training.
Salary / Benefits
The company stands with its reputation in quality standard inside and out. Quality in services provided to clients, and quality in internal and external benefits given to its employees.
Pros
External Motivation: Allowances, Bonus, and Incentives
Salary / Benefits
I interact with different kinds of people. internal clients and external. Given the chance to showcase my full potential by giving me full attention and approval on task assigned.
Pros
more learnings
Salary / Benefits
SGS Philippines is a good company to work with upon graduating from college. It is a good place to earn primary actual work experience. However, through time, you may somehow feel confined and not advancing anymore, thus, you will choose to leave and look for better jobs which may contribute to your growth.
Pros
Free medical allowances, insurance, bonuses
Cons
Long hours, less opportunity for growth
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SGS?
Salary / Benefits
A place most people dreamed to work with.Benefit and Experience wise, friendly co-workers, a place that applies integrity in everything we do.When you need to be sure.
Benefits
Cons
Loaded
Salary / Benefits
Good compensation and benefits. Good environment. Open mindedness in work related. You will learn many things here. Good in handling internal and external problems.
Salary / Benefits
I had fun staying at SGS. I learned so many thing like invoices, payments. I was also assigned on front desk area. My communication skills was enhanced by talking to the guests and the trainees.
Salary / Benefits
_ Typically a busy environment - Learned new things in sales and management - Average management - Hardest part of the job is working long hours without overtime pay - Enjoyable part of the job is working with a dynamic team
Pros
Great colleagues
Salary / Benefits
Assigned in the Non-Food, Wet Chemistry Department; analyzed various commercial products for export for their heavy metal content including, but not limited to, lead, cadmium, mercury and chromium (VI).
Pros
Good training ground for instrumentation
Cons
Low salary
Salary / Benefits
Too many samples analyzed per day which results to overtime of Lab Analysts. A lot of things to learn here due to exposure in different types of samples. Management needs improvement especially in compensating its employees. You can adapt easily with the work environment and as always some people are not easy to get along with. Too many samples every holidays and long weekends which does not promote good work and life balance.
Salary / Benefits
Good in training environment I learned Risk Management System, Quality Management System, Information Security Internal Audit, Management Development System, Customer Satisfaction Handling all related to International Standard Operation UK standards
Pros
Free Lunches and unifrom
Cons
Long audit hours
Salary / Benefits
the company was good, but it was too hard pushing hard when you know that your job was not just not right for you, when you perfectly know and felt that you are not enjoying because of the pressured people that keeps on pressuring you.
Salary / Benefits
There is an opportunity for growth. They always give training. Good working environment. A big company. You will be learning a lot. Teaches you to be competitive.
Salary / Benefits
In just over a year of my career with the company, I was promoted twice from Recruitment Assistant to Placement Officer and finally to Placement Specialist which is my current designation. I am Responsible for the day to day placement activities which include all pre-employment procedures for each candidate from point of hire to point of departure; Ensure procedural compliance to secure entry work visa and exit permit for each candidate with concerned authorities for legitimate deployment to their respective place of employment; Ensures travel documents of each selected candidates are complete, in proper order and free from any discrepancies whatsoever; Provide orientation to each successfully hired candidates, organize their deployment arrangements and coordinate with concerned parties; Provide regular update to the employer concerning the status of each selected candidate from point of hire up to point of departure; Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by immediate department head and executive management
Salary / Benefits
Offers good benefits to employee. I learned how to use my interpersonal and communication skills through our customers.
Pros
High Salary
Salary / Benefits
SGS stands by the adage that as long as you get the work done and you do it well, you're in good hands! Management are kind, and they truly encourage work-life balance. Bonuses are generous!
Pros
Generous bonuses
Cons
Layoffs, retrenchment