SGS Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Working as an intern was very fun and informative. My supervisors and co-workers were all warm and welcoming; they made it known that I can approach them whenever I needed help. I was guided without being babied; they knew when it was fine to let me accomplish something and when to step in and help me. I learned a lot about work ethics and laboratory techniques. Indeed, a good work environment brings out the best in workers.
Salary / Benefits
I am a good employee because I can't do a good job if I ever find you I will do everything I can. I need a good job to help my parents and my sibling's so they can finish school.
Salary / Benefits
Managers aren't responsive to employee complaints. Employee's career progression was never a priority. Salary & benefits could have been better and higher
Salary / Benefits
Not willing to listen and accept suggestions and criticisms. In denial of their shortcomings and tend to blame mistakes to other people. Their code of integrity is questionable. They tend to make it as self owned business because they want to let us do what they want even though it may harm or risk the company's performance. They have already wasted a lot of good and productive employees. The management doesn't know how to handle employees.
Salary / Benefits
Travel travel travel. Excellent benefits! Medicine reimbursement, allowances, employee engagement monthly, travel service, LOTSSSS of Trainings!!! Lots of learning, really...
Salary / Benefits
The training here is truly remarkable. This company is recommended for fresh graduates. The staff in Instrumentation department are very sociable and nice to work with.
Salary / Benefits
The typical day at work consists of waiting for calls, making calls, and drafting proposals when you're not on a client meeting to prospect new accounts. Some products are much more difficult to sell due to circumstances, which are not taken into good consideration by management. Members of the management have opposing instructions.
Salary / Benefits
I was able to developed and practice my technical knowledge. The company is also good in building a competitive employees as it provides and invest a lot in training.
Salary / Benefits
The company stands with its reputation in quality standard inside and out. Quality in services provided to clients, and quality in internal and external benefits given to its employees.
Pros
External Motivation: Allowances, Bonus, and Incentives
Salary / Benefits
Working hours is 8AM-5PM but everyday I do a lot of overtimes due to high volume of work. The regular working hours is not enough to do the work......
Benefits
Cons
Long hours of work
Salary / Benefits
Personnel are provided with tools to grow and learn within the organization. Management is directed to grow the company within their divisions, but support groups are not aligned and thus customer satisfaction is affected.
Pros
Great travel and learning opportunities.
Cons
People in the organization are not geared for company growth, Top Management have personal agendas that affect the performance of their jobs.
Salary / Benefits
I interact with different kinds of people. internal clients and external. Given the chance to showcase my full potential by giving me full attention and approval on task assigned.
Pros
more learnings
Salary / Benefits
SGS Philippines is a good company to work with upon graduating from college. It is a good place to earn primary actual work experience. However, through time, you may somehow feel confined and not advancing anymore, thus, you will choose to leave and look for better jobs which may contribute to your growth.
Pros
Free medical allowances, insurance, bonuses
Cons
Long hours, less opportunity for growth
Salary / Benefits
A place most people dreamed to work with.Benefit and Experience wise, friendly co-workers, a place that applies integrity in everything we do.When you need to be sure.
Benefits
Cons
Loaded
Salary / Benefits
Typical day at SGS begins with checking of data sheets for unfinished tests as well as verifying at the bulletin board for the status of ongoing oil condition monitoring. I have to add that the management were so pleasing, they guided me along the way. The culture at the workplace aims to boost each other's mood in doing work. The hardest part of the was internal, external and client audits, where a lot of preparations had to be done. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers. They taught me to be calm and patient while enjoying the work.
Pros
fun workplace
Salary / Benefits
Good compensation and benefits. Good environment. Open mindedness in work related. You will learn many things here. Good in handling internal and external problems.
Salary / Benefits
Company gives good benefits for the employees. gave me a lot of learning experience. conducive working environment. a lot of overtime work. team work with different people.
Salary / Benefits
I had fun staying at SGS. I learned so many thing like invoices, payments. I was also assigned on front desk area. My communication skills was enhanced by talking to the guests and the trainees.
Salary / Benefits
_ Typically a busy environment - Learned new things in sales and management - Average management - Hardest part of the job is working long hours without overtime pay - Enjoyable part of the job is working with a dynamic team
Pros
Great colleagues
Salary / Benefits
Assigned in the Non-Food, Wet Chemistry Department; analyzed various commercial products for export for their heavy metal content including, but not limited to, lead, cadmium, mercury and chromium (VI).
Pros
Good training ground for instrumentation
Cons
Low salary
Salary / Benefits
Low salary, lack of good incentive programs. Been doing support roles and tasks for almost 3yrs in my 4-yr stay but salary is still as a consultant (tier1) level.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Doing support roles w/o confirmed positions.