SGS

SGS Employee Reviews

Philippines37 reviews

Found 37 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,715 reviews

Relaxed

The company has a very nice and good work balance, points of improvement include benefits and pay, as some find it average only compared to other companies in the industry.

Not a stressful / demanding workplace, everyone is really kind

Everything in this company is great - good management, streamlined processes, kind bosses, you can manage your time - have a work/life balance, EXCEPT - super low salary

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Low salary

Full of benefits great company.

Full of benefits great company. The team are chill and relaxed, although volume of task, documentation to process. Free Coffee and Iced Tea is a good deal too.

Productive and stressful

Don't expect much in salary. Some jobs and "boss" are stressful sometimes. Fun workplace and some workmates. Always need to render overtime and sometimes weekend or holiday work.

Just okay

Workplace is relaxed. Work life balance is respected. Could be bemanding sometimes. Benefits and salary is not as competitive as other companies. Just okay.

Will improve your skills further. There are daily learning that can be achieved.

This company is a MNC and you have big opportunity to advance locally and international. All the employees have the opportunity to transfer from one business to another or from Philippines to other country even without re-location because of WFH set up and the regional HQ located in the Philippines.

Pros

Flexibility for the work arrangement. Majority are Working from home.

Cons

Less work life balance because you can access anywhere

I need a good job

I am a good employee because I can't do a good job if I ever find you I will do everything I can. I need a good job to help my parents and my sibling's so they can finish school.

A good place to immerse interns in the industrial setting.

Working as an intern was very fun and informative. My supervisors and co-workers were all warm and welcoming; they made it known that I can approach them whenever I needed help. I was guided without being babied; they knew when it was fine to let me accomplish something and when to step in and help me. I learned a lot about work ethics and laboratory techniques. Indeed, a good work environment brings out the best in workers.

stressful

Managers aren't responsive to employee complaints. Employee's career progression was never a priority. Salary & benefits could have been better and higher

Disorganized structure

Not willing to listen and accept suggestions and criticisms. In denial of their shortcomings and tend to blame mistakes to other people. Their code of integrity is questionable. They tend to make it as self owned business because they want to let us do what they want even though it may harm or risk the company's performance. They have already wasted a lot of good and productive employees. The management doesn't know how to handle employees.

Great benefits but tiring!

Travel travel travel. Excellent benefits! Medicine reimbursement, allowances, employee engagement monthly, travel service, LOTSSSS of Trainings!!! Lots of learning, really...

Excellent company

The training here is truly remarkable. This company is recommended for fresh graduates. The staff in Instrumentation department are very sociable and nice to work with.

Toxic Work Environment and Difficult Management

The typical day at work consists of waiting for calls, making calls, and drafting proposals when you're not on a client meeting to prospect new accounts. Some products are much more difficult to sell due to circumstances, which are not taken into good consideration by management. Members of the management have opposing instructions.

The company provides a lot of training which is very useful for my professional growth

I was able to developed and practice my technical knowledge. The company is also good in building a competitive employees as it provides and invest a lot in training.

Quality Standard Benchmark

The company stands with its reputation in quality standard inside and out. Quality in services provided to clients, and quality in internal and external benefits given to its employees.

Pros

External Motivation: Allowances, Bonus, and Incentives

My experience in sgs philippines, inc.

Working hours is 8AM-5PM but everyday I do a lot of overtimes due to high volume of work. The regular working hours is not enough to do the work......

Benefits

Cons

Long hours of work

Good place to grow and learn

Personnel are provided with tools to grow and learn within the organization. Management is directed to grow the company within their divisions, but support groups are not aligned and thus customer satisfaction is affected.

Pros

Great travel and learning opportunities.

Cons

People in the organization are not geared for company growth, Top Management have personal agendas that affect the performance of their jobs.

productive and fun workplace

I interact with different kinds of people. internal clients and external. Given the chance to showcase my full potential by giving me full attention and approval on task assigned.

Pros

more learnings

With good benefits

SGS Philippines is a good company to work with upon graduating from college. It is a good place to earn primary actual work experience. However, through time, you may somehow feel confined and not advancing anymore, thus, you will choose to leave and look for better jobs which may contribute to your growth.

Pros

Free medical allowances, insurance, bonuses

Cons

Long hours, less opportunity for growth

Experience wise

A place most people dreamed to work with.Benefit and Experience wise, friendly co-workers, a place that applies integrity in everything we do.When you need to be sure.

Benefits

Cons

Loaded

Fun workplace and the employees were very professional

Typical day at SGS begins with checking of data sheets for unfinished tests as well as verifying at the bulletin board for the status of ongoing oil condition monitoring. I have to add that the management were so pleasing, they guided me along the way. The culture at the workplace aims to boost each other's mood in doing work. The hardest part of the was internal, external and client audits, where a lot of preparations had to be done. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers. They taught me to be calm and patient while enjoying the work.

Pros

fun workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SGS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about SGS in popular locations

• SGS