Sam's Club

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 23,499 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,500 reviews

Poor and Unfair Management

The management only favors Senior mgt. Managers are fake leaders and promises a lot but do not care about people. They promote gossips like culture amongst their team leads affecting agent and team performance. Instead of fixing their payroll system which is very poor, every cut off, there are bulk of disputes. Senior management has no accountability for their actions. The management of Ibex alabang only protect senior mgt. BIAS!

nice people, horrible management

the team leads/coaches don't care about their employees. Training is very bad, no help ever offered. Favoritism is shown. The hours are also vert bad.

Ambiente de trabajo estresante

Una experiencia genial buen apoyo de los superiores

Loved it

Good place to work, team work, learning and training available. Always fun and calm environment to work in on a daily basis. Split training available

Not a bad place to work if you're single, but a family man may have difficulty providing for his family with the starting wages

I worked here in the fall of 2016 to the beginning of the year 2017. A great crew and group of people. The work could be a little much at times, but overall the usual for a stocker. For someone starting out the wages may be okay, but not for someone raisin a family. They paid me $9.50 an hour with an extra $0.50 for working nights. Total of $10 an hour.

Pros

Good benefits and great crew from various walks of life.

Cons

Low starting wages

good

great place to work and good enviroment also they work with your hours and school hours. Hiring process was easy training was also and the pay is good

Muy estresante

No te respetan tu horario laboral, te dan un horario a principio de la semana y el día que es tu descanso te lo cambian y no hay apoyo por parte de la empresa

Staffing is an ongoing problem

Work day going great is when all staff shows and your laid out plan runs smoothly. Daily you need a plan B. Staffing is problematic. The company has a great ladder to climb. The work load is fair if you have an experienced team.Remember retail can be enjoyable and rewarding its about sales. Great people to meet and mentor. The culture is there and firm in believes. Balance in work and life is a no so many times vacation have been changed and with staffing issues staying late happens to make sure the customer don’t feel how bad it gets at times. Very micro managed. So be prepared email zoom calls and time lines of what needs to be accomplished.

Pros

Benefits, bonuses, great opportunity to move up, relocation opportunity, working for a leader in retail

Cons

The pay doesn’t add up the longer you stay

Allowed me to take care of my members the best way I saw fit.

I enjoyed working here for 18 years in assisting members and potential members. My job was very satisfying in this way. My only regret is that the company as a whole did away without side marketing.

Pros

Monday through Friday work day

Cons

I really cannot think of any cons at this time

Crescimento

A liderança tem muita panelinha não te da oportunidade em nada

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sam's Club?

Its alright

Mangment went so down hill i basically trained my self my supervisor was awaome but over all mangment is okay need toms of improvement and work if you are impatient this is not the job for you at all

Terrible Managers, No Support

The managers are incompetent and will not help you solve problems at all. Instead when things go wrong they will look for ways to blame the employees when it is their lack of leadership that caused the issue. Employees are nothing but a number to them and they will try to use you up and get rid of you when you are no longer any use.

Pros

Decent pay for the job. Good benefits.

Cons

Idiot management, lack of care for employees

Poor management

This is the worst place anyone could possibly ever work at, we were so understaffed some days we’d only have 3 people in the front end, no one could ever cover my breaks.Little to no management

Cons

Understaffed

Very toxic work enviroment.

It's every man for himself at the billings sams club. It starts with management and trickles down into the associates. Management is rude and condescending to associates and wonder why no one wants to stick around

If you love stress, it's the perfect place

Pros- Con- They work to you to death, or they barely give you any hours.Favoritism over experience.Barely make any PTO with regarding how many hours you work.Good luck going to school or getting a 2nd job because they'll purposely change your schedule without notice just to ruin your outside life.Always take screenshots of the week of schedule, so if they blame the system you have proof of schedule.Never trust anyone or managers, they are there to make money and not make your life easier while you struggle

Total Dante level of the underworld.

Absolute madness. I would actively discourage people from working here. If you want to be treated like bacteria that needs to be eliminated go work here.

Muita responsabilidade, porém jogam a responsabilidade que um gerente ou diretor teria de tomar.

Gestores aoenas por indicação, alguns tomam a responsabilidade para si próprio, já outros, só tem o nome de Gestor e cargo.

Pros

Têm refeitório no local e uma sala de descanso.

Horrible

Coworkers were great. The customers for the most part were great, as well. Management seriously lacking. The managers that do care, don’t stick around. There is one manager that flaunts that management vest but is a bully. Be prepared to be demeaned.

Understaffed constantly

Always understaffed. Management was careless. Lots of baking pizza and cleaning. You get some good hours though. Pay was decent and a very easy job. They just expect too much.

Management at sams club Spartanburg SC store #8142 is very one sided, they do not communicate with employees, and are VERY unsafe. I strongly recommend anyone looking to not apply here if you don’t want to be judged or if you don’t want to be told to do more than one thing at a time & being reprimanded for not completing tasks knowing you had too much on your plate

Pros

Cons

Disrespectful management, hours are not set, favoritism, & no accountability

bad place to work, not recommended

They do not train you. They expect you to just do multiple positions that you were not hired for because they are always low on employees. The hardest part of the job was taking lunch, because I never wanted to go back in that warehouse. If you punch in one minute late for lunch you could receive a point. Get 5 points within.....blah,blah,blah. Dont work there!

Pros

Cons

point system, poor management, no training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Sam's Club
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?