San Miguel Foods Inc.

San Miguel Foods Inc. Employee Reviews

Philippines115 reviews

Great if you value job security and salary

I barely had time for personal stuff. I lost my creative juices because of the mandatory 12 hour shifts (15 hours if you consider the reporting procedure and commute). Night shifts are worst. Body clock was ruined. I was sick a lot of times. I was earning a lot but that just went to medical expenses. You won't have the freedom to live the life you want.

Pros

Great Benefits, Compensation

Cons

Long work hours, 12hr shifts, slow learning opportunities

Good product

The management is low knowledge about manage in the people those who work hard in her/his area of respondcivility and thier posission of work. Low salary.

Pros

No free

Cons

12 hours

Good company but they reshuffle their employees which will be hard for workers that has already settled and have families already

They are a good company and is one of the top employers in the country. However, the downside of it is since they are a nationwide company, the do reshuffle employees oftentimes which is hard for us who has settled down and already have a family. It is something you can’t say no to because it is already part of the work culture of the company. But overall, SMFI is a great company and I wished I never left.

Challenging work every day

I learned how to manage time and about business. I enjoying my job because this is the things that challenge me every day. And the hardest part of my job that time if you're teamate is always absent.

Good experience for first time job seekers

Good experience for first time job seekers. You'll learn a lot in different aspects since workload is very diverse so you'd have a chance to be exposed to various aspects.

Good for stable career but not much growth

Work culture is more on traditional type with older/married people. Not much career growth and fast paced if you want more challenge. Promotion based on tenure not skills an potential

Pros

Budgeted Free dinner during monthend

Cons

Career growth

Fast-paced, Strict

Good, competitive, fun, supportive co-workers and toll partners. I have learned and improved my management skills and communications skills. The hardest part is you are on-call in your job.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Oncall

Productive and fun workplace

Compensation is okay, we have everyday free breakfast (bread and coffee) free lunch (complete meal with dessert) free pm snacks (bread and coffee). we have load allowance. But the only cons is contractualization.

Pros

free lunch, load allowance, shuttle

Cons

Contractual

Very challenging but you will gain a lot of experience

Great company. It was hard to get in I went to a total of 4 interviews hr, hr, vp then gm and also a written test. Very challenging fortunately for me my colleagues were very supportive.

Pros

Company car

No work-life-balance

You are required to work mon-sat, sometimes even on sundays. There’s no proper training for a specific position. Some managers will just invalidate your feelings and sometimes you’ll question your self worth.

Very Fast Paced

The best thing about SMFI is that it continuously adapts to the changes in the food industry. The company is very proactive in developing team players who aspire to rise in the corporate ladder.

I gained a lot of skills through the learnings and experiences at work.

Every day is a new day of experience both challenging and the ones that were on a daily routine. I enjoyed my work there and it helped me build my career. I always have that sense of accomplishment whenever I leave the office everyday.

Collaborative company

Enjoy working in this company. Promoting work life balance. Yearly increase of salary. Cons: starting is lower compared to multinational companies, benefits are only basic.

Productive and challenging work place

The company helps me grow as an individual person and the people are so nice. And it has amazing benefits that you can enjoy and gain more knowledge.

Very stable and high job security. But need to retire old souls.

Good long term job security and benefits. Highly bureaucratic and political. Needs to retire lots of old souls that are staying due to benefits. Centralized approval process and does not entrust employees to make business decisions.

Nice company very competative

Good campany they sure that the empleyee are safe and ensured, they are good interm of benefits and salary and they also canduct siminars for food and safety handler for the item.

Slow growth yet good for long term

Working environment and workplace culture is great, and accommodating. Low salary for early careers, and may take you many years before you can advanced into the next position. It is a good company if you want to have a stable income with great benefits. Not advisable for those who want a fast growth on their career.

Pros

Free lunches, Free Shuttle, Great Benefits and Medical Coverage

Cons

Slow-paced and growth, Traditional and does not adapt to modern changes, Office politics is very common

Great company!

Great company, will take care of you. Free car so that you will not have to worry about transportation. Will also provide free gas so that you wont have to spend. Free food also.

ProductiveFun workplace

The good thing is I enjoy calculating manual all the the products. I sometimes enjoyed, sometimes confused in terms of inventory all the products that I have handled.

Pros

Good company, great compensation and great opportunities.

Cons

Can't think

Poor management

Very poor management. No work life balance.Unsafe working conditions.PPE provided is for food safety only.Educational background requirement is too high but the job is measly.Very heavy workload pay is too low.No allowances, no shuttle provided.

Pros

Over time

Cons

Long hours No benefits for probationaries except the mandated benefits

Good for career development but not enough compensation

Good workplace and management, great for career development. I had no bad experience with my bosses and colleagues. Low salary but we have a lot of benefits and compensation, so many people stay/settle until retirement.

Pros

Free lunch, midyear bonus, quarterly clothing allowance, annual economic assistance, OT pay (no limit)

Cons

Long hours, low salary, workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Miguel Foods Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits