Ryder System

Ryder System Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,195 reviews

Busy Environment

Very stressful environment, give you too many stops to do with impossible times to complete them. Tell management about safety issues and was told "Just do it".Favoritism for certain drivers, while other drivers would have to pick up the slack and get double to triple the workload. Very unsafe work environment.

The bad some of the Ryder Facilities had shops that were not Ryder Drivers friendly.

A great company to work for I would highly recommend drivers. Sometimes the communication wasn't that great but overall I loved Ryder it was just my finances and I needed to make more money.

Very good management

Great premises, everything available to keep work organized. Great management members. Full support from coworkers regarding training and help in rush hours. Full care of safety. They follow safety like culture. Not priority because priorities changes accordingly. But culture remains same

If you’re White male you will succeed

Worked the manager in training program for 14 months before leaving. Even though training is in your job title you will not be train correctly AT ALL! They teach you everything on the go, which means your trained by a coworker or your manager who still has to complete their job, therefore a lot of distractions and stopping. Your taught the basics for a couple weeks then expected to learn as you go; only issue with this process is if a situation comes up 4-5 months into the program and your where not trained correctly on how to handle the situation, you will be reprimanded. Pay is very low for what you’ll have to do, especially because they have a rotating door of employees for this position, which means you may be doing the work meant for 2-3 people alone. They do promote from within but only if you look a certain way and turn your head at certain things. If this is your first job out of college May be a good fit for a little while but do not stay, you will regret it.

Pros

Promotes from within

Cons

Over worked not compensated

Extremely hot and repetitive work gets boring fast.

Easy work but management is HORRIBLE. Will make you hate the job. Don’t waste your time, nobody last long here, full-time or temp. Will force you into overtime every weekend. So if you have a life outside of work, don’t bother.

Awful place to work

First I'd like to start off with the entire month of June the put up there pride flag and support that but don't care about mental health at all. Don't plan on missing any days or they will ride you for it and make you feel bad for it. Second off this place is not family oriented they will work you till your insane. People are working 12 hour shifts and expected to be safe and if you have a spill you get sent home. Also the management is awful in so many ways. Will lie right to your face. The only way to move up in this company is to kiss butt if your not in the clicks your not going to get anywhere. The pay sucks. Full timers make less then part timers. My experience working for Ryder was awful. I will do my very best to recommend everyone to stay away from this place. And the union is a joke they just take your money to feed you non sense and a dream. This place has what's coming to them.

Great work environment with the ability to grow in leadership

- Great work environment- Helpful leadership- Great work/ life balance- Training that is helpful and will get you on your feet quickly- Ability to grow in your position

Company cares 0 about their employees

They use you and trash you quick. Managers except for a handful literally do not care about you at all. They don't help/defend you and are in their positions solely by pure luck.

New equipment nice staff

Great place to work I just wasn't ready for otr like I thought I was.Begin to miss my children yet they still managed to work with me about taking days off whn needed.

Terrible Workplace/ No job security

There is no job security here. It is a very unsafe workplace here, and they wait til Friday to tell you that you are mandated to work on Saturday no balance of work and life here. You pretty much dedicate your life to this place. Bad benefits all around and don’t offer maternity/paternity leave.

Living life day to day wondering when the axe is gonna fall is too much stress.

My immediate supervisor was amazing however there was little to no training to help newer employees to "catch on". Several were let go within a few short weeks and others were lucky to make it to the one year mark. Low pay comparatively speaking and an uncertain working environment make this employer not one I would recommend.

Any body will do!

What an experience! When a trucking company goes trolling the temp agency then this is what happens. Low pay, forced dispatch, woke culture, zero experience managers that care more about their title than actually doing their job. The safety meetings were very telling when we had them. 95% of the meeting was spent telling us about themselves and if there was still time then maybe we discuss safety. They would employ tactics to keep us from communicating when we had an issue that required discussion. They had no problem letting you know who was in charge. However, when issues arose that required leadership, there was nobody to be found, especially on Mondays, Fridays, and, during snow storms. It was the most ridiculous, unprofessional experience I’ve ever had! I wouldn’t follow these people across a dry dessert to a cool drink of water, and neither should you! However, if you enjoy being undervalued, under appreciated, and having every decision you make questioned then maybe give them a try. They are always looking for warm bodies!

Pros and cons

Ryder is a great company to work as far as culture, training, daily work, and hours. But the con of working here is that they do not appreciate a hard working and committed employee. If you work here and have any unexpected personal hardship's, it won't take long for them to terminate your employment, no matter your efforts and even if you followed the employee handbook policy's.

Schedule was great

Bad management a lot of micromanaging plant always out to make you look bad as a driver the distribution center never have empties so management give you a hassle as a driver

Overall great place to work

Good managers. Good employees. Look for the best employess to hire. Treated fairly. They will work with you if you need time off for an important issue

Not a very happy culture

Ryder paid the bills. I moved up quickly with the company, but this was not for me. It was for Ryder. I felt used once I finally walked away. Most everyone is unhappy. Hard to be posistive

Not stressful and comfortable

I enjoy working from home. My superiors does not micro manage, which I like. When they say we are a team, they stand by that. We are like a big family here.

Tons of opportunities

Work hard, develop yourself and the sky is the limit. People are great. Work from home is available. Learn about and influence the transportation and logistics industry. We literally keep the country moving.

It is an ok place to work.

It is an ok place to work getting help with resources can be difficult . Hard to find a work life balance. I would recommend working for ryder to a friend.

Pros

Newer equipment

Cons

Health care

Ryder fails on fundamental levels

Training people to ensure they understand and can perform the assigned job then holding them accountable for doing so is not a thing that I experienced. Habitually understaffed and uncommitted or unable to fix the problem. Not committed to training at any level, they’re satisfied to just get through the shift. Fundamentally a failed business, they just haven’t figured that out yet.

Good company to work for

I was a non cdl driver for an account Ryder held. The only reason I don’t work there anymore is because the company on the Ryder account chose to end the contract early & go their own way. Ryder management in SLC was great. I had a good relationship with Ryder management & kept up to speed with company goals. Pay was ok. The only reason we didn’t get a raise was because the contract company on the Ryder account would not negotiate or agree to pay raises with Ryder for us. If I had my CDL A at the time this account ended, I’d have happily stayed with Ryder & moved onto a different account & worked my way up within Ryder.

Pros

Management, Schedule

Cons

Contract company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryder System. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits